Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 04-29-10, 07:38 PM   #16
peashooter1
Swabbie

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Hello peashooter1,
What is your OS? Because I've learned if you have Vista or Windows 7 you
need to have administrator rights to install the Project ZeeWolf stuff, so I
was wondering if you need admin rights for the stock install too?

PS: Welcome aboard peashooter1

ZeeWolf
Greetings ZeeWolf
I'm running Vista, but I'm sure it wasn't an admin problem since I couldn't get past the game key entry, so the install never really started. I kept getting an error message that the code was invalid, no matter what I did in changing look alike numbers and letters. I did not mean to start anything and really was only saying what the tech at GoGamer had told me concerning some units having incorrect game keys. I don't discount it since I had the same problem with Brother in Arms Earned in Blood. I just figured I would ask if there was a workaround to save some time on waiting for an exchange. The guys/gals at GoGamer were real cool about it as they offered me a refund or exchange, I opted for an exchange since I figured whats the odd's of having the same problem twice. I am looking forward for my exchange copy of TvsT to get here and also to your excellent work ZeeWolf.
Cheers
peashooter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 07:49 PM   #17
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Thanks peashooter1, I'm sure you'll have better luck with the replacement.

Keeping up with the good work - Cheers!

ZeeWolf
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 08:13 PM   #18
peashooter1
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by morttheslayer View Post
Peashooter you are young to me

Hope you get a good copy of TvsT, didn't mean to castigate you for daring to criticise, however it seems you are not the person Frinic believed you were. We are all entitled to an opinion anyway, and I hope you like Karkov Steel Fury; I thought it was a very enjoyable game - part sim part (v slightly) arcady but near enough authentic as to be believeable and immersive. Took me a bit of training to get all the views/controls sorted.
All the Best - Mort
PS I see you're a bilge rat - I always wanted to be a bilge rat
Hi Mort,
No offense was taken. Here I thought my handle was pretty unique, maybe I better change it so as to avoid further confussion. I sent my copy of TvsT back to GoGamer for an exchange and should hopefully have my new copy next week. I'm just getting reaquainted with tank simulators, the last ones I had were Panzer Commander, M1TP2, T-72 and i44 (yes it's been awhile), I have since mostly been playing flight/sub sims. I avoided TvsT since Lighthouse went bankrupt and I figured it was dead in the water as far as support went, especially after reading the early reports on the defunct Lighthouse forums. I only recently found out about what ZeeWolf was doing with TvsT. Somehow Steel Fury slipped right under my nose. I think both games will give me a nice WW2 armour fix since Steel Fury is 1942 tank warfare on the eastern front and TvsT is 1943 onwards, I can see both being on my HD for a long time to come.
Cheers
Old 04-30-10, 02:35 AM   #19
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default Apology!

Peashooter 1 my sincere apology if I castigated you.My intention was not to make you feel unwelcome( even though that's probably how you felt) but after reading those rather unfriendly comments made by your homonym on the Graviteam Steel Fury forum I thought it was a good opportunity to clear the air. That being said, it's rather eerie and unfortunate that you happen to have exactly the same nickname used by the person whose comments I quoted in my post. As ZeeWolf's faithful members we tend to be perhaps a tad overprotective of him at times....

Errare Humanum est and Mea culpa , mea maxima culpa....

Re Tvst and Steel Fury I also play both and appreciate both for their respective qualities. ZeeWolf has done wonders to TvsT and I sincerely hope - that unlike your homonym - you'll feel inclined to join his membership and and enjoy the tremendous work he has done.Unlike Steel Fury which has a very strong and active community of modders and is still supported by the game creators, TvsT is an orphan that can only count and rely on ZeeWolf's one-man crusade to come back to life and offer new mods missions and models. His efforts are not free but are well worth the money.

The comment about your copy being a pirate was not meant as a cheap shot but I have heard of people with pirated copies of games pretending to have the real thing and trying to lure or coax people on game fora into giving them their codes or passwords playing on their sympathy.

These days unfortunately you've got to be careful.

Best of luck with your GoGamer.

