Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 04-20-12, 12:04 PM   #1
airdragon1953
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Just Joined Up

Hello everyone,
I began looking for a tank simulation today. I have a Win 7 64bit system. I currently am an avid flight simulation operator and would like to expaand into tank simulations. I have a great number of gaming and simulation PC peripherals. I would llike to be properly introduced to this new simulation endeavor. I am open to all help and suggestions to make running a tank simulation as fun and immersive as my pocketbook will allow.

Thanks in Advance for any Help,
Russ

Old 04-20-12, 01:29 PM   #2
Sniper450
Officer

Downloads: 177

Welcome Airdragon! Cant help you out on what to get I am new to the armoured sims myself. Been looking at t34 vs tiger but cant seem to find anywhere its sold. The SBP-pe looks incredible but its out of my $ range right now.
Sniper450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-12, 03:43 PM   #3
von Kinderei
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 150

Wel-come aboard ...
Old 04-20-12, 04:47 PM   #4
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdragon1953 View Post
Hello everyone,
I began looking for a tank simulation today. I have a Win 7 64bit system. I currently am an avid flight simulation operator and would like to expaand into tank simulations. I have a great number of gaming and simulation PC peripherals. I would llike to be properly introduced to this new simulation endeavor. I am open to all help and suggestions to make running a tank simulation as fun and immersive as my pocketbook will allow.

Thanks in Advance for any Help,
Russ

Welcome airdragon1953!

ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-12, 08:20 AM   #5
ht-57
Sailor man

Downloads: 154

Welcome Russ,
I to enjoy a good flight sim, I Have been doing the DCS a10c
If you like or are familiar with the series, I highly recommend SBpro pe from esim. There will be those who say that cost to much. But really it cost the equivalent of a lil bit more than a tank of gas here in the us.
That being said it is the ONLY sim/game that has been of my hard for 6.5 years it has actually outlasted one of my pc's. So how many 40 to $50+ dollar titles r ya gonna buy in say 5 or six years? So really its quite cost effective. The other thing is that sbpro pe is continually being worked on and updated by the developer, so the map or scenario that ya made a couple a years ago still works as the program is updated, Also the program runs rock solid btw. excuse me for sounding like a "fanboi" But if you like Armour this is a must have! Here's a review that's a bit old but I think it sums it it up quite nicely
http://www.tanksim.com/review.htm
Heres a recent vid
ht-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-12, 09:33 AM   #6
airdragon1953
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default Good to Hear from You ht-57

ht-57,
I to, am running DCS A10C. I am currently making system modifications for the HELIIOS touchscreen interface. I viewed the SBpro and I am going to take your suggestion. I have TrackIR. Does SBpro support it? It also would be nice if you could provide me with the necessary control peripherals. I have the Cadillac of the HOTAS, the Thrustmaster Warthog. Will I require an additional joystick? Can you use rudder pedals for steering? I am sorry, I have so many questions due to my own excitement and anticipation. I will see if I can download a manual. I am also in the process of building an 8 coreAMD Black Edition based computer.
Here are my current system specs:
AMD Phenom II X 1035T, 2.6Ghz 6 core
AMD Sapphire HD 7770 GPU
8 GB RAM
Powered By: Corsair HX650 W modular Pro Series PS

Thanks for your help,
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ht-57 View Post
Welcome Russ,
I to enjoy a good flight sim, I Have been doing the DCS a10c
If you like or are familiar with the series, I highly recommend SBpro pe from esim. There will be those who say that cost to much. But really it cost the equivalent of a lil bit more than a tank of gas here in the us.
That being said it is the ONLY sim/game that has been of my hard for 6.5 years it has actually outlasted one of my pc's. So how many 40 to $50+ dollar titles r ya gonna buy in say 5 or six years? So really its quite cost effective. The other thing is that sbpro pe is continually being worked on and updated by the developer, so the map or scenario that ya made a couple a years ago still works as the program is updated, Also the program runs rock solid btw. excuse me for sounding like a "fanboi" But if you like Armour this is a must have! Here's a review that's a bit old but I think it sums it it up quite nicely
http://www.tanksim.com/review.htm
Heres a recent vid
airdragon1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-12, 12:10 PM   #7
ht-57
Sailor man

Downloads: 154

You will have NP running it with your pc specs. U need nothing more then a KB and a mouse but I'm currently using a saitex stick atm with sbpro pe.(lil green w envy bout your TM!) I haven't tried my ch pedals with the latest version so idk if they will work. I can tell u that it does support matrox thtg. I've been running three monitors for surround vision and it absolutely rocks! that being said all of your questions can be answered @ http://www.steelbeasts.com/
enjoy! cheers
ht-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-12, 05:18 PM   #8
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Welcome.

Please check the stickied "resource" threads on top of the forum's thread list. There is one for TvT and its mod, and one fore SBP-PE.

On your choice for a tank sim, it depends on what your interest is: modern or historic era, more or less realism, Multiplayer yes or no.

Your question on TrackIR for SBP, the answer is: no support for it.

Pocketbook: I wonder about the processing power of that, I do not know these things. SBP is quite forgiving in demanded specs. TvT's specs I do not know. When you ran DCS A-10, you probbaly have no problems. Periphals: HOTAS is nice for keymapping commands onto the buttons, but SBP can be played very well with keyboard and mouse alone, indeed many players use both stick and mouse for gunnery and panning. I use CH Fightertstick and ProPedals, but also mouse. Steering SBP tanks: is implemented rudimentary only, since the sim is designed by demandfs and orders by military customers, and so far they have not ordered a sophistiacted driver'S station. You do not need pedals. I even fail to see a reasonable way of using them, to be honest.

I recommend to check the SBP video thread and see what is there. Since the linked videos cover 6 years and several different versions and developement stages of the sim, start with the newer videos first. The sim is not what it was in April 2006 anymore.

These were the official promotion videos for one of the latest versions of SBP, they are teasers.

ITEC 2010 promotion video - eSim - July 2010

Teaser 1 - eSim - July 2010

Teaser 2 - eSim - July 2010

Teaser 3 - eSim - August 2010

Teaser 4: Centauro - eSim - August 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlxgZ...os=VkiUZkd3XPw

And these were from en epic multiplayer battle over six scenarios:

Brave Rifles - Zipuli - January-March 2011 (multiplayer)
part 1:
part 2:
part 3:
part 4:
part 5:
part 6 (The Final) :

From the dawn of day one to the afternoon of the second day - 36 hours of intense fighting in the 90s, when the cold war suddenly turned hot! This is a great multiplayer battle being done, telling the story of events in more than one hour of video!