SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-12-20, 11:13 AM   #1
embraceentropy
Seaman

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0
Default Museum CTD

It started with a CTD while clicking through the Japanese section of the recognition manual in periscope view. Long story short, I came across SH4 validator and fixed the issues I could. Now I can successfully click through Japanese section of the recognition manual, so it's better.

However, I read that if you can get through the museum then you have a solid build. After correcting everything I could I still CTD before the museum launches (loading screen completes then CTD). Fearing that I have another CTD looming while playing I want to square this away.

My SH validation log still has many missing cfg files. I don't see where any of my mods would affect this. Could these missing cfg files be causing my issue? If so, how do I find replacements?

What other issues could cause this?

Mod List (in this order using JSGME):
1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5XX_Patch1
1.5_Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for TMO 2.5
1.5_OTC for 16 to 9 Aspect Ratio_TMO
410 Rockin Robbins EZ PLot V2.0
Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton

Validation Log:

Current ignore list:
data\Land\LCD_LargeTurret\LCD_LargeTurret.eqp
data\Land\LCD_LargeTurret\LCD_LargeTurret.sns
data\Land\LCD_MediumTurret\LCD_MediumTurret.eqp
data\Land\LCD_MediumTurret\LCD_MediumTurret.sns
data\Ordnance\AntiSubNet\AntiSubNet.sns
data\Ordnance\Minefield\Minefield.sns
data\Sea\Float_Plane_H6K\Float_Plane_H6K.eqp
data\Sea\NDD_Hatsuharu\NDD_Hatsuharu.eqp
data\Sea\NDD_Hatsuharu\NDD_Hatsuharu.sns
data\Sea\NKSQ_\NKSQ_.eqp
data\Sea\NOM_Paula\NOM_Paula.eqp
data\Land\LCD_SmallJP\LCD_SmallJP.eqp
data\Land\LCD_SmallJP\LCD_SmallJP.sns

Country errors:
no errors

Country ignores:
no ignores

Roster errors:
no errors

Roster ignores:
no ignores

Classes errors:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\M35Hansa\M35Hansa.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\M35R\M35R.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NAMJP\NAMJP.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NBB_Alabama\NBB_Alabama.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NBB_Bismark\NBB_Bismark.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NBB_Montana\NBB_Montana.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NBB_Nagato\NBB_Nagato.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NBB_Nelson\NBB_Nelson.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NBB_NewJersey\NBB_NewJersey.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NBB_Queen_Elisabeth\NBB_Queen_Eli sabeth.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NBB_Ramilles\NBB_Ramilles.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NBB_Revenge\NBB_Revenge.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NBB_Tirpitz\NBB_Tirpitz.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NCA_Lutzow\NCA_Lutzow.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NCA_Myoko\NCA_Myoko.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NCA_P26b\NCA_P26b.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NCVW\NCVW.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NCV_Illustrious\NCV_Illustrious.c fg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NDA_Sirtori\NDA_Sirtori.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NDD_1936A\NDD_1936A.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NDD_1936B\NDD_1936B.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NDD_1936C\NDD_1936C.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NDD_A&B\NDD_A&B.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NDD_Admiralden\NDD_Admiralden.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NDD_C&D\NDD_C&D.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NDD_SU1\NDD_SU1.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NDD_Type7y\NDD_Type7y.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NDD_Yagumo\NDD_Yagumo.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NDE_Kisarage\NDE_Kisarage.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NKGHAN\NKGHAN.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NKGHAP\NKGHAP.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NKLCS\NKLCS.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NKLSS\NKLSS.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NKLSS_Hansa\NKLSS_Hansa.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NKMCSMK1\NKMCSMK1.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NKMCSMK2\NKMCSMK2.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NKMCSMK3\NKMCSMK3.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NKMSSMK1\NKMSSMK1.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NKMSSMK2\NKMSSMK2.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NKMSS_JP\NKMSS_JP.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NKMSS_WM\NKMSS_WM.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NKSQE\NKSQE.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NKSS_CAT\NKSS_CAT.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NLUS_Bremen\NLUS_Bremen.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NMS_Ge_Tanker\NMS_Ge_Tanker.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NOL_British\NOL_British.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NOL_Nippon2\NOL_Nippon2.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NOTM_T2\NOTM_T2.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NPL_Hap\NPL_Hap.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NPL_RC\NPL_RC.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NPPE_\NPPE_.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NPPQ_\NPPQ_.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NTUS_\NTUS_.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NUSTUG\NUSTUG.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NVV2\NVV2.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\OldCorvette\OldCorvette.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\STUG\STUG.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\T07B\T07B.cfg missing!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\T07US\T07US.cfg missing!

Classes ignores:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\Float_Plane_H6K\Float_Plane_H6K.e qp ignored
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NDD_Hatsuharu\NDD_Hatsuharu.eqp ignored
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NDD_Hatsuharu\NDD_Hatsuharu.sns ignored
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NKSQ_\NKSQ_.eqp ignored
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Sea\NOM_Paula\NOM_Paula.eqp ignored
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Land\LCD_LargeTurret\LCD_LargeTurret. eqp ignored
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Land\LCD_LargeTurret\LCD_LargeTurret. sns ignored
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Land\LCD_MediumTurret\LCD_MediumTurre t.eqp ignored
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Land\LCD_MediumTurret\LCD_MediumTurre t.sns ignored
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Land\LCD_SmallJP\LCD_SmallJP.eqp ignored
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Land\LCD_SmallJP\LCD_SmallJP.sns ignored
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Ordnance\AntiSubNet\AntiSubNet.sns ignored
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Ordnance\Minefield\Minefield.sns ignored

DefSide errors:
no errors

DefSide ignores:
no ignores

Campaign errors:
:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Campaigns\Campaign\PatrolObjectives\T G7pt1_2\TG7pt1_2.mis:
no errors

Campaign ignores:
:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\data\Campaigns\Campaign\PatrolObjectives\T G7pt1_2\TG7pt1_2.mis:
no ignores

Saved campaign errors:
not coded thus not checked

Saved campaign ignores:
not coded thus not checked
embraceentropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-20, 11:41 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Some of those issues (though by no stretch "all") are from the TMO / RSRDC combination. The RSRDC does not use some of those vessels at all, and they are basically "dead-ends", if you will. Once you have RSRDC on top of TMO, you might also run out of memory to run the Museum, and would have to use something like LAA or the NTCore 4GB Patch, to open up more RAM for SH4's use. However, lurker never did attempt to have the Museum run correctly in RSRDC, and it still might not make it through for you. Another thing about the SH4 game, is that each of the Main Menu choices are a different "mode" of the game, and after running one, you have to exit the game, and then re-start it, for it to allow windows to re-set its memory buffers. So if you did a Single Mission, going into the Museum will oftentimes result in a crash. The same with going from a Career run to a Quick War Patrol, or any other area of the game. The Museum loads up every asset not listed in the Museum.cfg file, and can eat oodles of RAM on you, and will sometimes not load again when you attempt a 2nd run, without exiting and then re-starting the game also. This does compound the time needed to "test" things.

As for the cfg (and eqp & sns) files, you can ignore the Land and Ordnance folders, but you do have "410 Rockin Robbins EZ PLot V2.0", which alters the cfg files, on top of CapnScurvy's OTC, and the EZ Plot mod does overwrite both it and RSRDC. I do not remember if RR made a version of that compatible with RSRDC, but if you remove that mod, you should see the number of missing cfg files drop considerably... RSRDC also alters the cfg files, sometimes changing the names of files inside the individual Sea folders, and the naming convention used might also be contributing to the issue. I do not have an RSRDC close at hand to check that, and for the life of me, I cannot remember what all lurker did for his mod...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-20, 12:03 PM   #3
embraceentropy
Seaman

I thought I had applied the 4GB patch, but I hadn't. After applying the 4GB patch I can enter the museum.

Regarding the other comments I see where EZ Plot adds some of these folders with just the .dds file. I sampled a few of these entries and found the same result with no trace in any of those mods except the EZ plot dds files.

Are you saying I should re-arrange my mod list to have RSRDC launch prior to TMO?
Old 12-12-20, 12:29 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

No. Don't do that... I apparently have a different version of RR's EZ Plot... disregard that. What you have apparently just adds back in some of the graphic elements on the NavMap. I did just notice though, that you do have the TMO version of OTC. You need to use the TMO / RSRDC version. See CapnScurvy's Optical Targeting Correction revised March, 2012 thread. I'm not certain if there is anything newer than that...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-20, 12:47 PM   #5
embraceentropy
Seaman

Looking at the referenced thread I see a version of OTC for TMO and another for RSRDC, but not one for both.

Should I activate both OTC mods?
Old 12-12-20, 01:04 PM   #6
embraceentropy
Seaman

Looking deep in that thread it's mentioned the most recent RSRDC version of OTC is what I should run, so I'm working to change it now. Is this correct?

Edit: The new title screen confirmed it was for TMO & RSRDC.

Thank you!!!