SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-21-17, 06:25 AM   #61
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

So for those that went on it, is there somewhere onboard that seems more likely to cause an accidental death? Is there like a long drop coming down from the bridge if you lose handhold on the railing or something?

Even then his reactions don't make sense. It seems more plausible that whatever happened was something where he believed he would be found negligent in her death.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 06:59 AM   #62
Vannevar
Seaman

Location: Deepest, darkest Wales. (Thats the place, not the biological!)
Downloads: 191

The BBC are also covering the story , but fairly briefly.
Old 08-21-17, 08:19 AM   #63
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
You are right.

Someone will say he panicked, and acted irrationally. I suppose that is possible, and I would love to give him the benefit of the doubt. But an "accident" is so far fetched and hard to believe now. Peter has used up all the trust he is allowed. It is more likely he is telling the police there was an accident to cover up a crime. We may never know why or how he killed her, but as you said, an innocent person would not ditch a woman's body into the bay when they were only miles away from shore, and then sink their one of a kind submarine and tell the police he let her off at an island.
I agree with you. There may have been an accident. She could have fallen from the tower, and then he panicked seeing her dead. Or another scenario, where she may have died accidently. By even then, there is no excuse as not to call for help on the radio and get the police out on the water. That he buried her at sea and scuttled the boat made his case extremely bad. Basically, he screwed up the situation somehow.

I hope that they will find the body of KW, so it may reveal some truth to this story. But Køge Bugt, Øresund and the Baltic Sea is a big place to look for a dead body, when you don't know where to look since the water could have brought her far away. A sad story.....

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano

Last edited by Sailor Steve; 08-22-17 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Inappropriate language
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 11:41 AM   #64
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

This took a really odd turn.
Old 08-21-17, 12:21 PM   #65
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

A civilian have found dead woman Near Amager. the Police has locked down the area and can not yet say if it is the missing Swedish Journalist.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 12:57 PM   #66
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
A civilian have found dead woman Near Amager. the Police has locked down the area and can not yet say if it is the missing Swedish Journalist.

Markus
Just to add a link to an article about it.
http://www.bt.dk/krimi/lige-nu-kvind...ade-paa-amager

Let's see, if it's her... It will certainly make some sort of closure here and now for the family and relative of KW. And it can provide some fact about the events that infamous night.

taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Old 08-21-17, 01:35 PM   #67
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

http://www.bt.dk/krimi/kvinde-lig-fu...sebriefing-her

The story about that female body just got more grotesque. It seems that it's only the torso, meaning the body has no head, arms and legs. The police cannot comment whether it's KW or another woman yet...

I really don't know if I hope it's KW or another victim. If it's KW, then there are just no excuse for PM. Really, none whatsoever.....

Old 08-21-17, 01:46 PM   #68
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

What the.....
Old 08-21-17, 01:56 PM   #69
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Before we drag him out of his hideout and hang him in the nearest tree I say-lets wait for the police and the "Quincy(*)" rapport.

* Was just sitting here and couldn't find the word I needed, Not even in Danish or Swedish, ´cause I could have used translate if I could. I knew that this Jack Klugman played such a role.

Markus
Old 08-21-17, 02:10 PM   #70
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

None of it looks terrible good.
Old 08-21-17, 02:36 PM   #71
rogorogo
Watch

Downloads: 0
Default may I.....

remind this community that... if... things turn out to be ugly.... very ugly....
this then would be the second time a very respected/active/or just actively respected member of this community suddenly turns out to be involved into something extremely... out of order in RL...

No obvious line about submarines and what they can do to you... because.. this is just very very very bad....
Old 08-21-17, 03:11 PM   #72
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Forgot to tell you that I have taken a Neutral standpoint.
To be honest I had hope and still have that he is somehow innocent of having killed her in cold blood. Something have happened on board, but what ? This is what our police are here for, to find out what have happened those dramatic hours on Peters Sub that evening and night or try to find out.

For me it was a great thing to meet this person, who was about to realise a dream, which I had dreamed of since my childhood and a couple years in my youth-Being an astronaut, for some minutes.

And he had a home build sub this didn't make the meeting less interesting at all.

Markus
Old 08-21-17, 03:40 PM   #73
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
So for those that went on it, is there somewhere onboard that seems more likely to cause an accidental death? Is there like a long drop coming down from the bridge if you lose handhold on the railing or something?

Even then his reactions don't make sense. It seems more plausible that whatever happened was something where he believed he would be found negligent in her death.
I did not go on the vessel, but having spent many years in EMS, I can attest there are many ways to die or be injured that you cannot imagine without serious inebriation.

I have used the Jaws of Life on a Lazy Boy recliner.

One of the case studies we had to do in school was for a lady who was on an exercise bike and the seat broke, with the post impaling her quite deeply.

Simple incidents or mundane things can be become life threatening when applied in the right way.

That said, the rest of the story is bizarre. You only bury at sea if there is no chance of returning the body to shore for a proper burial.

If it truly was an accident, then all you have to do is radio for help and there might be an investigation, but accidents usually get cleared. A slap on the wrist for negligence is nothing compared to a murder sentence.

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 04:04 PM   #74
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

This is the Danish law about crime:
https://www.retsinformation.dk/Forms...aspx?id=192080

§ 139. Den, som krænker gravfreden eller gør sig skyldig i usømmelig behandling af lig, straffes med bøde eller fængsel indtil 6 måneder.

Basically, when the body is found, and if the police cannot prove that it was intensional (murder) or prove that she died because of an unintended behaviour (manslaughter), then he can - to my knowledge - only be accused of misshandling a dead body in a bad manner, for which the penalty will be a maximum of 6 months in jail.
Burying her body at sea, which clearly was unnecessary due to the short distance to land, he probably faces at least the 6 months.
Now, the coming days of investigation from the police will then hopefully tell us more about the truth: what really happend.

IF the body found today, which only is a torso, proves to be KW, then that fact and the fact that Nautilus went down doesn't make it look good for PM.

This article:
https://www.information.dk/telegram/...mager?lst_frnt
tells us that this body has been in the water for several days, so we'll have to wait several days too for the optopsy, where they investigate DNA and whatever they search for.

Well, to be continued...

Old 08-21-17, 04:40 PM   #75
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Before we drag him out of his hideout and hang him in the nearest tree I say-lets wait for the police and the "Quincy(*)" rapport.

* Was just sitting here and couldn't find the word I needed, Not even in Danish or Swedish, ´cause I could have used translate if I could. I knew that this Jack Klugman played such a role.

Markus
The English word is "pathology", specifically "forensic pathology". Pathology is the study of diseases, and Forensic Pathology is the study of the cause of a death. The word for Quincy's job is "Coroner", which is a Forensic Pathologist employed by the police for just such a job.

Tags
madsen, murder, nautilus, wall