SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-11-12, 10:12 AM   #1
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0
Default is MK-48 ADCAP homing capable...???

I'm a new player of Sub Command, and after installing 1.08 Patch I Install SCX, but however after I play with SCX, my torpedo (MK-48 ADCAP) seem to loose it's Advanced Capability (ADCAP) I't always miss it's target (even to such harmless things such Oil Tanker, Fishing Boat, Cargo Ship)
I so frustrated to the point of confirming target position using "Show Truth" and my TMA is accurate. I even shoot torpedo from periscope depth and using radar to confirm target position and the MK-48 still miss even in active mode.

Does the MK-48 Torpedo doesn't have homing capability in SCX or it is some incompatibility with the patch 1.08....???
arief.satriyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 01:31 PM   #2
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

The Mk48 Adcap should definitely be able to home in on the target. But if it does depends on if it is in "enabled" state, or if it is prohibited by it's launch parameters like floor and ceiling depth. It automatically goes to enabled state if it passes the "Run to Enable" range away from your sub. Or you can manually switch it to enable state by a button on the Torpedo Fire Control station. Maybe it hasn't reached the default enable range yet

If it is actually launched as a passive homing torpedo then it might be to fast to detect the target. Speed should be reduced before launching.

Iirc SCX also added some doctrine code to give the Mk48 different search mode, dependant on how often the torpedo enable state was changed by the button. You should read the SCX documentation to be sure. I forgot the details on this.
Old 02-12-12, 08:22 AM   #3
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

Default uninstall SCX

the Torpedo already in active mode since lunching, and the ceiling already at 10 ft with 70 ft of floor and 100% accurate TMA bearing, course, and speed (I use radar to targeting) and it's still miss that cargo ship (which running around 10 knot)
Anyway I uninstall SCX now. To bad I was looking for mod for realism and from what I read in this forum SCX offer more realism but there is no point of realism if the torpedo is not realistic (no homing capability)
Old 02-15-12, 04:44 AM   #4
Captain Nemo
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 54

SCX is a good mod and if I was you I would persevere with it a little while longer before uninstalling it. If I were targeting a surface ship, after getting a good TMA, I would leave the run depth of the torpedo at 200 feet and not bother altering the floor (unless there are submerged vessels in the vicinity that you don't want to hit or you are in shallow water) and ceiling settings and set the torpedo to go active at around 2,000 yards before it reaches the intended target. I have missed targets with active MK-48's in SCX but they tend to be submarines.

Nemo

Sir John Slessor GCB, DSO, MC, DL
AOC-in-C Coastal Command RAF
Old 02-23-12, 04:34 AM   #5
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

Default problem solved

After clean re-Installing the whole game (Sub Command, Patch 1.08, and SCXII) the MK-48 ADCAP is homing. Somehow I mess-up with the previous installation.
Old 02-27-12, 03:58 AM   #6
Captain Nemo
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 54

Glad to hear you got the problem solved.

Nemo

Sir John Slessor GCB, DSO, MC, DL
AOC-in-C Coastal Command RAF
Old 03-26-12, 07:28 AM   #7
Gobo
Swabbie

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by arief.satriyo View Post
After clean re-Installing the whole game (Sub Command, Patch 1.08, and SCXII) the MK-48 ADCAP is homing. Somehow I mess-up with the previous installation.
I play Sub Command and Dangerous Waters without any Mods ! and I love it ! Mods LWAMI,RA,SCX2 not for my! too many bugs and not realism
Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote