SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-04-16, 06:02 AM   #331
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlea View Post
by using the ruler or the protractor on the map F5: when i draw a line, the circle of direction indicates the opposed direction.
For example if I draw a long line towards 90°, the circle indicates 270° where passes the line and not 90°. like that it is useless because it is inverted :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leitender View Post
Hi,

you are right, this is the original SH3 design of the ruler compass. You may add Jiim´s Navi map mod from April 2005, where the ruler compass is inverted.

Afaik, the most big mods already use the inverted compass. Obviously, you have already known this. You may look into ...Ahnenerbe.../data/menu/mousecurs/ and search for "line.tga" resp. "lineExt.tga". Disable Ahnenerbe´s mod, delete the files (backup before), enable the mod again and test.

Good luck.
This solution also works BUT we did not see the compass of the F5 map at night and it was thus unusable. see this screen :

Now with "ahnenerbe widegui F5 toolcard's windroses corrected" :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlc97fwkbe...ected.rar?dl=0

Everything works fine even at night !

Last edited by ericlea; 12-04-16 at 08:47 AM.
ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-16, 02:03 PM   #332
Storm87
Mate

Downloads: 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboyslim View Post
Hey guys,

I am having a problem with this mod. There are no Roman Numerals from the Tube selector dial on the attack periscope or the UZO but if I go to the TDC page and select "Salvo" the numerals appear (This does not happen if I try to do the same with the attack periscope or the UZO). I have tried disabling all mods and the problem still occurs. I would be grateful if someone could help me out.

Thanks

I have this problem too, but I don't know how to fix this. JSGME does not report any conflict with other mods. Which file should I edit in order to remove them? Can anyone help?
Storm87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-16, 09:20 AM   #333
swampy
Torpedoman

Downloads: 187

Can I install this on top of LSH 2015 just like it is, or do I need to go through specific steps to get it to work properly.
swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-16, 10:11 AM   #334
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy View Post
Can I install this on top of LSH 2015 just like it is, or do I need to go through specific steps to get it to work properly.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...1&postcount=42
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-16, 11:06 AM   #335
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Guys
Check out my Tutorial Post #42 from my signature.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-17, 05:55 PM   #336
Izgud
Watch

Downloads: 150

Hi,

After spending a lot of time looking around, I decided this was the GUI for me. Very nice! Since it solves almost all of the nitpicks I have with others, I decided to dedicate some time to it to collect fixes for the rest. Here are my results:

Problem: Game font uses Cyrillic characters
Solution: Replace Ahnenerbe fonts folder with regular GWX fonts folder (what I'm doing, no problems yet), or use the link here

P: Convoy map (Karte 1) not in English
S: Same link: here

P: Incorrect speed marker on AOB disc
S: Solved here. I adjusted ericlea's tga a bit for myself, removing the 'S' and darkening the red line a bit. It can be found at the bottom of this post if you want it instead. Again, all credit to ericlea!

P: Map tools not inverted like in GWX (e.g. 270 is now 90 when plotting ruler course)
S: Solved here

P: Tube/Salvo selector dials are empty or doubled
S: To fix empty dials, make sure you are using the SH3 Commander addon. To fix double dials (double TDC salvo dial), I went into menu_1024_768.ini, found G3B I94, and changed Pos=5,-25,128,128 to Pos=500,-25,128,128;5,-25,128,128 (it's like this in other similar mods like MaGui). There might be another way to fix this, and perhaps a way to bypass the SH3 Commander addon entirely. If so, please do tell!

P: I don't want the extra recognition manual (there's a link for this in this thread, but it's dead now)
S: Go into menu_1024_768.ini and delete all of the entries from [G26 I6] to [G26 I47]. There's one more entry to delete further down by itself: [G26 I158]. If you do this, you MUST renumber everything in the G26 section. If there's an easier way to do this, I'm sure people would be happy to know about it! EDIT: h.sie's Renumbering Tool! (SH3MenuIniRenumberV0.6.7z) Alternatively, you can try my menu_1024_768.ini down below.

After those entries are deleted and the rest in G26 are renumbered, you can delete the entire RecManualPanel texture folder if you wish.

P: Crew talks when using periscope keys
S: There are problems in the included commands_en.cfg, so I'm using my own. The only reason (I think?) to make changes to this file is to make sure new buttons work. To do that (again, I think), all you need are the MnID lines. So if you want to use your own commands_en.cfg, simply compare it with Ahnenerbe's and match up all the MnIDs. I've also attached my own commands_en.cfg below if you want to try it, though it might give you other problems!

----

I've also created an RPM chart for the hydrophone station based off of the one made by Canovaro/DoenitzEliteFlotilla. All credit goes to them! I simply made it look a bit more WW2.

If you don't use my menu_1024_768.ini but still want the RPM chart, find the G33 section and add this to the bottom:
Code:
[G33 I10]
Name=Rpmchart
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x330100FF
ParentID=0x33010000
Pos=-2633,863,1213,853
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
Materials=1
Display=2;Linear
Mat 0=data/Menu/Gui/Layout/RPMChart.tga
Crop 0=0,0,1,1
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9
Drag=true
BmpState=1
NeedFocus=true
SelOne=true
IdGroup=0
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF
Again, if the last entry in your G33 section is not [G33 I9] you MUST renumber the "I10" part of [G33 I10] to suit your own ini file.

The RPM chart, along with my menu_1024_768.ini, commands_en.cfg, and AOB disc speed line adjustment can be downloaded here! EDIT: Check this post instead.

Regards!

Last edited by Izgud; 10-02-17 at 05:18 PM.
Izgud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-17, 07:57 PM   #337
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Izgud!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-17, 03:50 AM   #338
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Izgud
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Highly Recommended SH3 > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod > Full Tutorials And Much More In My Signature
Steam Conversion SH3 Installation Instructions By BL!ITZKR!EG

That's a lot of very useful information.
Old 02-14-17, 05:01 AM   #339
ValoWay
Lieutenant

Downloads: 103

this mod is extra fancy! The only reason why I am not using it is because of 1920x1080. Making readings when everything is smaller and therefore harder to see seems counterproductive to me
ValoWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-17, 12:51 AM   #340
Izgud
Watch

Thanks, guys!

I just can't stop making tweaks. I've uploaded another zip here. The following is included:

1. Adjusted optics based on research/documentation by Hitman:
a. UZO now has a single zoom setting of 7x with a 7.25º field of view. The reticle was removed, although at 7x/7.25º the default one (like in stock GWX) is present and unremovable, as far as I can tell.
b. Binoculars now have a single zoom setting of 8x with a 6º field of view. The bearing indicator was removed. The texture was replaced with the one from WideScreen MaGui (going back to the typical binocular look).
c. Both periscope reticles slightly adjusted to look more like those from historical photographs.
2. RPM chart for hydrophone station. I also zoomed the view out here as I thought it was a bit too claustrophobic.

3. menu_1024_768.ini with Ahnenerbe's additional recognition manual removed.

4. AOB disc with proper speed marker by ericlea (red line darkened and 'S' removed).

5. Commands_en.cfg without "Jawohl, Herr Kaleun" problem. You do not need this if your commands_en.cfg is already working properly with Ahnenerbe's WideGui.

Regards!

Last edited by Izgud; 10-02-17 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-18-17, 01:01 AM   #341
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151
Default Does the RAOB disk work?

Hi guys, im just starting to learn how to use the RAOB disk, but even though i follow the tutorials to the letter, im having problems getting correct results using this GUI. The thing is im just learning to use that disk, so im not sure if its me doing something wrong, or if the disk in this mod is broken. So my question is:

Besides the incorrect speed marking discussed earlier on this thread, ¿do the other functions of the disk function properly for you guys?
can you get a correct range, aob etc?

In other words, is the disk broken, or im i messing something up?
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-17, 03:15 AM   #342
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

THE AOB wheel works qiute well but I can't get accurate range always a bit off. I know what you have to double the mast height

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-17, 02:40 PM   #343
Izgud
Watch

I can confirm that it works very accurately with the attack scope. If you are using GWX, you might want to have a look at TMT v2, which corrects length/draft/mast height errors.

For AOB, make sure you are only measuring half of the ship's apparent length.
Old 03-25-17, 04:29 PM   #344
itaylor57
Watch

Downloads: 46

I am using the WideGui so far, just takes many tries to load a saved game, many CTD. But thanks a lot for the mod.
itaylor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-17, 04:50 PM   #345
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > itaylor57
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Highly Recommended SH3 > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod > 99.99% Stable > Full Tutorials And Much More In My Signature
Steam Conversion SH3 Installation Instructions By BL!ITZKR!EG

Check out my LSH3-2015 tutorials from Post #2 as they will show you what you need to do to get over your ctd problems.