SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-27-21, 06:09 PM   #6511
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Thats plenty of half-truths woven into misleading "theory".

Masks must be worn correctly. If you apply somethign positive in the wrong way, than EVERYTHING becomes somethingyou can argue against, because EVERYTHING can be misused, wrongly used, abused.

I know the airstream problem at the rims: I wear glasses. When they get foggy, I know that the mask does not fit tight and correctly. Because a FFP mask that fits the face form correctly, does NOT leak at the rim, and your breathing this way becomes heavier and a bit more difficult - then the filtering does its job correctly. Heck I even shaved off my beard around the chin and now only have a small bar of hairs over my upper lip.

Such masks filter as they should, and worn this correctly, even a KN95/FFP2 masks filters not 95% but even around 99%, almost like a FFP3 filter, as far as virus particles are concerned. The problem is that they become wet over time, and then form transmission bridges and attract even more particles than if you would wear no mask. But only then. Solution: Do as the producer says, wear them for so and so long only in a row before changing them. It depends on your breaths moisture level, room moisture, and whether you are calm and rested, or do physical work.

Contamination with breath's germs, funghi, can be delayed by frequently drying them, exposing them to UVC light of 250-260 nm (thats what I do), or hang them up in the direct sunlight. The UV device shoudl be checked thgat it really does emit that liught, most sold UVC LED do not (banana test is one option, they say). After some time however, they must be replaced for sure. You could also bake them for a few minutes, but not more than I think 75°C, that deactivates the Covid-19 virus reliably. But any hotter melts the meltblow tissue, changes the "loop" size by deformation. Not good.

This should have been communicated more clearly, here I agree. Instead plenty of idiots tried to profile themselves by debating many ifs and dos and donts and maybes and concerns and Ängste until the confusion and contradiction was complete. I started wearing masks last year in early February already. People looked at me like at a zombie, i was one of the first persons in my city, I have little doubt. It took the authorities months more until the finally stopped warning against wearing masks and starting to demand that people should wear masks, and even then, with that delay, just cotton cloth masks (which nevertheless reduce particle density in inhaled aerosols by around 50% if 2-3 layers of quality cotton layers are place dover eahc other). FFP masks can be had for 50 centy now at almost every supermaklet cashdesk. Like chewing gum.

Virus load at exposition is a decisive factor for the quesiton whether a severe or a light cause of the infeciton is being suffered later on, because a high load shortens the time for the immune system to adapt to this new enemy. So: EVERY LITTLE BIT IN REDUCTION HELPS TO PUSH CHANCES IN YOUR FAVOUR. We know this since almost one full year now.

That masks can be used wrongly is no excuse for propagating they are useless or even increase the risks. You could demand that seatbelts are removed from cars because people using them wrong could strangle themselves with them, or brake their chest bones. People wearing masks wrong, should be forced into compliance by shop owners, supermarket workers, everybody around. Rules must be enforced, else it makes redcued sense only to declare them. Instead in germany we got a debate about social aggression and mobbing if people ask others to wear their maks correctly. Insane.

Best is to avoid other people, especially crowds of people. IQ is reversely proportional to size of crowds and masses of people, the more people there are, the more stupid they behave. Psychology of masses - Reason is helpless against it. Avoid them - or mow them down with machine guns. Since the latter is no option: avoid, avoid, avoid.

Stop propagating these destracting misinfomations of yours. You do harm to people who follow your dubious theories. At least 1 on 3 infected, is symptom-free and does not know he is infectious for others. But those he infects, some of them may not get away with just a non symptomatic case, but may get into deep and long lastign trouble. Undermining even the simpliest of rules to reduce risks, oversteps the red line to physical assault and malice, therefore. Biden'S predecessor did so all the time. And now half a million Americans are dead. That dirtbag waded in a sea of blood he helped to make much bigger than was inevitable. Stop doing like him. If I would have my way, he would seat on the electric chair for his behaviour: for mass murder. And I mean that absolutely serious.

Keep distances. Avoid crowded places and too many people in closed rooms and halls. Wear masks inside buildings and in crowded places in the open. Tune and modulate your immune system. Get vaccinated with whatever jab is available when they give you the opprtunity. And after that, continue with those behaviour rules. Avoid air travelling. Avoid cruise ships. Avoid busses, trains, if you can. Avoid group offices. 2m distance in rooms IS NOT ENOUGH. Aerosol clouds linger in the air for hours, and they spread much faster than was previously assumed. We know that since last year'S spring and summer. And smear infection is a factor, too.

My God, its twelve months and one still must explain the simpliest of the simple things.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-27-21 at 06:23 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 08:15 PM   #6512
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Thats plenty of half-truths woven into misleading "theory".

Masks must be worn correctly. If you apply somethign positive in the wrong way, than EVERYTHING becomes somethingyou can argue against, because EVERYTHING can be misused, wrongly used, abused.

I know the airstream problem at the rims: I wear glasses. When they get foggy, I know that the mask does not fit tight and correctly. Because a FFP mask that fits the face form correctly, does NOT leak at the rim, and your breathing this way becomes heavier and a bit more difficult - then the filtering does its job correctly. Heck I even shaved off my beard around the chin and now only have a small bar of hairs over my upper lip.

Such masks filter as they should, and worn this correctly, even a KN95/FFP2 masks filters not 95% but even around 99%, almost like a FFP3 filter, as far as virus particles are concerned. The problem is that they become wet over time, and then form transmission bridges and attract even more particles than if you would wear no mask. But only then. Solution: Do as the producer says, wear them for so and so long only in a row before changing them. It depends on your breaths moisture level, room moisture, and whether you are calm and rested, or do physical work.

Contamination with breath's germs, funghi, can be delayed by frequently drying them, exposing them to UVC light of 250-260 nm (thats what I do), or hang them up in the direct sunlight. The UV device shoudl be checked thgat it really does emit that liught, most sold UVC LED do not (banana test is one option, they say). After some time however, they must be replaced for sure. You could also bake them for a few minutes, but not more than I think 75°C, that deactivates the Covid-19 virus reliably. But any hotter melts the meltblow tissue, changes the "loop" size by deformation. Not good.

This should have been communicated more clearly, here I agree. Instead plenty of idiots tried to profile themselves by debating many ifs and dos and donts and maybes and concerns and Ängste until the confusion and contradiction was complete. I started wearing masks last year in early February already. People looked at me like at a zombie, i was one of the first persons in my city, I have little doubt. It took the authorities months more until the finally stopped warning against wearing masks and starting to demand that people should wear masks, and even then, with that delay, just cotton cloth masks (which nevertheless reduce particle density in inhaled aerosols by around 50% if 2-3 layers of quality cotton layers are place dover eahc other). FFP masks can be had for 50 centy now at almost every supermaklet cashdesk. Like chewing gum.

Virus load at exposition is a decisive factor for the quesiton whether a severe or a light cause of the infeciton is being suffered later on, because a high load shortens the time for the immune system to adapt to this new enemy. So: EVERY LITTLE BIT IN REDUCTION HELPS TO PUSH CHANCES IN YOUR FAVOUR. We know this since almost one full year now.

That masks can be used wrongly is no excuse for propagating they are useless or even increase the risks. You could demand that seatbelts are removed from cars because people using them wrong could strangle themselves with them, or brake their chest bones. People wearing masks wrong, should be forced into compliance by shop owners, supermarket workers, everybody around. Rules must be enforced, else it makes redcued sense only to declare them. Instead in germany we got a debate about social aggression and mobbing if people ask others to wear their maks correctly. Insane.

Best is to avoid other people, especially crowds of people. IQ is reversely proportional to size of crowds and masses of people, the more people there are, the more stupid they behave. Psychology of masses - Reason is helpless against it. Avoid them - or mow them down with machine guns. Since the latter is no option: avoid, avoid, avoid.

Stop propagating these destracting misinfomations of yours. You do harm to people who follow your dubious theories. At least 1 on 3 infected, is symptom-free and does not know he is infectious for others. But those he infects, some of them may not get away with just a non symptomatic case, but may get into deep and long lastign trouble. Undermining even the simpliest of rules to reduce risks, oversteps the red line to physical assault and malice, therefore. Biden'S predecessor did so all the time. And now half a million Americans are dead. That dirtbag waded in a sea of blood he helped to make much bigger than was inevitable. Stop doing like him. If I would have my way, he would seat on the electric chair for his behaviour: for mass murder. And I mean that absolutely serious.

Keep distances. Avoid crowded places and too many people in closed rooms and halls. Wear masks inside buildings and in crowded places in the open. Tune and modulate your immune system. Get vaccinated with whatever jab is available when they give you the opprtunity. And after that, continue with those behaviour rules. Avoid air travelling. Avoid cruise ships. Avoid busses, trains, if you can. Avoid group offices. 2m distance in rooms IS NOT ENOUGH. Aerosol clouds linger in the air for hours, and they spread much faster than was previously assumed. We know that since last year'S spring and summer. And smear infection is a factor, too.

My God, its twelve months and one still must explain the simpliest of the simple things.
I'm sorry you feel that way. These are not half-truths. They're inconvenient truths. The vast majority will *never* wear masks correctly - the majority of masks being used are worthless cloth with too wide a weave that people will reuse over and over without sanitizing and that they will turn into disease vectors. It's human nature - people are, overall, completely lazy.

Social distancing needs to be a *personal* choice. Most of us are tired of catering to every hypochondriac out there. We're sick of it. It's ruined the economy which has caused hardship and despair for untold numbers of people. It's caused kids to commit suicide. And it will never end until people refuse to comply, because the risk is completely overstated. The vast majority of the planet has either had it and recovered, has been vaccinated, or is at little to no risk of dying. You want to hide at home? Be my guest. I won't stop you or judge you differently. But I do not want to stay away from other people, nor do the majority of people - human contact is as necessary for health as food, water, air and sleep

You know what *is* a huge risk? Touch surfaces. The experts claim it isn't a huge risk. The experts have no understanding of human nature. People are slobs. They'll pick their nose, wipe their behind, not wash their hands, adjust their mask, and then open a door, spreading covid (or other things) all over the handle or knob. I've *never* seen a single supermarket employee wiping down shopping carts. I've never seen store clerks wiping down doors or POS terminals. Not once in the past year. Not once.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 10:04 PM   #6513
Skybird
Soaring

In Germany, in stores and public transportation, FFP2/KN95 standard is now obligatory. Shop owners can be persecuted if they allow customers wearing different things than FFP2 masks. That the government allowed cotton cloths for so long I have always critizised, from beginning on. Last spring, such FFP 2 masks were rare and they wanted to reserve them for the health workers. They are not rare anymore since mid-summer, and affordable since then, now being cheap and at pre-pandemic price niveaus. You can buy them at supermarket cash desks, like chewing gum or cigarettes. 50 cents.

Using public transportation without paying for a ticket they persecute. Driving without fastened seatbelts, or license: gets persecuted. I wonder why they are not going as strict after incorrectly worn masks. But many wear them correctly. You make it a case that no masks should be worn at all. That is not acceptable, nor is it logical.

Social distancing a personal choice? No, because if you decide against it, you do so at the health risk of others whose freedom to stay healthy and distanced from possible infectous people you violate. your freedom ends were you viollate other people's freedom on most essential ,basic riughts. The right to live, for example, the right to stay healthy. The right to not getting put at risk just because you feel like doing so. If your choice to not socially distance from others leads to boosting the infections, you cannot claim a right then, because others get ill, go to hospital and some of them die - because of your egoist decision.

You have no right to put yourself over the right of the other to live. It would be slaughter. If not even murder, which it is if you know in full what you are doing. Taking the death of others into acceptance, to me is the same like intentionally that somebody, planfully, willfully. It just is the same guilt.

In supermarkets here, they have tissues and desinfectant sprays. You take a tissue, with it you grab the flask with the spray, and spray the shopping cart'S handles. You put the flask back, swipe the handles with the tissue, throw it away, it, and then have a relatively clean handle. Even more important: clever people use desinfectant on their hands right after they left the shop. I do so immediately after I left the shop, I have hand sanitizer always in my pockets these days.

The virus does not endlessly live on surfaces, no virus does. Store the goods you bought in the open, in the light, not in a dark place after returning home. For the first hours, a day maybe, then place them where you usually do.

There have been no reports so far on people infecting themselves with the use of cash money, cardboard boxes, glass bottles and such. And virusses do not like sun light of the day (UV radiation deactivates them fast).

You see, you focus on what a certain amount of people do wrong. This you turn into an argument that every effort is in vein, and conclude that thus no rules and measures should be tried to delay the virus at all. If we would do like you claim, we would get a situation like there was in the US, and worse. Hospitals would not just bog down - they would be destoyed by he sheer weight of corpses piling up on their floors. The drama of those 500 thousand dead is not that a country with 320 million populatio has more deaths than a coutnry with just 80 million people, that is almost to be expected. The crime lies in the fact that many of these deaths were unneeded, and caused by non-caring and malicous political leadership that did encourage to behave the way you propagate here, and motvated many state givenrment and pressed them as best as it could to play ball.

Is the mass killing the last US government committed not horrifying enough ? Must we all want to repeat it? Germany has had 70 thousand dead now. Germany has one quarter the population of the US, quite exactly. If German conditions would be projected onto the US, you would multiply these losses with four, get 280 thousand and then would have a reaosnable estimation for the number of deaths that were unavoidable in the US. Instead, you have seen in the US almost twice as many. 220 thousand more than expected by this rough calculation. And that is the scale of mass murder I accuse the old government of. Over 200 thousand Us citizend dead who could still live if the old government would not have motivated statre governments to not act accrordinmg to Fauci's and other's recommendations, but behave as if nothing was going on and masks were nonsense and all is fine. A blood bath which could have been avoided.

And here now comes you, telling the world that we should not wear masks and all those measures are pointless.

Is that really all that you have learned from the past year? Is this really all...? "No masks!"...???

I know that the economy cannot stay locked down forever. I am furious at that the time won by it has been headlessly, carelessly wasted by the EU and the German government, I want to see the politically responsible idiots hanging at the gallow for their monumental, desastrous, super-costly failure. But we need to trade time, until our toolkit to vaccinate against this virus - and whats more: to treat severe cases, to actually heal this desease - is more complete, and armed up. Else our hospitals would end like they ended in Bologna last year. Absolutely, totally, chancelessly overwhelmed and brought down, runnign out of just evertyhing, and triaging by routine and sending patients back, denying them entrance. The pages with death notes in the cities newpspapers being multiplied by a factor of 18 per day - compared to the number pf pages per week before the desease.

Thats what it is about, and was always about. Buying time, avoiding that the health system gets completely overwhelmed and completely brought down. The economic and financial falldown will be immense. I have warned of it and posted about it often enough. I know no answer to that. That all together is why we call this crisis a major desaster. A DESASTER. Desasters know no runnign with a happy end. If they would have happy ends, we would call them differently - but not desasters. To me this desaster has the potneital to cause a moinumental system chnage: of money, eocnomy, govenement form, globla econiomc order. Everything. Right now we deal with the medical dimension of the desaster. I fear that is just the prelude to the real earthquake coming. It wouldn't be the first time in history that a huge power or dying empire is given the final kick to drop over the cliff by a natural deaster or a big pandemic.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-27-21 at 10:29 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 06:35 AM   #6514
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 06:40 AM   #6515
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

There is no evidence of any new variants of coronavirus in the UK at the moment, the chancellor says.

The single-shot Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine becomes the third jab to be authorised in the US

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge urge people to get the Covid vaccine, saying it is "really important"

People aged 60 to 63 in England are due to start getting their vaccination invites from Monday.

A senior German immunologist urges his country to change its mind and start allowing over-65s to receive the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine.

US regulators have formally approved the single-shot Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine, the third jab to be authorised in the country.

Old 02-28-21, 07:16 AM   #6516
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
In Germany, in stores and public transportation, FFP2/KN95 standard is now obligatory. Shop owners can be persecuted if they allow customers wearing different things than FFP2 masks. That the government allowed cotton cloths for so long I have always critizised, from beginning on. Last spring, such FFP 2 masks were rare and they wanted to reserve them for the health workers. They are not rare anymore since mid-summer, and affordable since then, now being cheap and at pre-pandemic price niveaus. You can buy them at supermarket cash desks, like chewing gum or cigarettes. 50 cents.

Using public transportation without paying for a ticket they persecute. Driving without fastened seatbelts, or license: gets persecuted. I wonder why they are not going as strict after incorrectly worn masks. But many wear them correctly. You make it a case that no masks should be worn at all. That is not acceptable, nor is it logical.

Social distancing a personal choice? No, because if you decide against it, you do so at the health risk of others whose freedom to stay healthy and distanced from possible infectous people you violate. your freedom ends were you viollate other people's freedom on most essential ,basic riughts. The right to live, for example, the right to stay healthy. The right to not getting put at risk just because you feel like doing so. If your choice to not socially distance from others leads to boosting the infections, you cannot claim a right then, because others get ill, go to hospital and some of them die - because of your egoist decision.

You have no right to put yourself over the right of the other to live. It would be slaughter. If not even murder, which it is if you know in full what you are doing. Taking the death of others into acceptance, to me is the same like intentionally that somebody, planfully, willfully. It just is the same guilt.

In supermarkets here, they have tissues and desinfectant sprays. You take a tissue, with it you grab the flask with the spray, and spray the shopping cart'S handles. You put the flask back, swipe the handles with the tissue, throw it away, it, and then have a relatively clean handle. Even more important: clever people use desinfectant on their hands right after they left the shop. I do so immediately after I left the shop, I have hand sanitizer always in my pockets these days.

The virus does not endlessly live on surfaces, no virus does. Store the goods you bought in the open, in the light, not in a dark place after returning home. For the first hours, a day maybe, then place them where you usually do.

There have been no reports so far on people infecting themselves with the use of cash money, cardboard boxes, glass bottles and such. And virusses do not like sun light of the day (UV radiation deactivates them fast).

You see, you focus on what a certain amount of people do wrong. This you turn into an argument that every effort is in vein, and conclude that thus no rules and measures should be tried to delay the virus at all. If we would do like you claim, we would get a situation like there was in the US, and worse. Hospitals would not just bog down - they would be destoyed by he sheer weight of corpses piling up on their floors. The drama of those 500 thousand dead is not that a country with 320 million populatio has more deaths than a coutnry with just 80 million people, that is almost to be expected. The crime lies in the fact that many of these deaths were unneeded, and caused by non-caring and malicous political leadership that did encourage to behave the way you propagate here, and motvated many state givenrment and pressed them as best as it could to play ball.

Is the mass killing the last US government committed not horrifying enough ? Must we all want to repeat it? Germany has had 70 thousand dead now. Germany has one quarter the population of the US, quite exactly. If German conditions would be projected onto the US, you would multiply these losses with four, get 280 thousand and then would have a reaosnable estimation for the number of deaths that were unavoidable in the US. Instead, you have seen in the US almost twice as many. 220 thousand more than expected by this rough calculation. And that is the scale of mass murder I accuse the old government of. Over 200 thousand Us citizend dead who could still live if the old government would not have motivated statre governments to not act accrordinmg to Fauci's and other's recommendations, but behave as if nothing was going on and masks were nonsense and all is fine. A blood bath which could have been avoided.

And here now comes you, telling the world that we should not wear masks and all those measures are pointless.

Is that really all that you have learned from the past year? Is this really all...? "No masks!"...???

I know that the economy cannot stay locked down forever. I am furious at that the time won by it has been headlessly, carelessly wasted by the EU and the German government, I want to see the politically responsible idiots hanging at the gallow for their monumental, desastrous, super-costly failure. But we need to trade time, until our toolkit to vaccinate against this virus - and whats more: to treat severe cases, to actually heal this desease - is more complete, and armed up. Else our hospitals would end like they ended in Bologna last year. Absolutely, totally, chancelessly overwhelmed and brought down, runnign out of just evertyhing, and triaging by routine and sending patients back, denying them entrance. The pages with death notes in the cities newpspapers being multiplied by a factor of 18 per day - compared to the number pf pages per week before the desease.

Thats what it is about, and was always about. Buying time, avoiding that the health system gets completely overwhelmed and completely brought down. The economic and financial falldown will be immense. I have warned of it and posted about it often enough. I know no answer to that. That all together is why we call this crisis a major desaster. A DESASTER. Desasters know no runnign with a happy end. If they would have happy ends, we would call them differently - but not desasters. To me this desaster has the potneital to cause a moinumental system chnage: of money, eocnomy, govenement form, globla econiomc order. Everything. Right now we deal with the medical dimension of the desaster. I fear that is just the prelude to the real earthquake coming. It wouldn't be the first time in history that a huge power or dying empire is given the final kick to drop over the cliff by a natural deaster or a big pandemic.
Since you obviously don't understand that what they do in Germany is *not* what is done nor is required elsewhere, I'll just wish you a happy life hiding in your bunker while the rest of us move on.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 07:38 AM   #6517
Skybird
Soaring

Happy killing spree to you, too.
Old 02-28-21, 07:45 AM   #6518
Skybird
Soaring

https://intellinews.com/lufthansa-to...ermans-203885/

Quote:
The German national carrier Lufthansa plans to set up a first class "Corona Lounge" in a Moscow airport for rich patrons from other countries to fly into the Russian capital and get the Sputnik V vaccination without ever entering the country, bne IntelliNews can reveal.
Old 02-28-21, 08:08 AM   #6519
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ At €1,000 I should imagine it will prove very popular if it goes ahead.

Old 02-28-21, 08:28 AM   #6520
Skybird
Soaring

Czech Republic is deep in the valley of darkness: infection rates are six times as high as in the US now. They fight what they can, but they have been overwhelmed.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/28/e...ntl/index.html

Germany has widened border lockdowns, now including French border regions with high infection rates with the mutated forms. Too late, Germany - weeks too late.
Old 02-28-21, 10:14 AM   #6521
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I'd never have thought anyone could get it worse than the UK with Boris at the helm.

Old 02-28-21, 10:31 AM   #6522
Skybird
Soaring

Their politicians always lagged behind by 1-2 weeks. Not wanting to be active preventively, since that would mean unpopular consequences. So they always were too late. The people now pay the price. They thought they could outsmart the virus. Instead the new virus simply outran them.

Many other European countries soon could be where the Czechs are today. Especially Germany. The pressure to open up, is immense. And that at the starting phase of a third wave of the mutated virus. And it is an election year in Germany, making it even worse.
Old 02-28-21, 01:14 PM   #6523
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A coronavirus "variant of concern" first detected in Brazil has now been found in the UK.

Three cases have been detected in England and separately three in Scotland.

In England, officials are still trying to track down one of those who tested positive for the new variant.

Meanwhile the three Scottish residents had flown to Scotland from Brazil via Paris and London, the Scottish government said.

Experts believe this variant, first detected in travellers to Japan from Manaus in northern Brazil in January, could be more contagious.

In England, the first two cases were from the same household in south Gloucestershire, with a history of travel to Brazil, but the third is not linked, Public Health England (PHE) said.

The whereabouts of that third person are still not known, as PHE says they did not complete their test registration card so follow-up details are unavailable.

Officials are asking anyone who took a test on 12 or 13 February and who has not received a result or has an uncompleted test registration card to come forward immediately.

With regards the three cases in Scotland, the government said other passengers, who were on the same flight from London to Aberdeen, are now being contacted.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56233038

Old 03-01-21, 07:06 AM   #6524
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

World Trade Organisation’s new director-general makes history
Line of Duty season 6 will start on this date

Germany was under pressure to change its Covid vaccination strategy on Sunday after the country's top vaccine regulator acknowledged that advice against giving the AstraZeneca jab to over 65s had been flawed.

The announcement came as a term of German scientists called on the government to follow the UK in delaying second doses after a study showed it could save up to 15,000 lives.

Thomas Mertens, the head of Germany’s Standing Committee on Vaccination (Stiko), said on Saturday that the country was likely to change its controversial guidelines against not to give the AstraZeneca vaccine to over 65s, saying errors had been made. Promising “a new, updated recommendation very soon”, Mertens said: “somehow the whole thing went very badly”.

“We had the data that we had and based on this data we made the recommendation. But we never criticized the vaccine. We only criticised the fact that the data situation for the age group over 65 was not good or not sufficient,” he said on Germany’s ZDF news network.

Mr Mertens said the commission believed the AstraZeneca vaccine was “very good” and that their opinion of the vaccine was “now even better with the addition of the new data”.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...out&li=AAnZ9Ug

Old 03-01-21, 07:10 AM   #6525
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The P1 coronavirus variant first detected in Brazil is 'concerning', Nadhim Zahawi says, after cases are found in England and Scotland.

It is similar, in terms of its mutations, to the variant first detected in South Africa, the vaccines minister says.

Health officials are trying to trace one of the cases in England infected with the variant.

They are one of six cases of the P1 variant found in the UK in February.

The UK's vaccination rollout will receive an extra £1.65bn in the Budget.

Wedding and civil partnership ceremonies can take place at licensed venues in Wales.

There were another 6,035 cases of coronavirus in the UK on Sunday, a further 144 people died within 28 days of a positive test.

More than 20 million people have received their first dose of the vaccine.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan