SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-21-21, 01:44 PM   #121
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

That was just a motion to dismiss the case, on the substance, she can still claim diplomatic immunity since that applies to civil liability as well. Even if that is rejected, her car insurance will pay since this was a car accident.

Sort of surprised her insurance company has not settled with the Dunns, but presumably it is relying on the diplomatic immunity defence as well and wants to see how that plays out.
Old 02-21-21, 01:48 PM   #122
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Insurance my not play into the whole thing as she was out of Country.
Some polices will not cover out of Country accidents.
It'd think she was covered by the USA insurance but if not?
Driving without insurance is an offence also.

Old 02-21-21, 02:02 PM   #123
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
^What a load of bollocks, if the American police force had any concrete evidence that Prince Andrew the pervert had molested any underage girls it would have been presented to the courts and the UK government by now.
As far as I know no one in the UK has ever been convicted by a jury on hearsay and innuendo alone, the UK courts need real hard evidence before they convict so when you have it, then you can have the horrible little currant with my blessing.

Meanwhile that American currant did a runner knowing full well that it was her fault that that young man was killed, and your government are a willing participant in protecting her from the UK justice system.
Personally I would have given your government fair warning that their stance on this is unacceptable and with no regrets at all any and all American bases in the UK will be closed down until they reconsider their decision.

It seems as if your countries extradition system only works when its not an American citizen that's involved, perhaps the UK government need to grow a pair and remind that senile old bastard you've got for a President that you don't crap on the best ally you've ever had...... or ever will have.

I haven't seen evidence of the charges in either case only accusations and political games. Neither is willing to travel to a foreign country and submit themselves to that country's judicial system. Can't say as I blame either one.

Harry was alive when he arrived at hospital. I charge the doctors failure to take action that could have saved his life.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 02:50 PM   #124
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I haven't seen evidence of the charges in either case only accusations and political games. Neither is willing to travel to a foreign country and submit themselves to that country's judicial system. Can't say as I blame either one.

Harry was alive when he arrived at hospital. I charge the doctors failure to take action that could have saved his life.
And if he hadn't been hit by someone driving on the wrong side of the road he wouldn't have been in the hospital at all.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 04:59 PM   #125
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
best ally you've ever had...... or ever will have.
You know you really have to qualify that statement.
One could argue the French were the best.
Old 02-22-21, 05:03 AM   #126
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
You know you really have to qualify that statement.
One could argue the French were the best.
How about asking your president to qualify it instead, and when he's come up with "France", he can go knocking on their door the next time your interfering government has got themselves embroiled in another war.

I'll let my MP know the US citizens would prefer France as an ally in the next conflict they're involved in, just a reminder though, don't use the "Weapons of Mass Destructions" lies again, and last thing, buy the French some back to front uniforms.

I've done with this thread as the world will never get any Justice from your government concerning American citizens.
Old 02-23-21, 12:18 AM   #127
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
How about asking your president to qualify it instead, and when he's come up with "France", he can go knocking on their door the next time your interfering government has got themselves embroiled in another war.

I'll let my MP know the US citizens would prefer France as an ally in the next conflict they're involved in, just a reminder though, don't use the "Weapons of Mass Destructions" lies again, and last thing, buy the French some back to front uniforms.

I've done with this thread as the world will never get any Justice from your government concerning American citizens.
seem like i remember the US bailing the british or britian got us in a war or two out a few times fine let your mp know also far as i'm concern we can stop paying the un and who and all that crap money can be use for better stuff over here I'm sure some of mine ancestors wish some of the folks from europe would have stay away,has far as justice what i have read from many here i doubt she would even get a fair trial most here hadnt even answer or mention that it took them 40 minutes to get to the screen what i have read would he have surivive if they got there sooner really feels like to me another ugly american story that the people over europe loves so much
Old 02-23-21, 10:08 AM   #128
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:

From our nations point of view France is the better ally. They supported our revolution, they didn't burn our capitol and they didn't put war munitions on civilian passenger ships so that the Germans would attack and sink them thereby killing American civilians and drawing us into a foreign war.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-21, 12:50 PM   #129
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Insurance my not play into the whole thing as she was out of Country.
Some polices will not cover out of Country accidents.
It'd think she was covered by the USA insurance but if not?
Driving without insurance is an offence also.
She is covered by USAA which has already appeared in the case. USAA is taking the position that the only damages the family is entitled to is Harry Dunn's funeral expenses, so they are playing hardball. The Family's position is that this is not enough so it looks like this will end with the insurance company and the Dunn family agreeing to a "suitable" amount.

Quote:
Mr McGavin wrote that compensation must be ‘limited to funeral expenses’, adding there was ‘no plausible claim for dependency damages’. Such damages are paid when family members were dependent on the deceased.

The lawyer said the family should not be reimbursed for money Harry would have earned because he did not ‘contribute to household expenses’. Mr McGavin went on: ‘There must be factual allegations to plausibly demonstrate [Mrs Sacoolas’s] conduct was taken with the intent to cause physical harm or psychiatric injury. There are no such allegations in the complaint.

‘Further, there are no factual allegations to demonstrate (Harry’s mother) Charlotte Charles, (father) Tim Dunn or Niall Dunn suffered physical harm or recognisable psychiatric distress.’
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-funeral.html

btw the Biden admin has confirmed again that mrs. Sacoolas will not be extradited.
Old 02-23-21, 01:02 PM   #130
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Its unfortunate this has turned into a political circus. But such is diplomacy and the agreements between sovereign nations. Its also sad the insurance company is playing hardball. But they may simply be following the lead of the British government and Foreign and Commonwealth Office. When they too told 'mum' to pack sand after she tried to sue the F&CO for giving the 'killer' the green light to leave the country. IMO when there's politics involved there's no real justice to be found. I'm glad she's off that island because of politics she would have never received a fair trial.

If the Dunn family can bring her to court here in the U.S. or settle out all the more power to them.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-23-21 at 01:49 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 10:06 PM   #131
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Hey, Don't let foreign women drive in your country. And as far as American Women go, You loved them. Canada just an extension of the Empire and this was a damn good band.

Last edited by Gorpet; 03-04-21 at 11:15 PM.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 11:04 PM   #132
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

By the way what the Hell happened to the Prince who married an American women who was a nobody and became a Princess. ?
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 03:33 PM   #133
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

If you mean that woke Ginger headed currant and his wench Me-again Markle, I believe they're living a private life away from the limelight while slumming it with all the American celebrities who can get them in the newspapers or on the television.

Apart from that info I divulged I don't know anything else, it seems a strange way to live a life of privacy though, prostituting themselves for a few dollars more, I've got two things to say to America, you're welcome to her and don't send the woke currant back here or she'll be public enemy number 1.
Old 03-09-21, 05:31 AM   #134
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The latest chapter.

Quote:
US national Anne Sacoolas, the main suspect in the fatal motorbike accident of 19-year-old Briton Harry Dunn, has said she is willing to do community service and make a “contribution” to his memory.

Ms Sacoolas has “never denied” responsibility for the 2019 crash in Northamptonshire that killed the motorcyclist, said her lawyer Amy Jeffress – but added that her client is not inclined to return to the UK to face trial.

The Dunn family has rejected the idea of community service, insisting Ms Sacoolas faces “justice” in the UK over the charge of causing death by dangerous driving.

“I made that promise to my son on the night he died that I would get him justice. My promise to him still remains. There are no circumstances at all under which I will break that promise,” his mother Charlotte Charles told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...out&li=BBoPWjQ

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 02:06 PM   #135
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

point of view of mrs. Sacoolas's lawyer.

Quote:
Speaking to Joshua Rozenberg, for BBC Radio 4's Law in Action, Ms Jeffress said they had been trying to resolve the case in a way that would not involve Mrs Sacoolas's return to the UK.

Ms Jeffress said: "We understand that community service is a typical sentence for offences like this.

"We have offered ever since over a year ago that she would be willing to serve that kind of a sentence and to make a contribution in Harry's memory, to take other steps to try to bring some peace to the family."

Ms Jeffress said Mrs Sacoolas had driven "instinctively" on the right-hand side of the road after leaving the US military base where her husband had a job covered by diplomatic immunity.

At the time of the crash on 27 August 2019, Mrs Sacoolas had only been in the UK "for a few weeks" and had made "a tragic mistake", said Ms Jeffress.

"She's never denied that this was her fault - that she caused this collision by driving on the wrong side of the road," she said.

She claimed reports Mrs Sacoolas had not called for help were untrue, stating she flagged down a motorist who called the ambulance service while she notified police at the military base.

The lawyer said her client had co-operated fully with police, took a breathalyser test, which produced a zero reading, and surrendered her phone to show she had not been using it.

She remained at the scene until told by the police to leave and was subsequently interviewed by them for several hours, Ms Jeffress said.

The lawyer added: "One aspect of this that has not been reported is that this kind of an accident, had it occurred in the United States, would not be prosecuted criminally.

"In the United States, these cases are only prosecuted where there is evidence of recklessness that rises to the level of close to intent - drunk driving, distracted driving, a hit-and-run situation or excessive speeding.

"But there was none of that here."

She said she understood this was one of the reasons the US was not prepared to waive her client's immunity.

(...)

Ms Jeffress also denied suggestions that Interpol was seeking her client's arrest in the US under a so-called Red Notice.

"There is no Red Notice, and there never was a Red Notice and so Interpol will not be assisting in this matter."
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-56326406