Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 05-08-10, 03:55 PM   #1
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280
Uploads: 0
Default The Tiger 1.0 mod (SF-K1942) and you

Hello there!
it's been a while since I posted here so I thought I would make a stylish comeback...

I recently downloaded both the Tiger 0.98 and 1.0 mod (<<< there's a link in there!) and I noticed something...
the menus were all in Russian!
Although I am learning Russian (I am always looking to know a second (actually third, I'm good with german) language)
I would like to read in english!
in the Steel Panthers and Steel Fury rescourses thread I posted a little hotfix I found, and I'm too lazy to retype it so I'll just copy-paste
Quote:
(if you are playing an english install and don't want to figure out how to read Russian the hard way, I have found a quick fix that will return your menu language to english. In "Tiger_Mod_v1.0\data\k42\loc_rus" find the folder called "text." in that folder there should be a text file called "loc_kit" rename that file or move it to a different spot. so far it has returned all my menu tabs back to english but I'll still take a good look around to see if it messed anything up-SH427)
I did my check and only a few things are still in Russian, and the Tiger II comes up as "???" in the statistics menu, but nothing that totally ruins the game, commands and most names still show up in english.

just in case the people around here don't follow the resources thread here, I thought I'd put up a post I know people will look at!
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!

Old 05-08-10, 11:50 PM   #2
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default Thanks!

Thanks very much for the fix Sledge!Much appreciated as I have looking unsuccessfully for that.My own fix is to enable last the English/language patch which does the same but your solution is better!

BTW re my SF user made missions I PMed you

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 10:50 AM   #3
jerryb
Seaman

Downloads: 40

Hi, sorry but probably stupid question, do you have to install tiger .98 first? If so where do I find it, haven't run SF for a few months and there seems to have been a lot of activity in the mods area, any idea where to find all the latest stuff. Thanks.
jerryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 10:50 AM   #4
KnightsCross
Bosun

Thanks for the info
I'm waiting for SFK to be sent from USA and I cant read Russian so I will be back when I get it
Darren
KnightsCross
Old 05-09-10, 12:28 PM   #5
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryb View Post
Hi, sorry but probably stupid question, do you have to install tiger .98 first? If so where do I find it, haven't run SF for a few months and there seems to have been a lot of activity in the mods area, any idea where to find all the latest stuff. Thanks.
no such thing as a stupid question

my mods install goes like this:
Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng
Steel_Sound_Mod_v1.1(fix)_eng
Frontline Acoustics [this isn't necessary]
Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.4_eng
Tiger_Mod_v1.0
Better Head Movement for Tank Crews (for SF MOD 1.4)

as for where to find mods, I usually update the Steel Fury resources post with mods that don't have a link (posted on this forum) but I guess while I'm at it I can update the post with this link:
http://tanksim.org.ru/wfdownloads-viewcat.cid-15.htm

and here is the Steel fury resources post, the smaller list of mods is near the bottom
Steel Fury Resources

Quote:
I'm waiting for SFK to be sent from USA and I cant read Russian so I will be back when I get it
Mine shipped from the UK, it still has the PEGI tags on it (PEGI is the british ESRB IIRC) but it's a game I don't regret buying!
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 12:53 PM   #6
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SF nmods and patches

You´ll find all the mods on the tanksim.org.ru website.It´s in Russian b ut you can automatically translate the page into English.They have both Russian and English language mods and patches for SF.That´s where I get all mine.
Steel Panzer mod 1.4 must be enabled before enabling the Tiger 1.0 mod(the latest Tiger mod with the TIger II).
You´ll enjoy SF!
Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10, 04:04 AM   #7
jerryb
Seaman

Downloads: 40

Thanks folks. There used to be some missions out there, don't suppose anyone knows where they are now? Sorry to ask but I managed to stuff the PC and lost loads of everything.

Last edited by jerryb; 05-10-10 at 04:56 AM.
jerryb is offline   Reply With Quote