Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 04-12-10, 12:25 PM   #751
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcSummers View Post
Hi to ZW and all members who want to see development!

FPS has much improved. Lowest for short time was 4.7 and highest about 8.9 but mostly with everything on max. between 5.9 and 7.7 mostly above 6.5.

Less tanks are moving. ZW, Katyushas, SU-122 and Artillery undestructable. Gunnies are shooting at them.

Reached first village, then up upon a hill where two T-34s were coming in sight and destroyed. On the left were the Katyushas etc and a house wich was attacked not destroyed but after several hits it was above me like an UFO. So it was with some Tiger tanks on that hill. A Tiger tank which lost both tracks was travelling in that "Tiger anthill" and was thrown away.
Tank is steering to right and NO TIGER STOPS.
Sometimes my tank sinks like in a swamp.

ZW, I made some screenshots for you about 12,5 MB there you can see better what i mean. If you need them i can send them to you.

Hope this will help you, and one thing, your RETICLE is GREAT, same with infantary. Cool.
Its going forward. GO ON WITH THESE IMPROVEMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job.

Thank you

Lima Charlie over and out

The damage model and destroy 3dmodels that are in the default models are
not ready (yet) for the custom models. That is a part of the continuing work.
The objects in the air you see is a PC power issue CPU can not keep up with the physics model.
Did you complete the mission by driving your Tiger through the village?

ZW

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-10, 12:47 PM   #752
indebin
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

ZW
That is what I did, twice, with the same error. It runs ok after the pre-Kursk 275mg file the problem occurs after the Kursk mission 1 file is installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Ok indebin and others with problem

1.) Install the pre-Kursk 275 mg file clear cache and reboot.

2.) Now install the Kursk Mission 1 file

If you do not have the Kursk Mission 1 file it is because you are not a beta tester.

Note: The pre-Kursk file does not have the Kursk Mission in it.

You may have to install the graphics files in your windows\system32 folder
Get them here:

http://www.filefront.com/15181093/Msvcr_Files.zip/

Let me know how it goes

ZW
Old 04-12-10, 01:05 PM   #753
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Zee,

just installed and fired up the game with latest build of your mod, and I'm quite impressed. Since I reduce graphic details I don't have much problems playing, more or less everything goes smooth.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but would it be possible to add a simple "Training Campaign"? Nothing else than a simple mission where one can practice calmly and not under enemy fire moving the tank, switching positions, and gunnery (short, medium and long range). But with no enemy, just targets and a nice terrain to test the tanks
Old 04-12-10, 01:38 PM   #754
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Zee,

just installed and fired up the game with latest build of your mod, and I'm quite impressed. Since I reduce graphic details I don't have much problems playing, more or less everything goes smooth.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but would it be possible to add a simple "Training Campaign"? Nothing else than a simple mission where one can practice calmly and not under enemy fire moving the tank, switching positions, and gunnery (short, medium and long range). But with no enemy, just targets and a nice terrain to test the tanks
Hi Hitman,
That's a great idea Hitman. I know that you asked that before but it was
lost in the shuffle so-to-speak.
I think though now would be the time to roll it in the "must include list".
I will put some printed instruction bill boards in the training mission to help
with keys and other helpful tips so as to aid in the training and that kind of
stuff, it will be a great help for me as well by answering some basic things that
are asked allot.

Thanks Hitman I will have to find the time for this one!

ZW

Old 04-12-10, 03:03 PM   #755
BlueMind
Swabbie

Downloads: 16

Quote:
Hi BlueMind and welcome aboard,

The mouse control is needed for fine target acquisition. The key pad controls are for rapid traverse. The Tigers had a foot pedal for rapid
and a hand crank for fine adjustment. The key controls in T34 vs Tiger
are in need of work no doubt about it. The original game that TvsT
was built on was a helicopter simulator with IR tracking control so
the possibility to fine tune is there in the code to strengthen that
area of the Tank control.

I do agree with you that it is not realistic but I am working to make it
so.

Regards

ZeeWolf
It would be really great if this option can exists (maybe, a checkbox in the option menu so everybody can decide if they want control the turret with the mouse or the keyboard).
This function would be very usefull when you change between the different crew (when you aim at very long range a small correction is sometimes necessary, based on the last shot and I can't do it with the mouse).
BlueMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-10, 03:15 PM   #756
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Cheers, glad to hear it

As every simulations fan knows, the key to enjoying them is to practice until everything becomes a second nature and you can concentrate in what you are doing, instead of concentrating in looking for the key that did this or that. Which is specially difficult when you are being shot at, or see a target moving fast out of sight
Old 04-12-10, 03:38 PM   #757
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMind View Post
It would be really great if this option can exists (maybe, a checkbox in the option menu so everybody can decide if they want control the turret with the mouse or the keyboard).
This function would be very usefull when you change between the different crew (when you aim at very long range a small correction is sometimes necessary, based on the last shot and I can't do it with the mouse).
The mouse sensitivity can be adjusted in the GameSetting.script
at the line:

final static float MouseSensitivity = 0.25;

you will find itin the Scripts folder:

Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger\Scripts

Check it out

ZW

Old 04-12-10, 03:39 PM   #758
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Cheers, glad to hear it

As every simulations fan knows, the key to enjoying them is to practice until everything becomes a second nature and you can concentrate in what you are doing, instead of concentrating in looking for the key that did this or that. Which is specially difficult when you are being shot at, or see a target moving fast out of sight
I agree Hitman

ZW

Old 04-12-10, 04:35 PM   #759
indebin
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

ZW
I have now tried 5 times to install Kursk mission 1. After it is installed TvsT CTD on any mission at the start of the mission loading bar with the error I reported before. It runs perfectly with only the 275 mg pre-Kursk file installed.

Quote:
Ok indebin and others with problem

1.) Install the pre-Kursk 275 mg file clear cache and reboot.

2.) Now install the Kursk Mission 1 file

If you do not have the Kursk Mission 1 file it is because you are not a beta tester.

Note: The pre-Kursk file does not have the Kursk Mission in it.

You may have to install the graphics files in your windows\system32 folder
Get them here:

http://www.filefront.com/15181093/Msvcr_Files.zip/

Let me know how it goes

ZW

Last edited by indebin; 04-12-10 at 05:27 PM.
indebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-10, 05:40 PM   #760
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Well ZW, it was "No Go!" first time around with this new version of the Kursk mission.

On startup, I was getting the error report of Duplicate KurskM1Mission scripts. I looked everywhere through the Mission scripts, thought there was 2 KurskM1 Mission scripts in there somewhere, but only saw the one in the Customs Mission folder. But something didn't look right in that folder either. After looking at so many different mission folders, I noticed that the Kursk Mission folder had one extra file in it.

It is called MissionBase script, or something like that. I opened with Wordpad, and compared it to the KurskM1 Mission script, and saw the offending duplicate lines. They are something like Kursk M1 text, Kursk M1 briefing, and so on.

I took a guess, and removed the Mission Base script, but did not delete it, just incase I had a wrong guess,lol Sure enough, the mission started, so I exited from the sim to come here and let you know what I found.

Of the 2 emails you sent, I installed the mission from the second one, I believe that's how you wanted us to do it? Just one other thought, I took a quick look around when the mission started, and noticed a whole lot of other tanks are not there for the intial thrust at the Russian lines. Where did they go!?! I feel so alone out there now!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-10, 05:56 PM   #761
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Well ZW, it was "No Go!" first time around with this new version of the Kursk mission.

On startup, I was getting the error report of Duplicate KurskM1Mission scripts. I looked everywhere through the Mission scripts, thought there was 2 KurskM1 Mission scripts in there somewhere, but only saw the one in the Customs Mission folder. But something didn't look right in that folder either. After looking at so many different mission folders, I noticed that the Kursk Mission folder had one extra file in it.

It is called MissionBase script, or something like that. I opened with Wordpad, and compared it to the KurskM1 Mission script, and saw the offending duplicate lines. They are something like Kursk M1 text, Kursk M1 briefing, and so on.

I took a guess, and removed the Mission Base script, but did not delete it, just incase I had a wrong guess,lol Sure enough, the mission started, so I exited from the sim to come here and let you know what I found.

Of the 2 emails you sent, I installed the mission from the second one, I believe that's how you wanted us to do it? Just one other thought, I took a quick look around when the mission started, and noticed a whole lot of other tanks are not there for the intial thrust at the Russian lines. Where did they go!?! I feel so alone out there now!
Good find eddie, but because nobody has the Kursk mission 1 except you
beta testers I forgot to mention it. But you are right on target so delete
that file. Normally I would want you beta testers to delete the whole Kursk
mission 1 folder. I have just finished fixing the end of mission code for Kursk mission 1. So give me 20min. and then download the same file again same
pw. The .exe will say v2 at the end of it and then delete or install over the
last Kursk mission 1.

20 minutes then download (it's 4:00PM PST here now)

ZW

Old 04-12-10, 06:20 PM   #762
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by indebin View Post
ZW
I have now tried 5 times to install Kursk mission 1. After it is installed TvsT CTD on any mission at the start of the mission loading bar with the error I reported before. It runs perfectly with only the 275 mg pre-Kursk file installed.

Hi indebin
eddie found the culprit you should deletethe Kurskmission folder then re-install Kursk mission 1 again

Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger\Missions\CustomMissions\Kur skMission

And before you do that download the Kursk mission 1 file again and use
that one it will have v2 at the end of the .exe file.

Keep up the good work indebin we're almost there!

ZW

Old 04-12-10, 09:52 PM   #763
eddie
Ocean Warrior

ZW, everything is running fine here! Thanks for the new file BTW! FR are higher, starting around 4 and moving up to around 8 or 9 at times, but still going to need around 3 GHz machine to run it at higher settings. Of course lower settings will help with machines that don't have that range of power.

Al Capone
Old 04-12-10, 10:56 PM   #764
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Thanks eddie, did you finish the mission successfully?

The power issue is I think an issue that is here to stay with TvsT

ZW

Old 04-12-10, 11:30 PM   #765
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Sorry ZW, couldn't finish the mission today, got caught up by things here at home. I was having fun exchanging some long range fire with the Russians, and was getting in my licks against them. Finally coming to terms with the optics, so picking them off from a great distance is becoming sort of fun!

Have to get back to it on Tuesday, first have to go to work, then take my Dad to see his Doctor, so won't be back at it until Tuesday evening. Will do my best to blast my way through the Russian guns, no more Mr. Nice Guy!! Then on to the village, hopefully I'll have some Russian soldiers try and out run me, like in the first mission! They run pretty good on foot, just not fast enough, and I hate to use too much ammo on them, the tracks should do just fine~

Al Capone