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-10, 02:04 PM   #20
peashooter1
Swabbie

Hi Frinik,
No apology needed, it's water under the bridge and I can understand your initial reaction. Considering the state TvsT was released in whatever company is still collecting money of this game should probably be kissing ZeeWolfs arse, if it were not for him I don't think anyone would still be buying TvsT today.
Honestly I was very hesitant to ask about a workaround for my problem at first. But I had read an earlier post here where someone asked for help with what appeared to be the same problem I had. It appeared this person got help, but maybe I just read something into that post that wasn't there. In all honesty I really owe you guys an apology for even asking. I let my impatience of seeing and wanting ZeeWolfs work for TvsT get the better of me, even when I should have know better and just waited for my exchange. Even at almost 50 sometimes I can be more like a 10 year old when it comes to waiting
Cheers
Old 04-30-10, 02:15 PM   #21
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

Hiya Peashooter,welcome to the forum
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-10, 10:57 PM   #22
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default thanks

Peashooter1, thanks for the forgiveness and in the future I'll try to be less heavy handed

BTW I am 53 and no wailing baby myself

Once your coding issue has been hopefully solved I/we'll be aorund to help with your TvsT if you have problems.

Cheers and welcome
Old 05-01-10, 09:18 AM   #23
peashooter1
Swabbie

Thanks guys for the welcome and the offer of assistance I'll definately will be back once I get my new copy of TvsT to pick some brains, got lots of catching up to do .
Cheers
Old 05-02-10, 12:12 AM   #24
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Willkomen

LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT PEASHOOTER1! btw why don´t you switch to Peashooter 1A or PS 2 just not to be confused with the other Peashooter1?

Cheers
Old 05-25-10, 10:12 AM   #25
peashooter1
Swabbie

Just wanted to touch base, work has been crazy the last several weeks and this has been the first real break I have had in awhile My exchange copy of T vs T arrived a couple weeks ago and I installed it today without a hitch. Apparently the first copy must have had a bad activation code. With this copy the activation code was MUCH, MUCH easier to read, didn't even need my magnifying glass. Unfortunately it will be a couple more weeks before I can get ZeeWolfs mods as work will be crazy for a little bit longer. Nothing kills me more then having a sim I want to play but don't have time for. So I be seeing you guys shortly to find out what I need to do

Hi frinik,
Sorry I didn't see your last post to me till today. Actually I did look to change my handle several weeks ago but just couldn't seem to be able to find that option in my personal profile at subsim, where should I be looking?
Cheers
Old 05-25-10, 11:36 PM   #26
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Handle with care....

Hi Peashooter welcome back and glad that you had that coding error sorted out!

Re changing your handle. I would suggest contacting Sledgehammer 427 one of the forum moderators.He might be able to tell you how to do or perhaps it has to be done through the forum 's administration????.You can PM him.I frankly have no idea....I'll check mine to see if there's any special way of doing it.

Went into my profile.There's an option called edit settings and edit details but while you can change pretty much everything apparently you can't change your handle!!!My suspicion is that you may have to register again with another handle this time. Or contact the administration.

Cheers
Old 05-26-10, 10:10 AM   #27
KnightsCross
Bosun

G'Day peashooter1
Welcome I'm fairly new to the forum and pc gaming as well the guys here are great, they have helped me to get a runnable game out of my pc, even though it should hardly run it I can now play most missions in all 3 positions

PS Tip
When i got my copy of TvsT I could not read the key code even with my glasses and a magnifying glass so I took a picture of it with my digital camera and woolah !! I could see it fine and I saved the image for later ref.

I have Steel Fury 1942 also but don't have specs to run it but the guys have given me some great advice on my thread "G'Day from an old Tanker" so now I know what to upgrade to get it running.

Good luck Mate
Darren
KnightsCross
Old 05-26-10, 10:21 AM   #28
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SF vs TvsT

It's odd KC because I had the same problem when I installed both games on my wife's laptop(Nvidia ge 7000 with 256 mb dedicated).While tvst would run fairly well SF was terrible, sluggish and all.On the other hand on a more powerful laptop( an ATI 3850 with 512 mb dedicated and up to 1368 mbs shared memory) TvsT runs well but slow with ZW;'s mods while SF runs perfectly. My reckoning is that while TvsT does not mind a 2 nd rate graphic card but hates a slow processor SF on the other hand is less sensitive to a slow processor but requires more graphic memory to run well.|Conclusion, if you want to play both games with optimum conditions you need both a fast processor and a high end graphic card.

Cheers