Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-08-19, 05:27 PM   #1
Fidgety
Mate

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0
Default KSD Commander

Hi guys,

Last night when I attempted to launch SH5 through KSD like I normally do, an error box popped up saying > The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (20000000) has been exceeded. To increase the quota, use the MaxRecievedMessageSize property on the appropriate binding element.

The problem persists today also.

KSD seems unable to connect to whatever server it is linked to.
I am unsure if I have broke it or it is not working for everyone.
I installed a few extra mods last night, I doubt they can interfere with something that says it only reads the game save file but I dont know. I seem to just spend all my time going from 1 problem to the next with SH5.
Its not bringing me enjoyment like SH3 did.

Also can anyone tell me if its normal to recieve a few enigma encoded messages when you dont have the enigma mod installed.
I did install the enigma mod but it was too time consuming for my liking so removed it. Today I still recieve encrypted messages. I started a new career and deleted all saves after uninstalling it.
I think I remember SH3 having a few encrypted messages thrown in for flavour.
Fidgety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-19, 06:56 PM   #2
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

That’s been broke a long time! Don’t bother with it. It’s only use is to set days in dock, give accurate awarded medals and war news.

Just start from .exe

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 02:36 AM   #3
Mowgli
Sparks

Downloads: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
That’s been broke a long time! Don’t bother with it. It’s only use is to set days in dock, give accurate awarded medals and war news.

Just start from .exe
Hi bstank, it is not totally broke. True it cannot attach to its original server but it records my patrol history accurately as far as I can tell (I am on my 8th patrol) and I often go back to it to compare my current patrol with past patrols.

I never use it to start the sim. Mine is linked to the gramaphone shuffler
Really enjoying watching your patrols.
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Mowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 02:38 AM   #4
Mowgli
Sparks

Downloads: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidgety View Post
Hi guys,

Also can anyone tell me if its normal to recieve a few enigma encoded messages when you dont have the enigma mod installed.
I did install the enigma mod but it was too time consuming for my liking so removed it. Today I still recieve encrypted messages. I started a new career and deleted all saves after uninstalling it.
I have not installed the enigma mod for the reasons you stated, however I also receive occasional coded messages and came to the conclusion it was a nice little touch to give more flavour to the game.
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Mowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 04:51 AM   #5
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

KSDC is still working, but the online features may be dead or the server is off when you launch it. You can however make highscores appear offline by:

- Your sub must be in the bunker
- Launch KSD and click on your commander; -
- Click the tab SH5 > KSDII; if online features work you will see online highscores (it will take some time to load, be patient);
- Click the tab ALL > Aces and back to ALL; even if online features don't work (you get an error message), offline Aces highscores will appear together with your commander and its merit points.

I just see that when I do the above I get the online highscores, so the server is online!

Date in port Settings:
The menu is broken for the date settings, you must not use the menu, but instead launch the file
KSDCommander.xml and do the settings manually when the program is CLOSED.
Change manually the date interval, for example,

<DaysInBase from="5" to="28" />

Save and quit. This setting will randomly set your presence in port between 5 and 28 days, for more variety in your campaign. You can also set it precisely to meet specific historical operations, e.g. for 10 days in bunker you would set it:

<DaysInBase from="10" to="10" />

IMPORTANT:
To make the days in port work as set in KSD , you must save outside the bunker, set the desired value above, and restart game with KSD, otherwise the date intervall will not apply. Same btw with the mod 'Change Days in Bunker': you must set the mod before you enter port, not while in port.
Once you have started with KsD (or the mod CDiB) you can from thereon start the game without KSD, the settings will be remembered.

Have fun!
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-09-19 at 05:56 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 09:42 AM   #6
Fidgety
Mate

Downloads: 33

Thanks all

@XenonSurf yeah when I said it was broke I should have said it wasnt loading the high scores.
Switching that tab brought it all back. Tnks. Is nice to compare in the future.
Fidgety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 12:04 PM   #7
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidgety View Post
Thanks all

@XenonSurf yeah when I said it was broke I should have said it wasnt loading the high scores.
Switching that tab brought it all back. Tnks. Is nice to compare in the future.
After you get the error message select "The War" and then "Current date" option again and you'll be able to compare your stats with real WW2 U-boat aces.

The entire functionality of the program is still there, including launching the game, days in bunker randomization, newspapers in the bar ect. You just can not see other people stats and chat with them in the bar...

vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 12:17 PM   #8
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581

Quote:
It is normal...However , those message aren't there just for "feeling". They may contain some info which you may find useful but you won't lose your command if you just ignore them...

This is from TWoS QS Manual...

Quote:
- We have "Enigma" machine too ?
Yes! Thanks to the amassing SkyBa ron's work, SH5/TWoS features, for the first time in SH series, fully functional naval M4 Enigma
machine used by KM during the WWII. Due to some technical aspects of the game, when deciphering the message make sure to always
use encryption date contained within the message it self (ex. BDU 0600/1/10/39 18) and not the actual in game date. Players who do
not wish to use "Enigma" can always disable appropriate optional addon and ignore occasional encrypted radio traffic which can actually
contain some interesting data in form of earlier base transfer announcements, info about occasional scripted convoys with rare units, some
"easter egg" messages ect...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote