SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-27-07, 02:07 AM   #1
Bellman
Sea Lord

Downloads: 220
Uploads: 0
Default Force launch.

Edit: Having difficulty phraseing the question in a manner which wont expose the
M.O. of a mission I'm working on so redrafted.

Having problems setting up the following action - After triggering 'create' SS I wish it to launch 'missiles' very quickly after its 'appearance'. So I have a radius range trigger set on the newly created Sub of say 'detect' XXX with 'Any' (?) then a script 'engage' XXX by SS with XXX** after duration say 600 secs (?). The 'duration' obviously is only for the duration of the engagement and is of no help. (** Only torps listed - I want an ASuW missile launch.)

As the launch is a 'marker' only and not a material realistic attack, it seems that I may just have to settle for triggering a ''Launch'' audio and message but that would have less impact (no pun intended).

Can anyone help please ? I would welcome any suggestions . :hmm:

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity

Last edited by Bellman; 03-27-07 at 03:08 AM.
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 04:24 AM   #2
FERdeBOER
XO

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 1

I didn't understood well... the sub You're using for the attack hasn't got missiles?

By the way, supposing you're using a sub with missiles, the best think to do this is with an "external" spotter, i.e.: create also a plane on the same side of the sub and with detection capacity.
In a mission I created (part of a campaign I hope to release soon ), I created a plane (unmaned predator in my case) close to the objetive and then the script "if predator detects xxxx with any, engage xxxx by (subxx) with missiles".
Then, when the missiles are in the air, I removed the plane.

Make a test to see what direction and depth uses the sub for the attack and try to put your attacking sub as close at launching depth as possible. Also try different distances.

Oh! and don't forget to include the trigers directly related with a dynamic object IN the dynamic group.

I hope this is what You're asking for

EDIT: if your sub doesn't have missiles for the attack, maybe You can create a sub that has missiles close to the "real" sub and, when the missiles are on the air, remove the "simulated" sub.
Old 03-27-07, 06:02 AM   #3
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

You can run a script to give the shooting sub a solution, but that doesn't work well in my experience. Best I've found is like described above, create a 'spotter' (I use a UAV) when you create the SS, and remove it soon afterward. Even then, it's not certain that the sub will engage.

I do this in my Red Storm Rising campaign, to get Oscars to shoot from long range.
Old 03-27-07, 09:16 AM   #4
Bellman
Sea Lord

Downloads: 220

I like ''Simulated'' sub.

The prime objective is to get the missiles launched - the source is not important.
So to create an aircraft, launch and disappear it rapidly may be another solution.
But I will experiment with the spotter aircraft for the sub and various launch depths
and distances from target.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote