Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-19, 09:42 AM   #8206
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Speaker Nancy Pelosi says the House of Representatives will file impeachment charges against US President Donald Trump for alleged abuse of power.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50671570

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 12-05-19, 11:45 AM   #8207
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Yes, fro all what I heard when listening in to the news of he past days, the case is overwhelmingly against Lil' Boy.

Just too bad that the case is not decided by a a neutrlsa third auhtoriuty like a High court, but the most unsuited instance one could imagine for this: the Senate, biased, with republican speaker already having announced that he doe snot care for facts, truths and evidence but will vote it down NO MATTER WHAT. Its as if you sue the boss of a Mafia clan - and have his accomp0lices formigngup the jury at court. It just makes no sense. Congress should decide whetehr or not to start an impeahcment process, and if saying yes, then the proceeding shozukd be left to the court. Not a club of highly biased, highly personally involved profiteers who put their own interest about the basic principles of justice and law and order.

There is too much corruption and feudalism build into the very system design. By now its so rotten that it stinks to heaven.

If the lil boy would gte chadsed out - extremely unlikely - thew wholw current White Hiuse gang, inclduing Penceand othe rhigh rankings, would need to be thrown out as well. We have learned during the hearing that they were fully aware and in full knowledge of the little boy's failures in the Ukraine conspiracy he unleashed - and they remained silent and helped to keep it hidden, they are still lying about it. That means all their names are burnt as well.

Its not enough to just hoping to prevent his re-eleciton next year by hanging the ongpoing impeachment story coverage in t he news aroud hzis neck. He must be held accountable. He must be brought toi court after his "presidence". Only then justice has been served. Without thnat, it all remains to be just an opporutneistic manouver, successful maybe if reeleciton fails, but anythign but "just". Impeaching this boy is ist the first step. He must be held accoutnable afterwards. You do not leave it to stopping an ongoing bank robbery, but you bring the robber to court afterwards, and then throw him into jail.

Most likely nothing of all this will happen. The system(s) is too rotten alread, the poison too deep inside minds.

And there is nobody worth to take the seat at the head of the table, they all are products of the established regime and its rigged game rules.

Hang them all, and burn the whole damn house down.
Old 12-05-19, 12:37 PM   #8208
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I have to agree with Skybird on this.

Yes it's your country, your President and yours rules.

But this case should have been investigated by FBI and the case should have been in the high court.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 12-05-19, 02:05 PM   #8209
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

But this case should have been investigated by FBI and the case should have been in the high court.

Markus
No offence to you or Skybird but you guys need to do some research before you make statements like that.

The FBI is part of the Executive branch of the US government. The President is the head of the executive branch. You should be able to see why the FBI cannot investigate the President.

Likewise the 'high court', which I assume you mean the Supreme Court, has judges who are appointed by the President. There are two of them on that court right now. Again you should be able to see how that would be a problem.

It is Congress which is responsible for checking executive power. The bar for impeachment is set high, not to protect obvious wrongdoing but to protect all Presidents from continous attempts to remove them from office.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 12-05-19, 05:21 PM   #8210
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

If Schiff were to present his case in a court of law, the judge would take one look at the "evidence", bang his gavel and say case dismissed.
Old 12-05-19, 05:30 PM   #8211
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I did not mention the FBI.

But you do a good job in describing the wroings that corrupt your system of checks and balances. There is an inbuild fundamental flaw in them. And it goes deeper than just the Lil Boy's job-getting.

It seems we live in a time where all Western democratic systems get to reveal their inherent limitations. Personally, i am still as hostile as always to any conception and idea of a "state". Because I seriously doubt that it can be had without such criminal deformations. The devil alwaysd comes dressed in good intentions. The onyl way to stay free and self-responsible and to have no masters owning you and establishing a crime syndicate, is not to have a state. We have thousands of years of history proving that. Where there are creators and producers, there are the mades and the parasites, the wannabe-kings and the visionaries.

As Helmut Schmidt once said: "Politicians with visions should be send to a psychiatrist."
Old 12-05-19, 05:44 PM   #8212
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Speaker Nancy Pelosi says the House of Representatives will file impeachment charges against US President Donald Trump for alleged abuse of power.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50671570
Then she is a liar. Last Spring she was saying this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Pelosi
"Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country,”
If those articles pass it will be without a single Republican vote and quite possibly those of several Red State Democrats as well so it shows that Pelosi and her party don't really care if it divides the country.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.

Last edited by August; 12-05-19 at 07:12 PM.
August is online  
Old 12-06-19, 11:11 AM   #8213
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Markus
Alexander Hamilton's opinion why the Senate ,not the high court, should be involved in the impeachment process.

The Federalist Papers : No. 65

https://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/fed65.asp

Also, according to congresswoman Maxine Waters: “Impeachment is about whatever the Congress says it is. There is no law that dictates impeachment. What the Constitution says is ‘high crimes and misdemeanors,’ and we define that.” She echoes what Gerald Ford wrote back in 1970. What, then, is an impeachable offense? The only honest answer is that an impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history; conviction results from whatever offense or offenses two-thirds of the other body considers to be sufficiently serious to require removal of the accused from office..." Congressman Gerald Ford, 116 Cong. Rec. H.3113-3114 (April 15, 1970)

Of course nobody likes to talk about that. But impeachment does seem to me to be a highly politicized event than a legal one. Who sets the standards as to what is impeachable and not? The FBI doesn't have written code or law to reveal and guide them in an impeachment investigation. It appears what Waters and Ford said are correct when they say only the congress can define that. Of course Stephen Colbert might have better facts.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-06-19 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-08-19, 09:06 AM   #8214
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

<O>
Old 12-09-19, 10:02 PM   #8215
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-09-19 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-09-19, 10:48 PM   #8216
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

We'll know the articles tomorrow. While I'm on record for not liking Trump and believing he is a charlatan and a compulsive liar, the impeachment process is pretty thin. I can't wait to see what comes out of the Senate when Republicans are calling witnesses.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 12-10-19, 12:23 AM   #8217
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Gack! After watching CNN I'm watching Fox and I have to say I find Fox disgusts me more. Yes, they both slant to support they're views, but I find Fox uses far more snotty innuendo and smear tactic. Maybe it's just the response to an unfavorable IG report, but I have to turn it off now. Tucker Carlson makes me want to puke.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 12-10-19, 09:12 AM   #8218
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Article I: Abuse of power

Article II: Obstruction of Congress
Old 12-10-19, 09:28 AM   #8219
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Article I: Abuse of power

Article II: Obstruction of Congress
So predictable.

Also predictable, House will vote for impeachment.

Also predictable, Senate will vote to acquit.

I'm losing interest fast.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 12-10-19, 10:16 AM   #8220
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
"Pelosi and Democrats point to what they call a pattern of misconduct by Trump in seeking foreign interference in elections from Mueller’s inquiry of the Russia probe to Ukraine."
I've been seeing a different pattern developing since 2016 and want to say that I ..... ummm nevermind I should stop.

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-10-19 at 10:27 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter