SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Jutland
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-30-12, 01:28 PM   #1
Captain_Rockwell_Torry
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Playing Again

Just started playing this again, after a long hiatus. Found I was really enjoying it again. Guess I need to start making new scenarios again.

Captain Rockwell Torry
Old 12-31-12, 11:41 AM   #2
Randomizer
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Read your post yesterday and it inspired me to fire up Jutland for the first time in months.

Resurrected an ongoing 1915 campaign; sent some minelayers off the West Frisian Islands covered by the 3rd Light Cruiser Squadron and a destroyer flotilla. While withdrawing after a successful mission, a German force showed up and my ships were magically teleported under the guns of the Fortress of Helgoland, some 100+ km from where they had been.

A vivid reminder why Steam and Iron is now my naval combat game of choice.
Old 01-02-13, 12:40 PM   #3
Captain_Rockwell_Torry
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post
Read your post yesterday and it inspired me to fire up Jutland for the first time in months.

Resurrected an ongoing 1915 campaign; sent some minelayers off the West Frisian Islands covered by the 3rd Light Cruiser Squadron and a destroyer flotilla. While withdrawing after a successful mission, a German force showed up and my ships were magically teleported under the guns of the Fortress of Helgoland, some 100+ km from where they had been.

A vivid reminder why Steam and Iron is now my naval combat game of choice.
I understand your frustration. I only play scenarios now. The Campaign seems pretty much broken, so I don't even bother with it. But I have really been enjoying the scenarios and am building some new ones.

Regards:
Captain Rockwell Torry
Old 03-20-13, 02:37 PM   #4
Kaleun Klink
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

I've been playing Jutland scenarios off and on for several years, and I've been pretty happy (with the game, not my naval tactical skills). Last week I started my first campaign -- just so I know what to expect, what's broken in campaign play? (Apart from magical teleportation.)

So far I haven't noticed any obvious bugs -- although I have noted some pretty big limitations, like the inability to set sailing times or speeds, or otherwise coordinate actions between task forces, and the lack of any task force status/info screen (which would fit nicely in that big ol' unused right half of the screen, next to the map).

Current games: UBOAT ... Victory at Sea Pacific ...

Ye olde games: SH3 + GWX3 Gold ... SH4 plain vanilla ... Steam and Iron ... Jutland ... War Plan Pacific ...

...and many board games!
Kaleun Klink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-13, 11:15 AM   #5
Captain_Rockwell_Torry
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleun Klink View Post
I've been playing Jutland scenarios off and on for several years, and I've been pretty happy (with the game, not my naval tactical skills). Last week I started my first campaign -- just so I know what to expect, what's broken in campaign play? (Apart from magical teleportation.)

So far I haven't noticed any obvious bugs -- although I have noted some pretty big limitations, like the inability to set sailing times or speeds, or otherwise coordinate actions between task forces, and the lack of any task force status/info screen (which would fit nicely in that big ol' unused right half of the screen, next to the map).
Yeah, I still like to play it. I did purchase Steam and Iron, and its good as well, you can design what if ships and it also has a scenario editor, but the graphics aren't much. I mostly play single scenarios with Jutland and not the campaign anymore. Apart from the teleportation, I haven't really had much problem with the Campaign, it seems to work ok for me. By the way, War Plan Pacific is a fun game, really like it!

Regards:
Captain Rockwell Torry