SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-09, 11:32 AM   #1
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Default Commissioning ceremony for the USS George H.W. Bush live on C-SPAN

As it says, being shown now.
Old 01-11-09, 01:28 AM   #2
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

Man, they really should schedule these things on days where there isn't wall-to-wall NFL playoff coverage...
Aramike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 01:47 AM   #3
JALU3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0

Don't worry CSPAN has archived it, and you can watch at your convenience.
sense of right and wrong."
-Sloan, Section Thirty-One
JALU3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 01:50 AM   #4
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramike
Man, they really should schedule these things on days where there isn't wall-to-wall NFL playoff coverage...
Roger that. I suspect there is something going on here...
Old 01-11-09, 04:24 AM   #5
UnderseaLcpl
Silent Hunter

Thanks for that, it was epic I never realized how enjoyable a military ceremony can be when you aren't standing at attention and your face itches and you wonder how much longer it will be till' this a$$ shuts up. I actually watched the whole thing!

I stole this sig from Task Force
UnderseaLcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 05:00 AM   #6
JALU3
Grey Wolf

And your arms go numb for being at parade rest for what seems to be hours on end. Yah, I know the feeling.

This followed the high speed fly by of the flight of F/A-18E/Fs. I wonder how she would do landing aboard the Bush and taking off her.
If a C-130 could take off and land from the Forrestal, why not this little survivor?
Old 01-11-09, 06:20 AM   #7
UnderseaLcpl
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JALU3
And your arms go numb for being at parade rest for what seems to be hours on end. Yah, I know the feeling.?
Actually, my arms never bothered me at parade rest. I like to fidget a little with my thumbs and hands and it keeps the numbness away. My feet, on the other hand, always seem to go to sleep, no matter how much I subtly shift my weight.

Quote:
This followed the high speed fly by of the flight of F/A-18E/Fs. I wonder how she would do landing aboard the Bush and taking off her.
If a C-130 could take off and land from the Forrestal, why not this little survivor

I don't know enough about the ship's specifications to give a decent answer, but I'm sure they could, unless some kind of unique flight-deck modifications were made to accomodate the next generation of CAGs.
As far as landing aboard or taking off from the Bush go, I can only say with certainty that within weeks there will tens of thousands of creative but crass jokes shared amongst servicemembers with regards to the Bush.

I stole this sig from Task Force
UnderseaLcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 06:50 AM   #8
JALU3
Grey Wolf

[quote=UnderseaLcpl]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JALU3
And your arms go numb for being at parade rest for what seems to be hours on end. Yah, I know the feeling.?
Actually, my arms never bothered me at parade rest. I like to fidget a little with my thumbs and hands and it keeps the numbness away. My feet, on the other hand, always seem to go to sleep, no matter how much I subtly shift my weight.

[quote]

I was actually talking about what would happen for me, I think I was the only one in my company with that problem. But then again, I didn't ask my fellow soldiers what they disliked the most about Parade Rest.

Fidget you say? But wouldn't the officer at the back of the formation, if he/she actually cared, wouldn't they notice?

Quote:
As far as landing aboard or taking off from the Bush go, I can only say with certainty that within weeks there will tens of thousands of creative but crass jokes shared amongst servicemembers with regards to the Bush.
You mean the PCU hasn't created any yet? For shame!