Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-24, 02:32 AM   #7591
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
It's your money. Put your life savings into it!
It doesn't cost anything to join Truth Social, unless Letitia James decides to send her flying monkeys after me or something?

Old 03-23-24, 03:56 AM   #7592
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
It doesn't cost anything to join Truth Social,

Lesson number one for any internet user: if the service doesn't cost any money, you'll pay with your data - all of it. And considering how much others are willing to pay for your data it might be worth more than you think.

Last edited by Ostfriese; 03-23-24 at 04:06 AM.
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-24, 06:27 AM   #7593
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
Lesson number one for any internet user: if the service doesn't cost any money, you'll pay with your data - all of it. And considering how much others are willing to pay for your data it might be worth more than you think.
Most of the places already harvesting my data I'm not fond of, at least I'll be of like mind with this one. Now if I start getting telephone calls from every two bit budget cave-in republican I might change my mind.

Old 03-23-24, 06:47 AM   #7594
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Lev Parnas predicts what’s on the horizon for ex-allies Trump and Giuliani: ‘Prison and jumpsuits’

Quote:
Lev Parnas has offered a scathing prediction for what’s looming in the near future for former president Donald Trump and former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani.

“Prison and jumpsuits,” he said. “They will be cellmates for the rest of their lives.”

The Ukrainian-American businessman and former close associate of Mr Giuliani spoke to The Independent after giving fiery testimony this week at a House Republican impeachment hearing into President Joe Biden.

During the House Oversight Committee’s 20 March hearing, Mr Parnas did not mince his words.

He testified that he had found “precisely zero proof of the Bidens’ criminality”.

But, instead he claimed that Mr Trump, Mr Giuliani and their associates “lied to” the American people when they pushed falsehoods “knowing it would undermine the strength of our nation”.
He said that Mr Giuliani, then Mr Trump’s personal lawyer, was “tasked” with “finding dirt” on the Bidens ahead of the 2020 presidential election.

Mr Trump and his allies then planned to use this information to “damage the Bidens’ reputations and secure the 2020 election for Trump,” Mr Parnas told the committee.

Speaking to The Independent on Friday, Mr Parnas said that it was poignant that Mr Trump, who has a penchant for posting on his Truth Social platform, “has not tweeted, not made one comment about me after the testimony.”

He said he believes that the former president hasn’t publicly remarked on his testimony for one of two reasons.

“Either he’s a coward…because he’s scared for the truth to come out,” he said. “Or maybe dementia has set in, and he just doesn’t remember who I am.”

His comments about Mr Trump and Mr Giuliani come as the pair face a mountain of legal battles.

In Georgia, where they are codefendants in a sprawling RICO case, they are each facing decades in prison. They have both pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The Independent has reached out to representatives for Mr Trump and Mr Giuliani for comment.

Aside from the 2024 Republican frontrunner and his former associate, Mr Parnas also slammed members of Congress in his testimony, accusing Rep Pete Sessions, former Rep Devin Nunes and Senator Ron Johnson of having “understood they were pushing a false narrative” in the runup to the 2020 election.

Asked how these elected officials should be held to account, Mr Parnas told The Independent: “We should have a congressional hearing on how Russian disinformation could get into the halls of Congress, the DOJ and the FBI and be used to impeach a sitting US president of false Russian information.”

He questioned whether or not individuals did this “knowingly” or “willingly”.

“Or was it just because they’re blatantly incompetent, stupid?” Mr Parnas asked.

“The only information ever pushed about the Bidens and Ukraine has come from Russia and Russian agents, which everyone sitting here today knows,” Mr Parnas testified on Wednesday, pointing to the recent indictment of former FBI informant Alexander Smirnov.

Earlier this year, Mr Smirnov was charged with providing “false derogatory information” about the Bidens’ business dealings. His arrest dealt a huge setback to the Republican-led probe, which so far has seen unsuccessful efforts to support allegations of the Biden family members’ corruption.

Mr Parnas reflected that, after sitting through the eight-hour long hearing: “I was truly disappointed. I’m embarrassed for our country.”

“The world saw a kangaroo court,” he said, adding that he believes Republicans are using the inquiry as “a political sham” rather than to seek the truth.

“They have no evidence, they don’t have the votes and it needs to stop,” he said.

At the chaotic hearing, Democratic Rep Stephen Lynch went so far as to say that the impeachment effort has “actually provided more evidence to impeach Donald Trump for a third time than you have in so much as laying a glove on Joe Biden“.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...217e2dc2&ei=20

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-24, 10:58 AM   #7595
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Republicans are close to losing the majority in the House with another defection. Keep up the good work.

Wisconsin Republican Congressman Mike Gallagher is leaving April 12 because of the Donald Trump and MAGA takeover of the GOP.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-24, 07:16 AM   #7596
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Republicans are close to losing the majority in the House with another defection. Keep up the good work.

Wisconsin Republican Congressman Mike Gallagher is leaving April 12 because of the Donald Trump and MAGA takeover of the GOP.

I'm sure the deep state is hard at work looking extensively into every single republican so as to get them to simply quit instead of reveal whatever secrets they might have from their past. Taxpayer funds being used against taxpayer elected officials. Our "protectors" certainly aren't busy checking the ISIS credentials of folks flowing over our border.
Old 03-24-24, 07:34 AM   #7597
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Biden signs trillion-dollar budget, calls on Congress to pass Ukraine aid bill

Quote:
Today, March 23, President of the United States Joe Biden signed a $1.2 trillion government funding bill approved by the Senate. He also called on the House of Representatives to unblock the bill to provide support for Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan.

The American president "clearly stated" that Congress has not yet completed its work.

"The House of Representatives must pass a bipartisan supplemental funding bill," Biden said, referring to the bill to fund aid for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan, which Republicans oppose.

The US President noted that the budget bill signed today, which made it possible to avoid a shutdown, is "a compromise, which means neither side got everything it wanted."

Budget law to avoid a shutdown
Yesterday, the US House of Representatives passed a $1.2 trillion bill to spend $1.2 trillion on government agencies. This step will prevent a temporary shutdown of the government.

After that, the US Senate approved the corresponding bill today.

Question about US assistance to Ukraine
Earlier it was reported that the US Congress has been unable to provide new funding for Ukraine for several months.

A bill for $60 billion in military and financial assistance to our country has recently passed the Senate. But the House of Representatives refuses to consider it.

Speaker of the House Mike Johnson promised that the issue of aid to Ukraine would be taken up in Congress immediately after the budget vote.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...13873c58&ei=24

Old 03-24-24, 11:27 AM   #7598
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
I'm sure the deep state is hard at work looking extensively into every single republican so as to get them to simply quit instead of reveal whatever secrets they might have from their past. Taxpayer funds being used against taxpayer elected officials. Our "protectors" certainly aren't busy checking the ISIS credentials of folks flowing over our border.
Sure, blame anyone and anything else but the failure that MAGA and all this Trumpery represents.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 12:52 PM   #7599
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Poll shows 40% of black voters don't want to vote in the 2024 election

Quote:
A new poll indicates a group of Joe Biden's staunchest supporters - black Americans - are not feeling very enthusiastic about voting in 2024, possibly spelling trouble for the president's re-election effort. After losing the first two primaries in 2020, black voters handed Biden his first primary victory in South Carolina.

That watershed moment supercharged Biden's campaign and helped him beat out a crowded field to secure the nomination and later the presidency. Over 80 percent of black voters backed Biden in 2020. Now, as Biden has a firm grip on the Democrat party as he heads into a rematch against former President Donald Trump , that cohort of black voters may not show up.

A poll released Monday from In Our Own Voice: National Black Women’s Reproductive Justice Agenda with PerryUndem found that just 59 percent of black voters are 'almost certain' to vote this fall and 12 percent 'will probably' vote. The results indicate that around 40 percent of black voters are not certain they will cast votes in the 2024 elections.

Additionally, 30 percent of respondents indicated the upcoming elections are not that important. And as Biden has ostracized some potential supporters over his stance on the Israel-Hamas war, some voters revealed they have considered withholding their vote as an act of protest. Nearly 20 percent said they have considered withholding their vote, according to the poll.

That number shoots up to 25 percent among younger voters. Biden's handling of the Israel-Hamas conflict heavily divided black voters with a third approving of his response, a third disapproving and a third unsure. The poll, which surveyed over 1,000 black adults, also provided insights into how the president is performing with younger votes.

Only 38 percent of voters aged 18 to 29 said they were almost certain to vote, while just 17 percent indicated they will probably vote. That means that nearly half of black voters in that age group are not committed to voting this cycle. When asked if they had to vote immediately, just 44 percent of young black voters responded they would vote for Democrats.

Of that group, 37 percent said they were unsure or they would not vote. When accounting for all those surveyed, 63 percent have a favorable view of Joe Biden while 35 percent view him unfavorably. The number one issue for black voters in 2024 is the cost of living. Racial justice, health care and education also ranked among the top voting concerns.

Trump, on the other hand, has surged with black voters recently. A March poll from the New York Times/Siena showed that 23 percent of black voters would vote for the former president . A similar poll conducted by the same firms in July 2023 found that 12 percent of black voters would vote for Trump, indicating he is picking up votes as his campaign charges on.

Further, a December AP-NORC poll found that 25 percent of black voters approved of Trump, up from 18 percent in 2021. In the 2020 election, just eight percent of black Americans voted for Trump, according to Pew Research data.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other...&ei=21#image=1

Old 03-28-24, 09:32 AM   #7600
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Chris Christie makes decision on whether to run against Trump and Biden as third-party 'No Labels' candidate after weeks of consideration

Quote:
Chris Christie has decided that he will not run on a third-party ticket with No Labels in 2024.

No Labels has had a hard time finding a candidate willing to headline their prospective 'unity ticket,' which ideally would include both a centrist Republican and moderate Democrat running together as president and vice president.

Former New Jersey Gov. Christie, a Republican, is the latest to withdraw his name from consideration after several others did the same before him.
'While I believe this is a conversation that needs to be had with the American people, I also believe that if there is not a pathway to win and if my candidacy in any way, shape or form would help Donald Trump become president again, then it is not the way forward,' Christie said in a statement on his decision.

It comes after No Labels' Founding Chairman and former Democratic Senator from Connecticut Joe Lieberman died at the age of 82 on Wednesday following complications from a fall.

Lieberman was leading the effort to find an alternative candidate to former President Donald Trump and President Joe Biden in 2024.

Among others to turn down the offer or be reached for consideration from the group include Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.V.), former Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney (R), former Republican Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, former Democrat Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick and Arizona Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, who changed her party affiliation from Democrat to independent and announced she will not run for reelection in 2024.

There are few remaining high-profile options for No Labels to tap for a centrist presidential ticket in November despite widespread public sentiment and polling that shows Americans don't want either of the mainstream options in a 2020 rematch between Biden and Trump.

'I believe we need a country that once again feels like everyone has a stake in what we're doing and leadership that strives to bring people together, instead of using anger to divide us,' Christie said in a statement on rejecting the No Labels pursuit.

Christie, who ended his Republican presidential primary bid in January, spent the last few weeks exploring whether he instead wanted to pursue a third-party bid with No Labels as the organization upped courtship for his candidacy.

This week, Christie made his decision.

The former governor's team commissioned polling in 13 states, calculated a theoretical campaign budget and concluded that for a third-party bid to be successful it would need to win 20 to 25 states, people involved detailed to The Washington Post.

While Christie does acknowledge there is appetite for a third choice in 2024, he concluded there is not a practical path to victory for him.

'I am going to make sure that in no way do I enable Donald Trump to ever be president of the United States again. And that's more important than my own personal ambition,' he said in January when ending his campaign.

He said he would not cast his ballot for Trump 'under any circumstances' but added: 'I can't see myself voting for President Biden, either.'

No Labels leaders have put a deadline for the first weeks in April to decide whether to nominate a presidential ticket.

The group has cautioned it will not continue its efforts if they cannot recruit someone with a path to winning. It was thought in recent weeks that Christie might be that candidate.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...1262451a&ei=21

Old 03-28-24, 10:40 AM   #7601
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

"Chris Christie" and "run" just makes me think of this scene from Zombieland.