SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-02-10, 04:12 PM   #286
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejacket View Post
Thank you GWX team for all your hard wok and time on SH3. SH5 is such a poor product right now IMHO that it is nice that my SH3 mod'ed game with GWX is still on my hard drive.

It is a shame that SH4 did get your attention. It would have benefited from all of the GWX teams talents!

Thank you again for a great mod!!!

Salute!
Danke Kaleun

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-10, 08:57 PM   #287
Legionary74
Ensign

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

---

Last edited by Legionary74; 06-16-15 at 05:30 AM.
Legionary74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-10, 12:11 AM   #288
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionary74 View Post
This means the GWs wont be making mods anymore?

God damn...

If there anything I can do, mates...
The GWX team broke up more than a year ago. Individual members still make mods.

Please tone the language down, this is a family-friendly forum.
Old 10-03-10, 01:02 AM   #289
Legionary74
Ensign

Downloads: 5

---

Last edited by Legionary74; 06-16-15 at 05:30 AM.
Legionary74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-10, 09:49 PM   #290
Pablo
Commodore

Downloads: 165

Quote:
Didnt see the date

Not to threadjack, but damn isnt a curse :P
Hi!

Actually, whether it is a curse or not doesn't really matter. Neal has asked the moderators (including me) to "rigidly and assertively" enforce the forum guidelines. You can read the language guideline here, but the money quote is:
"Please use language that you would use around your mother. No vulgarities, obscenities, hate speech, or foul language. Do not use *******ing w*rds with aster*cks, that's the same thing as vulgar languge. Express yourself with respect to others.
Now, I don't know what kind of language you used around your mother, so I enforce the guidelines based on the language I would have forum members you use around my mother.

In this case, I think we would all do well to heed Sailor Steve's caution.

Thanks!

Pablo

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt, speech before the Hamilton Club, Chicago, April 10, 1899
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-10, 09:27 AM   #291
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Yep.
I just posted an attempt at fixing the 'Bottoming' issue with SH5.
So we do still Mod from time to time.
Old 10-05-10, 12:51 PM   #292
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Didnt see the date

No, but the word combination is an insult to people who believe in God. And it's unnecessary. And there are underage children who read these forums. It's not about rules, it's about respect.

[edit] Actually it ocurred to me to check, and atually "damn" is a curse. The dictionary definition of curse is "the expression of a wish that misfortune, evil, doom, etc., befall a person, group, etc.", and "God damn" is specifically a request or wish that God would condemn someone to hell. Is that how you feel?
Old 10-05-10, 03:32 PM   #293
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Quote:
No, but the word combination is an insult to people who believe in God. And it's unnecessary. And there are underage children who read these forums. It's not about rules, it's about respect.

[edit] Actually it ocurred to me to check, and atually "damn" is a curse. The dictionary definition of curse is "the expression of a wish that misfortune, evil, doom, etc., befall a person, group, etc.", and "God damn" is specifically a request or wish that God would condemn someone to hell. Is that how you feel?
With that definition you could make anything a curse not defending him, just saying

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.

Last edited by Schwieger; 10-05-10 at 04:21 PM.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-10, 03:12 AM   #294
Packerton
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 6

Can't believe I never chimed into this topic, I have not been on subsim for a long time, at any case, it was sad when the journey had to end last year, I was glad to be a part of the last SH 3 release, lots of time and hard work was spent testing it.

GWX crew member.
Come Hell or High water, we get it done!
Packerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-10, 09:32 AM   #295
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default Live and Kicking

I think The Grey Wolf Crew is still alive and kicking but taking a breather. I still see The Grey Wolf Crew Sig's on new forum posts all over the place. If the crew was truely disbanded why is the crew still flying colors? "Because they are "still" part of the crew."

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-10, 12:45 PM   #296
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
I think The Grey Wolf Crew is still alive and kicking but taking a breather. I still see The Grey Wolf Crew Sig's on new forum posts all over the place. If the crew was truely disbanded why is the crew still flying colors? "Because they are "still" part of the crew."
Hitman still sports his "Pacific Aces" avatar, which was a team that made a Pacific mod for SH2. Do you think they are still together?

Sorry, The Grey Wolves are indeed disbanded. Some of them still mod, alone or with others. Some of them haven't been heard from, even by other GWs, for a year or more. The ones who are still around "fly the colors" because they are proud of what they were and what they did.

Your wishful thinking won't make it so.
Old 12-22-10, 01:42 PM   #297
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Hitman still sports his "Pacific Aces" avatar, which was a team that made a Pacific mod for SH2. Do you think they are still together?

Sorry, The Grey Wolves are indeed disbanded. Some of them still mod, alone or with others. Some of them haven't been heard from, even by other GWs, for a year or more. The ones who are still around "fly the colors" because they are proud of what they were and what they did.

Your wishful thinking won't make it so.
Bad day, Steve?

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-10, 03:15 PM   #298
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Quote:

Please tone the language down, this is a family-friendly forum.
Quote:
Didnt see the date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Hi!

Actually, whether it is a curse or not doesn't really matter. Neal has asked the moderators (including me) to "rigidly and assertively" enforce the forum guidelines. You can read the language guideline here, but the money quote is:
"Please use language that you would use around your mother. No vulgarities, obscenities, hate speech, or foul language. Do not use *******ing w*rds with aster*cks, that's the same thing as vulgar languge. Express yourself with respect to others.
Now, I don't know what kind of language you used around your mother, so I enforce the guidelines based on the language I would have forum members you use around my mother.

In this case, I think we would all do well to heed Sailor Steve's caution.

Thanks!

Pablo
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwieger View Post
With that definition you could make anything a curse not defending him, just saying
HEY!!! Why don't you guys take the bible beating and thumping to A PM.. And let us discuss GWX.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-10, 03:49 PM   #299
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Hitman still sports his "Pacific Aces" avatar, which was a team that made a Pacific mod for SH2.Do you think they are still together?
The funny part about my avatar is that I never even requested it ; One day in 2004 after the Pacific Aces release I woke up and there it was, along with my new moderator condition. So that's what you get for modding till your eyes bleed in Subsim.com, an avatar you did not choose and a 24-7-365 shift doing the dirty job here!!
Old 12-22-10, 11:53 PM   #300
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
Bad day, Steve?
Not at all. The post I responded to seemed to indicate a belief that it was all a hoax and the GWX team was still together and doing things in secret. I just wanted to disabuse him of that incorrect notion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL
HEY!!! Why don't you guys take the bible beating and thumping to A PM.. And let us discuss GWX.
1. I don't believe in the bible, so it's hard for me to "beat" or "thump". I do, however, believe in respect and politeness, and when someone breaks the rules, either of the forum or of common decency, I tend to say something.

2. I've talked about GWX here several times, including this page. You haven't posted or discussed it here in more than a year, so your righteous anger sounds a little hollow.