SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-27-20, 03:47 AM   #1
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260
Uploads: 0
Default How to install Dive at Dawn?

I did a fresh install of SH4, I downloaded JSGME and put it in the SH4 Sim.
I downloaded Dive at Dawn and put that in the Mods folder, added it using the JSGME, started SH4 but no sign of it in the menu, so do I install it using the JSGME or is there another way?

Also tried to add another sub but that too was a no show.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 09:19 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

1. Well, where do you have Silent Hunter 4 installed? What is the "path" to the SH4.exe file?

2. Which version of the game do you have? In the Silent Hunter 4 folder, right-click on the SH4.exe file, which will display a pop-up menu (aka: "Context menu"). On that little pop-up, choose the "Properties" choice at the bottom of the menu list. From that "Properties" page that displays, click on the "Details" tab is a section in the middle that shows "Product Version: ___" For WDAD, you need to have version 1.5

You can upgrade to v1.4 with the patch available on SubSim here
Official v1.4 patch

To get v1.5 however, you do need to spend more money, and either get it from Amazon or Ubisoft, if you can find it. You cannot use the Steam version of it on anything other than a Steam version of the "base" game from them, which is v1.3... so sad, but true. You might be able to find a "Gold Edition", if you do need v1.5 easier than you can find the Uboat Missions Addon...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 10:17 AM   #3
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Hi, sorry to be a pain AGAIN lol.

I have SH4 on my D drive and I also have version 1.5
Years ago I must have bought the upgrade as I had it on a disk, I installed it after I installed SH4.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Old 03-27-20, 12:26 PM   #4
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Have a look for anything wrong with the folders in Dive at Dawn, there could be a double folder in there, Dive at Dawn\Dive at Dawn\Data instead of Dive at Dawn\Data. There probably isn't, but you never know.
Old 03-27-20, 01:21 PM   #5
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Above it says I should have DAD ver 1.5
I just noticed I have ver 1.7 plus an update for 1.7.

Is that why it isn't working?

Col.

Silent and Violent
Old 03-28-20, 05:53 AM   #6
Col7777
Grey Wolf

OK, I tried again, for some unknown reason it installed.
I went on the training just to get used to the sub, on the T Class when I went to periscope depth it crashed to desktop when I reached the depth.

I tired the U Class and that worked OK, I've not been an any other scenarios yet.

I noticed too the lights from the light house were bright squares as well, so I think it hasn't installed properly, any ideas please?

Col.

Silent and Violent
Old 03-28-20, 08:29 AM   #7
propbeanie

Do you happen to know your display's "Native" resolution? In some versions of Windows, if you look at your "Screen resolution" applet, the "Resolution" drop-down box will show a "(recommended)" listing, which is what Windows is "seeing" as the "Native" resolution, as supplied via comm with the device, so be sure you are set correctly in Windows with that. Then, if using full-screen in SH4, on the Graphic Settings of the Options menu, be sure you have the game set to the same resolution. If you are using the "Windowed" setting, it's more difficult to get things correct, but it does have to be a resolution smaller than what the display is. Also, have you emptied the "Save" folder, which is usually "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4"? "UserName" is what ever you use to log-in to Windows with. "Documents" might be "My Documents", or some other designation, Windows version dependent... Be sure and consult some of the later posts in Rubini's Nvidia tweaks to SH3/SH4 and other similar posts, especially Fifi's, if you can read his screen grabs (French).

Old 03-28-20, 11:06 AM   #8
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Thanks for that, my SH4 Screen res was miles out, my PC screen res is 1920x1080, after I adjusted the sim it was a lot better, things were a bit smaller though lol.

I still have the external camera not really behaving, when I select to to follow the sub it is at an angle plus high up, I can adjust it but it seems it is off center plus it is high up, is that normal after installing the WDAD mod?

Also the sim crashes when I select periscope depth still as well, it runs OK till I do that.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Old 03-28-20, 03:16 PM   #9
propbeanie

You order PD, and it crashes when getting to there? You don't have to look outside for it to crash? The game allows radio messages to come in after about PD, so I wonder about that... ?? - When you start a new career and travel on the surface to go on patrol, all is well? You dive to PD and you are OK, and only have trouble when coming back to PD after a deeper dive? Do you only have trouble in the one submarine, but not the other? s7rikeback might know a bit more than me about this ( might... ). We'll see if we can catch his attention, though he has been a busy man of late...