Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 04-11-10, 01:43 PM   #736
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1
Default not included in the pre-Kursk file

Hey Guys!

The reason you can not play Kursk mission 1 is because it is still in beta and
not included
in the pre-Kursk file

All new releases will come as small downloads to be installed on top of this
275mg pre-Kursk file.
Please remember Kursk is in beta testing, but it is will be ready for final beta testing today.

Sorry for the misunderstanding I sould have made the instructions for the
"pre-Kursk" file more clear

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-10, 01:43 PM   #737
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

Everything is running fine here, Kursk mission too! I installed over the last version ZW sent us, and works right out of the box!

FR's are good, but my Tiger likes to stear to the left a bit, might be the lay of the land. Nice to see the rest of the Tigers running at a slower speed, I can actually stay ahead of them,lol First part of mission with all those Tigers around me, FR is close to 4, and the same as this large group starts moving. Otherwise when running by myself at the beginning, before the other tanks start moving, FR hover around 6.

ZW, I refuse to drive straight into those anti-tank guns, that is suicide! I'm going around them and pick them off from behind!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-10, 01:46 PM   #738
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Almost forgot, frinik, I got your emails! Thanks!

Al Capone
Old 04-11-10, 01:54 PM   #739
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Everything is running fine here, Kursk mission too! I installed over the last version ZW sent us, and works right out of the box!

FR's are good, but my Tiger likes to stear to the left a bit, might be the lay of the land. Nice to see the rest of the Tigers running at a slower speed, I can actually stay ahead of them,lol First part of mission with all those Tigers around me, FR is close to 4, and the same as this large group starts moving. Otherwise when running by myself at the beginning, before the other tanks start moving, FR hover around 6.

ZW, I refuse to drive straight into those anti-tank guns, that is suicide! I'm going around them and pick them off from behind!
That is good news eddie,
I will have the new Kursk mission 1 ready today for you to give a final
test. It runs better and the object population is a bit lower but still not
as fast as it could be by eliminating some animated objects but if you can
play the latest Kursk mission you will enjoy this one.
And you are right about the pull to the left on the terrain is what I have
concluded as well.
A tip for the alternate rout: watch out for AT mines. The pioneers last night
could only complete mine clearing for a frontal assault.

Good Hunting Kamerad!

ZW
Old 04-11-10, 03:39 PM   #740
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Very funny ZW, just what I need, hidden anti-tank mines!! Like this missions isn't tough enough!?!

Al Capone
Old 04-11-10, 04:43 PM   #741
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Very funny ZW, just what I need, hidden anti-tank mines!! Like this missions isn't tough enough!?!
Alright eddie I give you a few tips. Do not try and out run the other Tigers
and do not try and keep up with them neither, they are all seasoned SS
veterans. You however are in Tiger 1302 a Tiger company's #2 command
position. Fallow the Tigers from a distance until you can see a hole in the
line where the other Tigers have stopped together to a do nothing but
return fire. Take that as the time to advance as fast as you can past them
and do not stop to fire until you get in that village. Once you are close
to the point where you can return fire kill those mortars.

Let's see if that helps you eddie

ZW
Old 04-12-10, 12:04 AM   #742
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Default KURSK Mission 1

Ok Guys,

I just e-mailed the KURSK Mission 1 to the beta testers for a final test run. I am confident it will pass.

It still will require some PC hp but I guess that is the way it is.
I would encourage all members to give it a try and see for your selves, and
you can decide if you need an upgrade or not.

On to Kursk Mission 2!

ZW
Old 04-12-10, 12:42 AM   #743
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Ok Guys,

I just e-mailed the KURSK Mission 1 to the beta testers for a final test run. I am confident it will pass.

It still will require some PC hp but I guess that is the way it is.
I would encourage all members to give it a try and see for your selves, and
you can decide if you need an upgrade or not.

On to Kursk Mission 2!

ZW

HI ZW,

does this mean, that i am no longer a BETA tester because i earased everything which was BETA?. Then Eddie is the only one who has to test it.

Thanx alot for information on Kursk 1 and my misunderstanding. Sorry from here too.

As i mentioned earlier tank is steering to left sometimes to the right.
With the Beta test and our latest download i made nearly same experiences as Eddie.

Cheers

LC

PS: No E-Mail recieved
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-10, 01:38 AM   #744
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcSummers View Post
HI ZW,

does this mean, that i am no longer a BETA tester because i earased everything which was BETA?. Then Eddie is the only one who has to test it.

Thanx alot for information on Kursk 1 and my misunderstanding. Sorry from here too.

As i mentioned earlier tank is steering to left sometimes to the right.
With the Beta test and our latest download i made nearly same experiences as Eddie.

Cheers

LC

PS: No E-Mail recieved
Hi LC
No LC man! I still need you. Wait util I send you another e-mail because
you certainly should have received it.

Don't worry about deleting the beta if you have the 275mg pre-Kursk file intalled that is the one you need.
The file that I sent you a link to is the Kursk Mission 1 (7mg D/L). I need you to beta test it .
I just uploaded it again to fix the Tigers stopping at the wrong time. So if you have it please download it again.

Keep up the good work Kamerad!

Zw

Last edited by ZeeWolf; 04-12-10 at 01:55 AM.
Old 04-12-10, 03:49 AM   #745
BlueMind
Swabbie

Downloads: 16

Hi ZeeWolf... and all other people who play this wonderful game...

This is already one year I bought this game and I play it regularly. It's for me the best tank simulator I've played (I never played at T-72 Balkans on Fire because I prefer games of the WW2 but it's a personal taste).

After playing Red Orchestra since its official release (2006), there is a point that bothers me a bit in T34 vs Tiger, certainly because my habit with RO but I think this would make it more realistic. Perhaps it's already changed/corrected on your patch, I don't know because I've not found any information about this point: the movement of the turret with the mouse !

I find it totally unrealistic because the crew didn't have this kind of tool in their time: a foot controler (pedal) for the horizontal movements and a crank for the vertical movements. I also think that the control with the mouse is much less accurate than a keyboard with which you can make changes according to the latest shooting position.

The problem is: that it's not possible with the keyboard to move slowly along the vertical axis (it works horizontally with the SHIFT key but this function does not work when I want to adjust the height of the barrel).

I would also like to know if is it possible (by changing some files or lines of code) to disable the mouse control of the turret so that it does not interfere with the keyboard control (I tried looking for a file on the key assignment but I found nothing) ?
I often change views because I never use auto-pilot crew and when I return to the gunner seat, I obviously can't keep my old fire position due to the movements of the mouse (and I don't want drop my mouse before changing the view because in the battle, I never think of).

Besides that, it's a very good simulation and I think it's more realistic than Red Orchestra (except the point of the turret movements)...

I'm very happy to know about your mod (ps: I sent you a private message for my member registration).
BlueMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-10, 04:14 AM   #746
LcSummers
XO

Default Mesage recieved

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Hi LC
No LC man! I still need you. Wait util I send you another e-mail because
you certainly should have received it.

Don't worry about deleting the beta if you have the 275mg pre-Kursk file intalled that is the one you need.
The file that I sent you a link to is the Kursk Mission 1 (7mg D/L). I need you to beta test it .
I just uploaded it again to fix the Tigers stopping at the wrong time. So if you have it please download it again.

Keep up the good work Kamerad!

Zw

Hi ZW,

thank you very much recieved your message (here) and your two downloads.

Now lets start and fight again.

LC
Old 04-12-10, 06:15 AM   #747
LcSummers
XO

Default Report Herr Kaleun

Hi to ZW and all members who want to see development!

FPS has much improved. Lowest for short time was 4.7 and highest about 8.9 but mostly with everything on max. between 5.9 and 7.7 mostly above 6.5.

Less tanks are moving. ZW, Katyushas, SU-122 and Artillery undestructable. Gunnies are shooting at them.

Reached first village, then up upon a hill where two T-34s were coming in sight and destroyed. On the left were the Katyushas etc and a house wich was attacked not destroyed but after several hits it was above me like an UFO. So it was with some Tiger tanks on that hill. A Tiger tank which lost both tracks was travelling in that "Tiger anthill" and was thrown away.
Tank is steering to right and NO TIGER STOPS.
Sometimes my tank sinks like in a swamp.

ZW, I made some screenshots for you about 12,5 MB there you can see better what i mean. If you need them i can send them to you.

Hope this will help you, and one thing, your RETICLE is GREAT, same with infantary. Cool.
Its going forward. GO ON WITH THESE IMPROVEMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job.

Thank you

Lima Charlie over and out
Old 04-12-10, 09:45 AM   #748
indebin
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

ZW
Installed Kursk mission pre-alpha but when I try to run it or any of the other missions I get a ctd with the error TvsT has stopped working. Will try a fresh install.
Fresh install-TvsT-run 1st mission all ok-clear cache-reboot. Install pre Kursk alpha- run 1st mission all ok-clear cache-reboot. Install Kursk mission 1 pre alpha- run any mission ctd with the same error as above.
This is the error details
TvsT.exe
4892f14e
Controls.dll
48899ad9
c0000005
0033ba8a
12c4
01cada569b5e08ba
C:\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger\TvsT.exe
C:\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger\Controls.dll
e7879c15-4649-11df-af9f-001d7d097fcc

Last edited by indebin; 04-12-10 at 10:47 AM.
indebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-10, 11:50 AM   #749
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Ok indebin and others with problem

1.) Install the pre-Kursk 275 mg file clear cache and reboot.

2.) Now install the Kursk Mission 1 file

If you do not have the Kursk Mission 1 file it is because you are not a beta tester.

Note: The pre-Kursk file does not have the Kursk Mission in it.

You may have to install the graphics files in your windows\system32 folder
Get them here:

http://www.filefront.com/15181093/Msvcr_Files.zip/

Let me know how it goes

ZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by indebin View Post
ZW
Installed Kursk mission pre-alpha but when I try to run it or any of the other missions I get a ctd with the error TvsT has stopped working. Will try a fresh install.
Fresh install-TvsT-run 1st mission all ok-clear cache-reboot. Install pre Kursk alpha- run 1st mission all ok-clear cache-reboot. Install Kursk mission 1 pre alpha- run any mission ctd with the same error as above.
This is the error details
TvsT.exe
4892f14e
Controls.dll
48899ad9
c0000005
0033ba8a
12c4
01cada569b5e08ba
C:\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger\TvsT.exe
C:\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger\Controls.dll
e7879c15-4649-11df-af9f-001d7d097fcc

Last edited by ZeeWolf; 04-12-10 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-12-10, 12:13 PM   #750
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMind View Post
Hi ZeeWolf... and all other people who play this wonderful game...

This is already one year I bought this game and I play it regularly. It's for me the best tank simulator I've played (I never played at T-72 Balkans on Fire because I prefer games of the WW2 but it's a personal taste).

After playing Red Orchestra since its official release (2006), there is a point that bothers me a bit in T34 vs Tiger, certainly because my habit with RO but I think this would make it more realistic. Perhaps it's already changed/corrected on your patch, I don't know because I've not found any information about this point: the movement of the turret with the mouse !

I find it totally unrealistic because the crew didn't have this kind of tool in their time: a foot controler (pedal) for the horizontal movements and a crank for the vertical movements. I also think that the control with the mouse is much less accurate than a keyboard with which you can make changes according to the latest shooting position.

The problem is: that it's not possible with the keyboard to move slowly along the vertical axis (it works horizontally with the SHIFT key but this function does not work when I want to adjust the height of the barrel).

I would also like to know if is it possible (by changing some files or lines of code) to disable the mouse control of the turret so that it does not interfere with the keyboard control (I tried looking for a file on the key assignment but I found nothing) ?
I often change views because I never use auto-pilot crew and when I return to the gunner seat, I obviously can't keep my old fire position due to the movements of the mouse (and I don't want drop my mouse before changing the view because in the battle, I never think of).

Besides that, it's a very good simulation and I think it's more realistic than Red Orchestra (except the point of the turret movements)...

I'm very happy to know about your mod (ps: I sent you a private message for my member registration).
Hi BlueMind and welcome aboard,

The mouse control is needed for fine target acquisition. The key pad controls are for rapid traverse. The Tigers had a foot pedal for rapid
and a hand crank for fine adjustment. The key controls in T34 vs Tiger
are in need of work no doubt about it. The original game that TvsT
was built on was a helicopter simulator with IR tracking control so
the possibility to fine tune is there in the code to strengthen that
area of the Tank control.

I do agree with you that it is not realistic but I am working to make it
so.

Regards

ZeeWolf