Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 10-07-08, 11:04 AM   #1
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs Tiger goes gold

13:00 (BST), 07/10/2008

WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs Tiger

Press Release PROVIDED BY GAMES PRESS
– Today leading video game publisher Lighthouse Interactive and developer G5 Software proudly announced that WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger (PC), their interactive and exhilarating multiplayer tank simulation game, has achieved Gold Master status. Following in the footsteps of their massively successful Ship Simulator series, Lighthouse is confident that WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger will impress simulation fans with yet another high quality and genre-defining simulation game.

"The team at Lighthouse strives to provide fresh content for different segments within the gaming community," said Erik Schreuder, President of Lighthouse Interactive. "Partnering with G5 Software to bring T-34 vs. Tiger to market has given us the opportunity to offer a stimulating new experience that invigorates the simulation genre. The multiplayer component will further compliment the game's realism and bring a whole new level of gameplay to the forefront."

Players will experience the power of some of the most advanced tank weaponry of its time, as they battle the enemy head on during critical World War 2 campaigns. Its historically accurate representations of environments and vehicles (interiors and exteriors), realistic physics, and Internet and LAN multiplayer gameplay for up to sixteen players, promises to engage simulation fans in true-to-life tank warfare.

WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger for Windows® will begin storming retail shelves across Europe and digital download sites, including: GamersGate.com and TotalGaming.net beginning October 24, 2008.
Accompanying this press release are six never-seen-before screenshots. Download them at: www.lighthouse-interactive.com.

Lighthouse Interactive is part of SilverBirch Inc.'s (SVB:TSXV) video game division.

WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger takes place in Belarus during the summer of 1944, in which the Soviet Union launched 'Operation Bagration', the Belarusian offensive, against the retreating German Wehrmacht. After Kursk, this was the most significant struggle of the two tank armies that resulted in the complete destruction of the German Army Group Centre and the Soviet recapture of all territories within their 1941 borders.

Experience the battlefield from within the Russian T-34 and the German 'Tiger' tanks, with fully animated 3D interiors and playable Driver, Gunner, and Commander positions. The tanks' dynamics include: realistic physics, accurate ballistics, and elaborate damage models. Interior models feature historically accurate gun-sight optics.

The vast Belarusian landscape of the early 20th century – with its rolling hills, villages, and large forests – was carefully recreated from historical reference photos and maps. The rich battlefield environment features AI controlled Russian and German tanks, infantry, armoured-personnel carriers, anti-tank guns, and airplanes.

Stunning special effects such as: explosions, fires, and smoke, and the ability to completely destroy vehicles and buildings, all combine to create a lifelike combat environment. The action can be viewed from various camera angles in first or third person.

WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger includes two single-player campaigns and two multiplayer modes (skirmish and team-play) for LAN and Internet play for up to 16 players.

• German and Russian Campaign missions are based on 'Operation Bagration', the codename for the Soviet Belarusian Offensive during World War II
• Playable Tanks: The Russian T-34/85 and the German Sd.Kfz. 181 'Tiger' Ausf. E.
• Control your tank from fully modelled and animated 3D positions (driver, gunner, and commander)
• The Napalm Engine's 3D technology allows for impressive effects, such as: dynamic shadows, glow, and bloom, self shading, bump mapping, and specular maps
• Stunning realistic graphics and vast landscapes to explore
• Interactive environment with various levels of destruction – buildings, trees, and vehicles can be damaged or destroyed by cannon, MG fire or ramming attacks
• AI Controlled Vehicles: T-34/85, T-34/76, Tiger, Sk.Kfz.251, M3A1,ZIS-5, Opel Blitz, ZIS-3, Pak. 40, IL-2, FW-190
• Multiplayer LAN and Internet for up to 16 players with Skirmish and TeamPlay modes
• GameSpy® Arcade ready for online multi-player sessions and uses DirectPlay™ technology for direct IP multiplayer connections via LAN and Internet
• TrackIR™ support immerses the player in hands-free first person views for all available crew positions.
For more information on 'WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs Tiger' and to keep up with the latest breaking news, visit www.lighthouse-interactive.com.

Windows® 2000 / XP / Vista™
2,4 GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or equivalent AMD® Athlon™ processor
1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended for Windows® Vista™)
DirectX® 9.0c compliant video card with 128 MB RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6600 or better/ATI® Radeon 9600 or better)
4x
2 GB
DirectX® 9.0 compatible sound card
LAN or 56 Kbps Internet connection or faster
Keyboard, Speakers and Mouse

About IDDK
IDDK Group is an independent Russian publishing house, incorporating multimedia and games publishing, manufacturing, distribution and retail networks. The Games Department of IDDK had been created four years ago and "T-72: Balkans on Fire!", became its first international release. IDDK works in collaboration with dozens of Russian and Ukrainian game development studios, focusing on realistic battle sims, innovative action games and games for kids based on original stories and characters. For more information about IDDK, please visit: http://www.iddk.ru/en and http://games.iddk.ru

About G5
G5 Software is one of the leading Russian PC games developers producing world-class games for the international market. PC titles developed by G5 including "Whirlwind over Vietnam", "The Cuban Missile Crisis" are distributed all over the world by the leading international and Russian publishers. G5 Software along with G5 Mobile company is a part of the Swedish holding G5 Entertainment AB. Official site: www.g5e.com.
About SilverBirch Inc.

Old 10-07-08, 12:57 PM   #2
Konovalov
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Fantastic news. Now are there any reviews up yet for it I wonder. :hmm:

This could be my first tank sim purchase since M1 Tank Platoon 2 all those years ago.
"In a Christian context, sexuality is traditionally seen as a consequence of the Fall, but for Muslims, it is an anticipation of paradise. So I can say, I think, that I was validly converted to Islam by a teenage French Jewish nudist." Sheikh Abdul-Hakim Murad (Timothy Winter)
Konovalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-08, 06:02 PM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Let'S see what it has turned into over the past 18 months. I am hopeful, but not blindly enthusiastic. Whirlwind over Vietnam and T72 I would not consider to be the best of recommendations, according to the public impression they have left. That must not mean that the team's approaches to game design have not improved drastically. If the specs given can hold in the light of these nice-looking screenshots, remains to be seen.

Starforce probably has become so unpopular that they will not use it, but I wonder what it will be, then. Securom? Any info on that, Neal?
Old 10-07-08, 07:36 PM   #4
Schultzy
Commander

Downloads: 48

I've been waiting for this beauty with baited breath but watching the release date slip slowly back and back. It's great to hear some positive news finally.
A ww2 armour sim on todays pcs.... *drool*

I guess I can throw Panzer Commander away finally.

Can't wait!
Schultzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 04:46 AM   #5
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

I think that this release and also Steel Fury are only going to be available as boxed products in Europe at present, although there are to be download versions which should be purchasable stateside.
Old 10-11-08, 11:40 AM   #6
Sgt Hotcliff
Naval Tank
Commander

Downloads: 0
Tiger vs T34

Schultzy,

"I've been waiting for this beauty with baited breath but watching the release date slip slowly back and back. It's great to hear some positive news finally.
A ww2 armour sim on todays pcs.... *drool* "

Me too..I am very interested in the Eastern front battles, and especially Finland's heroic battles against Russia..having met a finnish woman and joined wth her, history makes way through our relation

I would love to see this sim emerge as good as I believe Steel Beasts Pro will be..(no delivery yet)

"hakka päälle pohjan pojka!"..(go for it eastern (finland) boys!) that is.."kill the russians!

target in sight..FEUER!

Sgt Hotcliff

'Just a cool Swedish"Strv122"
http://www.kamratoff.se/images/Strv%20122%20sand.jpg

"A warrior accepts defeat
He does not treat it as a matter of indifference, nor does he try to make a victory of it” (P.Coehlo)

Sgt Hotcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-08, 03:46 AM   #7
MDykas
Swabbie

Keep your fingers crossed, Whirlwind over Vietnam was a dud........Hope this one does not suffer the same fate.
MDykas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-08, 05:13 AM   #8
Sgt Hotcliff
Naval Tank
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultzy
I guess I can throw Panzer Commander away finally.
No, don't throw Panzer Commander yet! it takes a lot to beat that sim

Sgt Hotcliff

'Just a cool Swedish"Strv122"
http://www.kamratoff.se/images/Strv%20122%20sand.jpg

"A warrior accepts defeat
He does not treat it as a matter of indifference, nor does he try to make a victory of it” (P.Coehlo)

Sgt Hotcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-08, 02:21 PM   #9
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Great news, gona see how the reviews look before I buy it though.
Old 10-14-08, 09:00 AM   #10
Konovalov
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Speaking of reviews are there any out yet on this sim?
"In a Christian context, sexuality is traditionally seen as a consequence of the Fall, but for Muslims, it is an anticipation of paradise. So I can say, I think, that I was validly converted to Islam by a teenage French Jewish nudist." Sheikh Abdul-Hakim Murad (Timothy Winter)
Konovalov is offline   Reply With Quote