SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-07-18, 08:45 AM   #16
Imarider
Mate

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 0

If you want clouds with some random variations, set in each (for sure) campaign . mis file following: Clouds=1, CloudsRand=2
Imarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-19, 02:53 PM   #17
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The MIS files engines847, are in the "GameFolder/ Data/ Campaigns/ CampaignGE/ CampaignData" folder. However, a couple things:
Which .mis file you were referring was that..?

I've got 106 .mis files in that directory.

After I've installed OMEGU the water change into cartoonish looking and the weather (along with the clouds) also gone.
arief.satriyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-19, 10:48 PM   #18
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Yeah, I don't use OMEGU on top of OM anymore because of that same issue on my computer. But yes, those are the mis files. You wouldn't have to mess with the ones in that main folder though, maybe go through the folders and mis files in the PatrolObjectives folder, and change a few of those. Those are the files that load when you get assigned a patrol, and would be the last file loaded (I think... - a mind is a terrible thing to waste). I wouldn't even mess with those though, unless you want to do the North Sea ones, and have some rough weather up there...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-19, 01:36 AM   #19
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by arief.satriyo View Post
After I've installed OMEGU the water change into cartoonish looking and the weather (along with the clouds) also gone.
Without OMEGU, water is back to awful vanilla cartoonish here...it’s a no go!
OMEGU environment rendering is almost as nice as the FOTRSU one (on my computer anyway)
I’ve got weather changes all the 2/3 days (with clouds or not) as far as i play no more than X1024 TC.

I could try to borrow FOTRSU environment in place of OMEGU files just to see any improvements , but i suspect all the OM sensors for AI and player are set for OMEGU...and could brake the gameplay.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-19, 08:04 AM   #20
propbeanie

On my computer, FotRSU looks fantastic, and OMEGU looks like someone sneezed blue saturation. Which video card do you have Fifi? I've got an nVidia 560ti on the one, and onboard Intel on the laptop. I have not tried OMEGU on the new laptop or the old (old old) desktop with its even older ATI AIW... Your screen shots look fantastic.

Old 04-27-19, 08:25 AM   #21
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
On my computer, FotRSU looks fantastic, and OMEGU looks like someone sneezed blue saturation. Which video card do you have Fifi? I've got an nVidia 560ti on the one, and onboard Intel on the laptop. I have not tried OMEGU on the new laptop or the old (old old) desktop with its even older ATI AIW... Your screen shots look fantastic.
...and i’m Always disappointed by my screen shot! The rendering is always better watching screen live

I have an Nvidia 1050 Ti and a really good Samsung SynchMaster SA 850 for the screen rendering.
Old 04-27-19, 09:48 AM   #22
propbeanie

Very nice, but a similar set-up to mine - just over twice as powerful - ... May-haps I'll have to dig OMEGU out once again, and see what it looks like now...

Old 04-27-19, 10:33 AM   #23
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

Icon9

Quote:
You wouldn't have to mess with the ones in that main folder though, maybe go through the folders and mis files in the PatrolObjectives folder, and change a few of those. Those are the files that load when you get assigned a patrol, and would be the last file loaded (I think... - a mind is a terrible thing to waste). I wouldn't even mess with those though, unless you want to do the North Sea ones, and have some rough weather up there...
I only playing as part of Gruppe Monsun that operate mostly in Indian Ocean. Which .mis file should I edit for that purpose..? And what, how those value (in .mis file) change the weather..? I'm looking to recreate realistic weather here particularly in Indian Ocean

Quote:
OMEGU looks like someone sneezed blue saturation.
Yeach that also how the water look like for me
Old 04-27-19, 06:12 PM   #24
propbeanie

I wouldn't bother with editing the mis files, and I do not recall which files are actually used for the Monsun Gruppe boats. There are all sorts of "Indian Ocean" PatrolObjectives files, but most of the ones from Stock are not used, so it's almost a waste of your time to try and edit the files.

I would be very tempted, if it was my computer and SH4 install, to de-activate all of the OMEGU and OM mods. Then un-install Silent Hunter 4 from the computer. Then delete the "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" folder, or where ever you happen to have your Save folder. After that, re-install SH4, making certain to NOT put it in a Program Files folder. Edit the install path yourself, and install in a folder you made. Then bring back in JSGME, LAA (read CapnScurvy's Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install thread) & MultiSH4 (if you use it). Run JSGME and use the "Create snapshot" ~before~ you add any mods.

After that, add your mods, being certain that the folders are all correct. Look-out for folders double-named, such as "MODS \ OMv705_to_V720 \ OMv705_to_V720", and remember that some of lurker_hlb3's mods are inside a "collection" folder, such as the "OMEGU_v300_pkg", which holds eight (8) mods inside of it...

I would do the "base" OM, updates and patches only initially, and see what it looks like. Delete the Save folder again, and add-in OMEGU, updates and patches and run it again. Then you could add in other mods and see what things look like. Be sure to delete the Save folder between changes!

Old 04-28-19, 04:01 PM   #25
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

Quote:

I would be very tempted, if it was my computer and SH4 install, to de-activate all of the OMEGU and OM mods. Then un-install Silent Hunter 4 from the computer. Then delete the "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" folder, or where ever you happen to have your Save folder. After that, re-install SH4, making certain to NOT put it in a Program Files folder. Edit the install path yourself, and install in a folder you made. Then bring back in JSGME, LAA (read CapnScurvy's Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install thread) & MultiSH4 (if you use it). Run JSGME and use the "Create snapshot" ~before~ you add any mods.

After that, add your mods, being certain that the folders are all correct. Look-out for folders double-named, such as "MODS \ OMv705_to_V720 \ OMv705_to_V720", and remember that some of lurker_hlb3's mods are inside a "collection" folder, such as the "OMEGU_v300_pkg", which holds eight (8) mods inside of it...

I would do the "base" OM, updates and patches only initially, and see what it looks like. Delete the Save folder again, and add-in OMEGU, updates and patches and run it again. Then you could add in other mods and see what things look like. Be sure to delete the Save folder between changes!
At this point I've already re install the entire game for the 5th time already (including save games folder). Furthermore I've always unzip every mods in separate physical hardrive and break it down the sub-mod separately before copy-paste them to the game mods folder. I'm fully aware of the directory structure. And LAA also isn't relevant for my system which only have 2 GB of RAM

At this point I no longer using OMEGU since it keep broken any kind of weather, not to mention the unrealistic looking water compare to the stock water.
Old 04-28-19, 04:25 PM   #26
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
At this point I no longer using OMEGU since it keep broken any kind of weather, not to mention the unrealistic looking water compare to the stock water.
OMEGU water: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...0&postcount=31

Where do you see unrealistic looking water?
Old 04-28-19, 09:45 PM   #27
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
OMEGU water: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...0&postcount=31

Where do you see unrealistic looking water?
That water
Old 04-29-19, 12:56 AM   #28
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
That water
so we don’t have the same unrealistic sensibility...
Old 04-29-19, 08:47 AM   #29
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

Icon2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
so we don’t have the same unrealistic sensibility...
The OMEGU water look fine if it's view from above (at some distance) and in blue water environment. However, when viewed from the bridge it's look unrealistic (I only play at 100% realism) it needs more ripples and foams, and that what the stock water has, it's a compromise look between blue water & green water environment.

Some example of what the coastal area of Indian Ocean basin look ;

I apologize for the quality, I'm no good at landscape photography
Old 04-29-19, 10:05 AM   #30
Fifi
Navy Seal

I see what you mean.
You will never have the real water rendering in any Silent Hunter, nor in any environment mod additional...because it’s impossible!
The water rendering is the harder stuff to model and render
Not to say our computers aren’t enough powerful for such modeling.
For instance, i’m Not fan of SH5 TWOS water (even if it’s not that bad)...nor SH3...the ones wich gets closer to the reality (to my taste) are still the FOTRSU/OM+OMEGU ones
That’s just programming limitations