Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-10, 03:57 AM   #25
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default It Luchs like there's none!

Hi Friedrich!

It seems to me that there's single mission for the Luchs in the single mission menu( you'll find one single mission for the Panther, one for the Tiger II ausf B, one for the JS2 as well as the formwer single missions for a variety of tanks introduced in previous mods and the original single missions.However with the Luchs now in the ME you can easily make your own. I think we will have to wait for the campaigns and some user-made missions perhaps with new maps( that's what the modders were hinting on the Sukhoi.ru forum) to see the Luchs, Panzer 39t, the T28, the Panther, Jagdpanther,Elefant, the T34/76 1943 and Marder.Expect single missions with the Panzerschreck, bunkers and MG34 squads as well( my hunch).Again it seems that the Flakpanzer Vierling in not playable.We are missing flamethrowing tanks as well( it woudl be cool to have the Flammpanzer and it's Soviet equivalent in the game...).

There should be a way to have the grass and trees burning in the game.It 's unrealistic that during a mission with intensive firefights the houses, tanks, vehicles and soldiers burn but the trees and vegetation don't?????As well why is it that the tanks turrets never blow up like in TvsT, PE and other games.When you watch newsreels from the war you see tanks which blew apart and were decapitated by direct hits or internal explosions.????Another problem I have is with the explosions.Artillery barrages make paltry , puff sounds.There are no loud explosions when shells hit the grounds or crash on a target.The amount of flames and smoke coming off a burning tank/vehicle is also inadequate. I remember watching various documentaries and news reel and you can see plumes of smoke very high in sky and the tanks totally engulfed in flames. If I knew how I would tweak the game to have these elements of realism added to the game.The damage fx are also subdued. Tanks only show shell holes or scars where a shell has grazed the armour. No dent, no bent or twisted metal, no broken guns, torn turrets or parts.If this could be added the game play atmosphere, already good ,would be greatly enhanced....

There are excellent features in the game's effects, the cloud or mist of particles when a tank is hit, the ball of fire puffing into the air when the fuel tank or ammunition load ignite, the smoke coming out of tank that has been hit in the engine, the burning crew bailing out and running away, the tracers, the density of the explosions is satisfying, the haze of smoke during an intense battle is also amazing.The noise ambience with men screaming,machine guns rattling, tank or AT guns barking , tanks smoking or in flame etc is very compelling.But there'sstill room for improvement.

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote