SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-19-20, 04:58 PM   #1
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Larger or more readable font in Mission Briefings

Playing the latest release (v1.15) and the mission briefings seem too small and hard to read on my laptop.

Is there any way to enlarge the font size or make the letters more readable in the Mission Briefings? Most all other text is okay.
Old 08-20-20, 03:37 AM   #2
M134
Mate

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda View Post
Playing the latest release (v1.15) and the mission briefings seem too small and hard to read on my laptop.

Is there any way to enlarge the font size or make the letters more readable in the Mission Briefings? Most all other text is okay.
As I recall the latest version is 1.15g

To enlarge text without .dll modding you have to go to ...campaign00X\language_en\missions and put text you want to enlarge between <size=XX> and </size>
This should be done for EVERY mission...
You'll have to experiment with values. I recommend to start with something around 20
Attached Images
File Type: jpg briefing.jpg (19.5 KB, 11 views)
M134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 06:22 PM   #3
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M134 View Post
As I recall the latest version is 1.15g
To enlarge text without .dll modding you have to go to ...campaign00X\language_en\missions and put text you want to enlarge between <size=XX> and </size>
This should be done for EVERY mission...
You'll have to experiment with values. I recommend to start with something around 20
There does not seem to be any font size under individual mission orders, just text.

Under Campaignxxx\language_en\events\notes.text file, lists a font size as follows:

Color=255,255,255,255 Defines a COLOR32 (global text color setting)
Font=0 FONT (0 Default, 1 HUD font, 2 map sans, 3 map serif, 4 newspaper serif)

Also supports Rich Text tags: (tags must be nested in order)
<b></b> BOLD
<i></i> ITALICS
<color=#00000000></color> HTML color for in line color changes only (use COLOR32 above for whole sentences)
<n> or \n = NEW LINE
<size=20></size> FONT SIZE (Awards/medals pages only as newspapers use best fit to format text size)

Text Colors:
NewspaperRed=180,71,64,255
NewspaperDark=57,61,73,255
NewspaperLight=218,218,208,255

I have not tried to edit this file yet, but I don't believe this controls the mission text. I've hunted in both Default and Override directories and have not found any other place to edit font.

Any further ideas.
Old 08-20-20, 07:07 PM   #4
M134
Mate

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda View Post
There does not seem to be any font size under individual mission orders, just text.

Under Campaignxxx\language_en\events\notes.text file, lists a font size as follows:

Color=255,255,255,255 Defines a COLOR32 (global text color setting)
Font=0 FONT (0 Default, 1 HUD font, 2 map sans, 3 map serif, 4 newspaper serif)

Also supports Rich Text tags: (tags must be nested in order)
<b></b> BOLD
<i></i> ITALICS
<color=#00000000></color> HTML color for in line color changes only (use COLOR32 above for whole sentences)
<n> or \n = NEW LINE
<size=20></size> FONT SIZE (Awards/medals pages only as newspapers use best fit to format text size)

Text Colors:
NewspaperRed=180,71,64,255
NewspaperDark=57,61,73,255
NewspaperLight=218,218,208,255

I have not tried to edit this file yet, but I don't believe this controls the mission text. I've hunted in both Default and Override directories and have not found any other place to edit font.

Any further ideas.
notes.txt is just notes. It is only for info and doesnt used by game.

Yes, there is no <size> in mission orders - you have to write it yourself for every briefing. If you place <size=20> at the first point marked by green on that stupid image attachment (sorry, have no wish to use hostings) and </size> at the second - you'll get a bigger text for mission orders
M134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-20, 03:25 AM   #5
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M134 View Post
Yes, there is no <size> in mission orders - you have to write it yourself for every briefing. If you place <size=20> at the first point marked by green on that stupid image attachment (sorry, have no wish to use hostings) and </size> at the second - you'll get a bigger text for mission orders
Thanks, I now understand.