SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2020, 02:08 AM   #16
banryu79
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 549
Downloads: 82
Uploads: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M134 View Post
Thank you. I could say I have little knowledge about submarines and their crews, especially foreign ones, so I've run into one problem.
...
You can get some intresting infos about that in this Jive Turkey video:
banryu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:37 AM   #17
M134
Watch
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 21
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default

@ETR3(SS)
Thank you very much! This helped me a lot. I had to orient on russian divisions so there will be some inconsistencies in division name and bonuses provided, but at least it will look more realistic now)
M134 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:45 AM   #18
steel shark
Bosun
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Uk
Posts: 69
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 8
Default crew incremental improvements system

looks good this add,s even more Variables to game
steel shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:15 PM   #19
SKIPPER80
Swabbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 9
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Found a latest video with Epic Mod 2.11 in youtube, in which the dual between sealwolf and oscar (AI) is very impressive. I think the AI is much smarter than vanilla. You can see the torpedo evasion maneuvering of the oscar, during which he even remembered to counter-fire with waterfall missiles when close to surface!



from 8.00 - 20:00.
SKIPPER80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:26 AM   #20
banryu79
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 549
Downloads: 82
Uploads: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIPPER80 View Post
Found a latest video with Epic Mod 2.11 in youtube, in which the dual between sealwolf and oscar (AI) is very impressive. I think the AI is much smarter than vanilla. You can see the torpedo evasion maneuvering of the oscar, during which he even remembered to counter-fire with waterfall missiles when close to surface!



from 8.00 - 20:00.
Wow, looks like the AI is really smart.
In both the sub vs sub duel it is impressive the efforts the AI puts in trying to evade the torpedoes.

If you lose the wire I have the feeling that the AI can actually evade them as effectively as the human player usually do.

One thing I do not like was seeing the player controlling the seawolf launch a torpedo at a big angle while running at 20 knots and the wire didn't brake... this makes things t bit too easy IMHO.
banryu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:58 AM   #21
SKIPPER80
Swabbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 9
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by banryu79 View Post
Wow, looks like the AI is really smart.
In both the sub vs sub duel it is impressive the efforts the AI puts in trying to evade the torpedoes.

If you lose the wire I have the feeling that the AI can actually evade them as effectively as the human player usually do.

One thing I do not like was seeing the player controlling the seawolf launch a torpedo at a big angle while running at 20 knots and the wire didn't brake... this makes things t bit too easy IMHO.

It kept changing depth in big range with continuously deploying decoys, which makes it very difficult for human players to maintain contact if with passive sonar. Without 3D camera’s help, the torpedoes could have lost the target already.

Last edited by SKIPPER80; 05-26-2020 at 08:12 PM.
SKIPPER80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:13 PM   #22
steel shark
Bosun
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Uk
Posts: 69
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 8
Default realism

yes this is a massive improvement over stock but is wildly out on many factors for instance :

Torpedo reload times , wire Break Threshold , Max Depths , Submarine weapon Load,s ect

However this Mod Represents a Major Improvement Platform for cold waters im quite deep in to the things that have been changed and its is very impressive

my only additions really will be much more better accurate weapons & vessels and maybe Thermal Torpedo's and under water Flare Decoy,s so like Aircraft flare,s vs heat seeker missiles but Navy Versions of Aquatic Flares vs Underwater thermal seeking torpedo's

deployable self propelled mines are a thing im toying with also you could send em in on coming ships paths then when targets are within proximity sensor range they self propel them self's at the target

And real world extensive Countermeasure systems also better hud and information displays for weapons and controls for each era or submarine types so analog and digital systems.

the other aim im going for is so its very important to identity your targets so you know what weapons you are up against

i may make lock mod so you can only view your own sub external

so you cant see what your weapons are doing bar on conditions and map displays so no more all my weapons have Cameras in the nose and then use them like fly by wire underwater attack planes i recon with out that feature the hit rates will fall of quite a bit.

Last edited by steel shark; 05-26-2020 at 04:31 PM.
steel shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:19 PM   #23
SKIPPER80
Swabbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 9
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel shark View Post
yes this is a massive improvement over stock but is wildly out on many factors for instance :

Torpedo reload times , wire Break Threshold , Max Depths , Submarine weapon Load,s ect

However this Mod Represents a Major Improvement Platform for cold waters im quite deep in to the things that have been changed and its is very impressive

my only additions really will be much more better accurate weapons & vessels and maybe Thermal Torpedo's and under water Flare Decoy,s so like Aircraft flare,s vs heat seeker missiles but Navy Versions of Aquatic Flares vs Underwater thermal seeking torpedo's

deployable self propelled mines are a thing im toying with also you could send em in on coming ships paths then when targets are within proximity sensor range they self propel them self's at the target

And real world extensive Countermeasure systems also better hud and information displays for weapons and controls for each era or submarine types so analog and digital systems.

the other aim im going for is so its very important to identity your targets so you know what weapons you are up against

i may make lock mod so you can only view your own sub external

so you cant see what your weapons are doing bar on conditions and map displays so no more all my weapons have Cameras in the nose and then use them like fly by wire underwater attack planes i recon with out that feature the hit rates will fall of quite a bit.
Seems like EM has introduced some improvement regarding wire-breaking, see following from config
"//After this time (in seconds) game makes wire break on run checks every minute. Actual time when you're guaranteed your (and AI's) wires will not break on run is 60 sec more
//Default is 240
ReliableWireTime=480"

Anyway, EM is a huge step up from vanilla in main perspective.
SKIPPER80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:28 PM   #24
M134
Watch
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 21
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default

2.12 is out
https://steamcommunity.com/app/54121...2783353652594/
First test of RPG mode in campaign 006
M134 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:35 PM   #25
SKIPPER80
Swabbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 9
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M134 View Post
2.12 is out
https://steamcommunity.com/app/54121...2783353652594/
First test of RPG mode in campaign 006


On the way to CWX!
SKIPPER80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:51 AM   #26
steel shark
Bosun
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Uk
Posts: 69
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 8
Default Options in Epic Mod

these are the translated Folder options in the Epic mod id all ready converted these on 2.11 for Epic Waters

1. The main mod - Epic Mod 2.12

2. Add. option - Unidentified enemy contacts on campaign map

3. Add. option - Transparency of water TRANSPARENT (underwater visibilty like in vanilla)

4.1 Add. option - Dashboards HORIZONTAL (All 3 control panels are visible and are at the bottom of the screen)

4.2 Add. option - Dashboards RIGHT IN COLUMN (All 3 control panels are visible and are attached to the right of minimap)

5.1 Add. option - English voice acting

5.2 Add. option - EnglishUI + EnglishVoices

5.3 Add. option - EnglishUI + EnglishVoices + MetricSystem

5.4 Add. option - EnglishUI + RussianVoices + MetricSystem

Last edited by steel shark; 05-29-2020 at 09:33 AM.
steel shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2020 Subsim