SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-13-17, 09:47 PM   #61
Shadriss
A-ganger

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Submarines Once, Submarines Twice, eh, Senior?

Totally agree with Shipkiller. Regardless of the flag flown over the hull, a submariner is a submariner. I was in the fleet when the KURSK went down, and the Bangor area held a Bell-Ringing for their crew within days of the event. I shudder to think about the crew aboard her, or the ones aboard the two Indian KILOs that all but exploded next to the pier; they get the same emotions I get for those on the SAN FRANCISCO, the HARTFORD, the NEWPORT NEWS or any other US sub that has ever been in an incident.

Kapitan, if I gave the impression I thought everything US was better than everything Russian, I will apologize for that, cause it certainly wasn't my intention. As you say - there are things that both sides excelled at. I had a Chief who said that had there been a war, it would have been Quality vs Quantity... and that Quantity has a Quality of it's own. I'm just as glad it never got to that point.
IMF PACNORWEST
USS ALASKA (SSBN-732 GOLD)
USS ALABAMA (SSBN-731 GOLD)
NAVAL OCEAN PROCESSING FACILITY, WHIDBEY ISLAND
USS TENNESSEE (SSBN-734 GOLD)
Shadriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 03:35 AM   #62
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 135

Kapitan - I use only real data from first hand. And write about few. Can say, that US Mark-48 Mod.7 CBASS is elderly torpedo in reality, but in USA not know now about, so not know data about modern Russian torpedoes. I can say, that it good, so if war starting US submarines would be easy sunk. British Spearfish torpedo is outdate now. UK wish buy US Mk-48 torpedoes, but can not made this. For replace Spearfish.
Soviet unguided torpedoes VA-111 Shkval now not use, so we have more modern guided rocket torpedoes like Shkval.
If you read data about torpedoes before 1989 year, so can read, that Mk-48 not supertorpedo, but ordinary torpedo in world. Soviet and Russian secret regime about modern torpedoes good, and in west not know real data about moder our weapons. Few days ago in Russia say, that in service Fizik-2 torpedo now. What you know about?

May be you know data about other modern Russian torpedoes? No. You not know about. But think, that elderly US Mk-48 and outdate UK Spearfish torpedoes best. It is very very good! Excellent. Continue think so and more! When war start our victory would be easy.
denis_469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 04:01 AM   #63
PL_Harpoon
Engineer

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 4

I think there is a huge difference in what the public knows and believes and what military ops really think.

Generally, you always want your citizens to believe that you have the best hardware while in reality you always worry about the capabilities of "the other side".
PL_Harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 04:18 AM   #64
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL_Harpoon View Post
I think there is a huge difference in what the public knows and believes and what military ops really think.

Generally, you always want your citizens to believe that you have the best hardware while in reality you always worry about the capabilities of "the other side".
Well to take that further, even when they have the advantage any military has a vested interest in hyping up what the other side has in order to maximize its own funds, and keep your citizens thinking that they have the best.
Old 07-14-17, 12:48 PM   #65
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadriss View Post
Submarines Once, Submarines Twice, eh, Senior?

Kapitan, if I gave the impression I thought everything US was better than everything Russian, I will apologize for that, cause it certainly wasn't my intention. As you say - there are things that both sides excelled at. I had a Chief who said that had there been a war, it would have been Quality vs Quantity... and that Quantity has a Quality of it's own. I'm just as glad it never got to that point.

Quite the opposite we each have our respective opinions however i have a unique position that i have seen it from both sides, i have been on many Russian boats i have also been on British American French German Italian and Egyptian boats as well as others, in fact back in February i was at the Yokasuka naval base Japan on board some of the JDMSF and USN warships including the new Soryu class, i flew in from South Korea after visiting the new RFA Tide Spring prior to her departure for the UK (sadly didn't get a ride home)

I have the privilege of working with mainly navies but also armies and air forces across the world i currently work in Logistics basically i am a glorified Transport manager / Truck driver ! but the company i work for Works for the M.O.D and we do supply lube oils to vessels my whole trip to Seoul was to ensure the correct fittings had been placed on a 6in diameter pipe so that a road tanker could couple in and pump lube oil into the engine room (something that could have been done in Devon port but hey i aint complaining)
The reason i ended up in Yokasuka was similar reasons but to ensure Japanese and American warships could refuel from our RFA's (which you guys have been doing since what the 40's? and yes another pointless exercise)

The company i work for we transport a lot of the sensitive equipment from sites across the whole of the EU it can range from fuel oils to weapons and electronics so it does mean i am up close and personal with a lot of the equipment, back in 2011 i had to double man a truck down to Gibraltar with new "stores" i helped the crew bring it on board and for my efforts i got a ride home on HMS Tireless.

I left school at 16 and went from 2003-2006 in the merchant navy on board a roll on roll off freighter (first ship) my first trip was to Um Qasr with an assortment of equipment from helicopters to tents i then spent time changing ships mainly RO RO but also an oil tanker before being put on as full crew and then being made redundant when the line was bought out.

I am aware of what the Russians field having stood at Severodisk and seen the loading of weapons, i have been able to go onboard many submarines including the Akula (Project 971 boat) also a couple of Kilo's a Delta IV Victor III and Oscar II having seen the weapons i know who id have money on in terms of weapons ability.

The Russians have always been brash and it has worked for them in some cases they really do come up with outlandish ideas and yet make them work! no other country has a sauna and swimming pool in a submarine! no other country has a rocket torpedo and no other country holds the records for speed and depth.
What they lack in technology they make up for either in numbers or by brute force.

The West always have made thing pin point accurate where as the Russian make it practical the AK47 is a good example of that machined imperfect even their aircraft are the same, i remember back in 2013 when i went to Kubinka and saw all the trash laying around and said to one officer that two weeks prior i was at RAF / USAF Lakenheath and every where was clinically clean, he just came back to me and said our machines are built for war not too look good and in war it doesn't matter if your airfield is clean or not because war will be a big mess.

hate to say it but he has a point

and the man who said Quantity has a quality of its own is none other than dear Vladimir Lenin.

JMSDF Soryu class submarine doesnt look to bad
Yokasuka Naval Base by Blair shaw, on Flickr

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 02:53 PM   #66
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Kapitan - I can not say, that was in many foreign submarines. One only - France Rubis class what was in Severomorsk, but was in near all type Russian subs Northern fleet. And talk with commanders boats.

I know, that western propaganda not say real situation, but not worry. So in 2005 year US submarine attack our submarine in Pacific ocean. And missed torpedo. US "Mk-48 mod.6" can not hit our submarine. You not know about real torpedo data, but I have data about more then 30700 submarine attacks. Incude US attack 2005 year. Our submarine have not order for return firing, so US submarine survive. But it is was not more.

If you really have sources in US submarine force so easy can veryfied my words. And can say what US submarine attack and range and that US "Mk-48 mod.6" missed.

And I not worry about NATO torpedoes. I know about. And know their real data. And wait answer about US submarine what made attack, range attack and... confirmed missed torpedo. It is real data for torpedoes.

Last edited by denis_469; 07-14-17 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-14-17, 04:01 PM   #67
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis_469 View Post
Kapitan - I can not say, that was in many foreign submarines. One only - France Rubis class what was in Severomorsk, but was in near all type Russian subs Northern fleet. And talk with commanders boats.

I know, that western propaganda not say real situation, but not worry. So in 2005 year US submarine attack our submarine in Pacific ocean. And missed torpedo. US "Mk-48 mod.6" can not hit our submarine. You not know about real torpedo data, but I have data about more then 30700 submarine attacks. Incude US attack 2005 year. Our submarine have not order for return firing, so US submarine survive. But it is was not more.

If you really have sources in US submarine force so easy can veryfied my words. And can say what US submarine attack and range and that US "Mk-48 mod.6" missed.

And I not worry about NATO torpedoes. I know about. And know their real data. And wait answer about US submarine what made attack, range attack and... confirmed missed torpedo. It is real data for torpedoes.
Sorry dude but you've crossed over into "SAP AND IMPURIFY ALL OF OUR PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS!" territory.
Old 07-14-17, 04:09 PM   #68
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bandit View Post
Sorry dude but you've crossed over into "SAP AND IMPURIFY ALL OF OUR PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS!" territory.
I simple say, that know about. And nothing more not say And wait, when Kapitan confirmed this
About US problem - it is US problem and not my.

Now understand, that I LOL about what say US and western members this talks?
Old 07-14-17, 04:12 PM   #69
shipkiller1
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 5

Quote:
So in 2005 year US submarine attack our submarine in Pacific ocean. And missed torpedo. US "Mk-48 mod.6" can not hit our submarine. You not know about real torpedo data, but I have data about more then 30700 submarine attacks. Incude US attack 2005 year. Our submarine have not order for return firing, so US submarine survive.
Please enlighten us on the 2005 US Submarine attack on a Russian submarine????
shipkiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 04:13 PM   #70
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipkiller1 View Post
Please enlighten us on the 2005 US Submarine attack on a Russian submarine????
Who is supposed to - they know. The rest is too early to know the details. I just said that I should not go by ears.
Old 07-14-17, 04:14 PM   #71
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15

Yeah, you're gonna need a better source than "trust me".

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 04:15 PM   #72
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
Yeah, you're gonna need a better source than "trust me".
I hope, that Kapitan write detail in this topic.
Old 07-14-17, 04:15 PM   #73
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

Quote:
but I have data about more then 30700 submarine attacks
Over thirty thousand torpedo attacks?
Really?

Or is this a typo denis_469?

Really - this is a genuine question
Is it really over 30,000?

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 04:16 PM   #74
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Quote:
I simple say, that know about. And nothing more not say And wait, when Kapitan confirmed this
About US problem - it is US problem and not my.

Now understand, that I LOL about what say US and western members this talks?
Keep this up and you're going to have to answer to the Coca-Cola company
Old 07-14-17, 04:18 PM   #75
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
Over thirty thousand torpedo attacks?
Really?

Or is this a typo denis_469?

Really - this is a genuine question
Is it really over 30,000?
When I last counted was 30737 attacks. But in was in January this year. Now may be more or less. So find new attacks and find double write and delete doubles. Not only torpedo, but and gun. And other like kingstones and fire.