SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-05-14, 06:13 AM   #16
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0

Awesome.
Quite impressive GUI.

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 07:58 AM   #17
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Downloads: 80

Hey there!
Thanks guys for the feedback! I made it for myself and so tried, and I hope you also come in handy. Maybe somewhere, and there are some bugs (one for all will not follow), but together can be corrected. Thanks for vanjast push, with the filing of his couture NYGM and I decided to rework the interface GWX. Yes, this GUI is designed for GWX and they supported, as was done on the basis of Conus' SH3GWX WS 2.3 1360x768. However, during the time of use GUI from Conus I have some files then reworked and renamed, so part of the image files from the original GWX will not work, and will show my (I did not change anything in the creation of the GUI, much time has passed and not just hard to remember that I am). But all that was renamed and remade me, everything is working correctly, your problems will not be.
To BigWalleye ..... At periscope observation I used a grid of mod from vanjast, for the attack periscope and UZO made myself based on that found on other sites, in particular Russian-speaking that were the many conversations on the optics of the German submarines. Compatible with GWX full, although much will be checked by tests, most importantly, that the main time-consuming and extensive work has already been done, to eliminate some bugs (if there are) is easier. Hours of Tycho I did not shifted, the position on the screen at a resolution of 1920x1080 abound, so there was no point them somewhere to hide, just fixed them in the right place and everything, and of course fitted a second hand look was much better. If you want to detach, it is easier to block menu_1024_768.ini G3F I322 in line Drag = false replaced by Drag = true.
fitzcarraldo, as well laugh laugh about the sextant. By the way, I look at you talking imposition Salvo.tga, so you also need to find a record with menu_1024_768.ini TDC1_2.tga and replaced by standard TDC1.tga, and my file from the TDC to remove.
In general, once again thank you all and well used, I hope, I spent my time is not wasted.
All the best and good hunting !!
P.S. I apologize for the online translation, but I think the point is made.

Last edited by Ahnenerbe; 09-05-14 at 02:11 PM.
Ahnenerbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 12:17 PM   #18
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahnenerbe View Post
Hey there!
Thanks guys for the feedback! I made it for myself and so tried, and I hope you also come in handy. Maybe somewhere, and there are some bugs (one for all will not follow), but together can be corrected. Thanks for vanjast push, with the filing of his couture NYGM and I decided to rework the interface GWX. Yes, this GUI is designed for GWX and they supported, as was done on the basis of Conus' SH3GWX WS 2.3 1360x768. However, during the time of use GUI from Conus I have some files then reworked and renamed, so part of the image files from the original GWX will not work, and will show my (I did not change anything in the creation of the GUI, much time has passed and not just hard to remember that I am). But all that was renamed and remade me, everything is working correctly, your problems will not be.
To BigWalleye ..... At periscope observation I used a grid of fashion from vanjast, for the attack periscope and UZO made myself based on that found on other sites, in particular ruskoyazychnyh that were the many conversations on the optics of the German submarines. Compatible with GWX full, although much will be checked by tests, most importantly, that the main time-consuming and extensive work has already been done, to eliminate some bugs (if there are) is easier. Hours of Tycho I did not shifted, the position on the screen at a resolution of 1920x1080 abound, so there was no point them somewhere to hide, just fixed them in the right place and everything, and of course fitted a second hand look was much better. If you want to detach, it is easier to block menu_1024_768.ini G3F I322 in line Drag = false replaced by Drag = true.
fitzcarraldo, as well laugh laugh about the sextant. By the way, I look at you talking imposition Salvo.tga, so you also need to find a record with menu_1024_768.ini TDC1_2.tga and replaced by standard TDC1.tga, and my file from the TDC to remove.
In general, once again thank you all and well used, I hope, I spent my time is not wasted.
All the best and good hunting !!
P.S. I apologize for the online translation, but I think the point is made.
Thanks Ahnenerbe for the explanation. In my desperate use of your mod, I applied it on the last position of my huge list of mods (in GWX), and yes, it overwrites some files. In particular, I need to edit the en_menu file, modified by the Hsie. patch. I need to eliminate some GUI mods and reenable your mods and do more test. But, by now, all seems work fine. Also It needs some touches in the static.cfg file in SH3 Commander (if you use it).

And yes...I see the "60"....My mind wasn´t thinking in Real Navigation...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 12:53 PM   #19
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Thanks Ahnenerbe for the explanation. In my desperate use of your mod, I applied it on the last position of my huge list of mods (in GWX), and yes, it overwrites some files. In particular, I need to edit the en_menu file, modified by the Hsie. patch. I need to eliminate some GUI mods and reenable your mods and do more test. But, by now, all seems work fine. Also It needs some touches in the static.cfg file in SH3 Commander (if you use it).

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Fitzcarraldo, I believe all the file changes needed for the h.sie patches are already in place. But NOT those required for Stiebler's patcher. And Ahnenerbe's mod doesn't touch Basic.cfg, which AFAIK is the only file affected by Static_settings.cfg. (Or do you have other, home-brewed items in Static_settings?)
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 02:42 PM   #20
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Quote:

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Fitzcarraldo, if you use the patch from h.sie v.16b1, then en_menu do not touch. This file was taken from the mod's of vanjast's, he did not edit as I have everything in Russian. I believe that many of the files on the general similarity en_menu or basic, so put on the safe side of vanjast's, where everything is spelled out. SH3 Commander I use, but himself in it, I have not got to clean up, hands do not reach, so while it is not advised.
All good !!
++ Ahnenerbe ++

Old 09-06-14, 09:00 AM   #21
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Excellent

Added to the "essentials" sticky
Old 09-06-14, 05:42 PM   #22
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Excellent

Added to the "essentials" sticky
Hi Hitman and thanks for the review !! And yet, if you have the desire and the opportunity, for its part can check, and can fix and add something? You will experience a lot more. I myself spend tests in GWX, everything seems to be ok, and suddenly that is possible to detect .... Once again thank you and all the best !!
++ Ahnenerbe ++

Old 09-09-14, 09:34 AM   #23
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Hi Ahnenerbe:

I am experiencing some CTDs in the process save - reload games in campaign. I don´t have these problems with my normal installation GWX plus MaGUI WS 1360x768.

I did a complete new installation of SH3 GWX with only your WS GUI (with MultiSH3) and I have the CTDs. In saved individual missions no problem. But in campaign, I run normally, saved the game without ships or land in sight, in surface and in control room (F2); reload and CTD after the black screen "Initializing". No SH3 Commander used in these tests.

I don´t think is a problem of memory or my PC; I have enough power for a fast work of SH5.

If some user has this problem, please post it. I don´t know if the GUI has some data or parameters not recovering in saved campaigns.

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 09-12-14, 06:05 AM   #24
Munster
Swabbie

Downloads: 432

Hi, I don't need the widescreen mod, but I really like the the officers & persicope interface with the OLC. Is it available as stand alone?
Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-14, 07:29 AM   #25
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munster View Post
Hi, I don't need the widescreen mod, but I really like the the officers & persicope interface with the OLC. Is it available as stand alone?
The officers yes (they are tga files) but the periscope interface I think not or it needs a hard work for adaptation to other resolution.

BTW I resolved the CTD problem with some tweaks to cameras.dat via S3D.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 09-13-14, 03:41 AM   #26
Haukka81
Medic

Downloads: 368

Thanks to this mod, looks really nice even my 27" 2560x1440 monitor

Can i change resolution to 2560x1440 from 1920x1080 ? Is there ini file or something like that ?

Im fine with 1920x1080 too so not big problem
Haukka81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-14, 06:22 AM   #27
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukka81 View Post
Thanks to this mod, looks really nice even my 27" 2560x1440 monitor

Can i change resolution to 2560x1440 from 1920x1080 ? Is there ini file or something like that ?

Im fine with 1920x1080 too so not big problem
Yes, there is an .ini file.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-14, 06:49 AM   #28
Santini
Medic

Downloads: 389
Uploads: 1

Quote:
The officers yes (they are tga files) but the periscope interface I think not or it needs a hard work for adaptation to other resolution.

BTW I resolved the CTD problem with some tweaks to cameras.dat via S3D.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Don't be too shy in sharing your fix
Santini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-14, 06:59 AM   #29
Haukka81
Medic

Downloads: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
Yes, there is an .ini file.
2560x1440 won't work , crashes before menu

But not big deal, looks nice in 1920x1080 , some AA and AF from nvidia panel and here we go
Haukka81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-14, 08:06 AM   #30
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini View Post
Don't be too shy in sharing your fix
I would to know if my CTDs occur also in other installations. My cameras.dat is a complicated thing, compatible with a lot of others mods...I think my resolved issue isn´t compatible with any GWX installation.

All the best.

Fitzcarraldo