Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-10-20, 04:19 AM   #1111
Dmitry Markov
Officer

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
You probably did not need another coffee on that day in your garden, eh?
Yes, that's for sure :-) Tea with buterbrod and strawberry jam served much better :-)
Old 09-10-20, 04:29 AM   #1112
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.dw.com/en/african-swine-...urg/a-54874026

But we citicised the Danes for building a much more solid fence into the ground and half a meter high at their border, while we, endlessly concerned about symbolism and migrants not getting in, left it to some relatively hilarious cord fences to the Polish border with some geegaw on them. May work with horses or roe deer - but wild boars are not impressed by these - they are quite robust.

And while I talk of it, I have seen a roa some years ago on a farm. In daylight, close to such a ragcord fenc eline. It did not care, and ducked under it when crossing it two or three times.

Germans. Berlin airport. Cord fences. Swine flu.
Old 09-10-20, 06:24 AM   #1113
Skybird
Soaring

Today we have had a big test run of the German public warning infrastructure: sirens, warning apps, stuff like that. At 11 a.m., it all should have gone to "on".

Just that in so many places, it didn't.

In many cities and towns, the sirens remained silent. Most of them had just been installed in the past years, and in a hurry, because the sirens we hzd in use during the cold war, all had been deconstructed before. The new systems were installed by companies not competent to get the job done, and maintained and controlled by political management structure incpapable to handle the task. In my own home town, the company who had build the new sirens, failed quality controls repeatedly, and for years got second chances, and more second chances, and failed them again, it just got fired a couple of days ago and a new company got tasked with the job.

Not a single siren in my town and region today. Not one.

Warning apps were once meant to replace the sirens. But a huge part of that network failed as well, it seems. No messages got sent for millions and millions, and some only received de-warnings an hour later, without ever having gotten the alarm in the first.

These techncial system were meant to warn the public of natural, technical desasters or security threats.

The only desaster we revealed today - is the system itself. And the ever increasing growth in german dilletantism and loss of technical and industrial and engineering competence.

One thing is for sure: a warning infrastructure like this is needed by nobody.

What has worked however, is the old-fashioned UKW (FM) radio. Thats the one radio they try since years to get switched off and replace it with more "modern" means of communication. Like telephones over here have almost no own telephone cable infrastructure anymore (that had its own electric supply infrastructure, which made it functioning even if the powergrid was off). Its all VoIP now, internet telephoning, that saves MONEY, hoooooray! And does not work in case of a power blackout, in case of a broken modem, an internet problem... Take out the internet, and you take out the telephone network with it. Clever! Same is true for cellphone infrastructure, its highly vulnerable, depending on the public power grid, and in parts fiunctioning internet for control and maintenance. Highly vulnerable, and in germany: many white spots even under ideal conditions.

Germany, anno domini 2020. We build the electric future. We build the new world. We build the Energiewende. Stuttgart 21. Berlin Airport. The better new electric cars. And we do not even need nuclear energy for that, and no coal, and no gas and no oil.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-10-20 at 07:14 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 03:01 PM   #1114
Skybird
Soaring

A little sesnation: the new assault rifle of thr Bundeswehr that will succeed the G36, will not be done by H+K, but the Thuringia company Haenel. They already build a sniper rifle for the BW, but is controlled by Arab money. H+K lost altough it enjoyed orivilges in supply of test munition. A third contender, Sig Sauer, pulled out, complaining about bias and double standards. Haenel won becasei their entry is quoted to be slightly better in quality, and more economical (=cheaper). Or so they say.

Notes for demanded features did not rule on a wanted callibre, but only a wanted total weight.

Bigger callibre=higher weight=less rounds in magazine possible=more penetration power and precision over the range=less ammo carried by the soldier.

Smaller callibre=lower weight=more rounds in magazine possible=less penetration and precision over the range=more ammo carried by the soldier.

Edit.

The model should be the Haenel MK556, cal 5.56. 120,000 weapons shall be bought in four steps.

The company has been bought by and now belongs to a mother group from UAE.

The rifle looks like a Lego toy.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-14-20 at 05:17 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 03:35 PM   #1115
Skybird
Soaring

Progress in our times.

http://translate.google.com/translat..._12420260.html

I do not own a car at all, sinc eI need none, but if I would buy one, I probbaly would prefer a covered waggon with two horse to pull it and two others in reserve.

One of the commentators brought it to the point: with those many pauses and long loading times, the total average travelling speed over those 630km of distance in 17 hours was 37 km/h.

If that is progress, I fear the day they start talking of milestones.
Old 09-16-20, 01:34 PM   #1116
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Wasn't really sure where to put this but seeing it's German-related I thought here might be appropriate.

Quite embarrassing as well as worrying I'm thinking.

Quote:
Twenty-nine German police officers have been suspended for sharing pictures of Adolf Hitler and depictions of refugees in gas chambers on their phones.
The officers also used far-right chatrooms where swastikas and other Nazi symbols were shared, officials in North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54174393

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 02:25 PM   #1117
Skybird
Soaring

I knew policemen in the past. Two street cops, two federal cops, a BKA guy. Already back then the frustration amongst their job groups grew, due to

- the failing justice system and judges letting offenders get away in endless repetitions,

- while the work load was mounting and

- the number of police officers was cut down and

- the left autonomous "scene" turned more and more brutal and hostile and

- respect for law and order and policeman was eroding constantly.

Many quit, if they cna afford it and get jobs in other security-related branches.

And other, well, radicalise themselves in frustrated reaction.

Its to be expected. Should not be an excuse, but an explanation.

I also knew two Bundeswehr guys years ago. Althoguh they had made a career (they both were pros) they qzuit early in frustration and anger, and started in othe professions. while being in their mid-40s.

I wish business founders and entrepreneurs would boycott this state model, and refuse to generate it a tax income by their success. Maybe that would finally ring asome wakeup bells in political parties (although a silent voice whispers to me that they wouldn't). Have you heard Super-Uschi's speech at Brussel today? They have just inflated the moeny volkume by unprecendeted means, but claim that this devaluation emans that they have the moeny to push the buggest social and idnustriual engineering experiment in history, and with the problemns we alreadsy have this year and in the following years, she decided that the problems are not massive enough, No - they must be made even worse by setting standards EVEN HIGHER...

There are several crisis at the same time alread,y all of them mounbting up. And the EU reacts with just more big-mouthed megalomania and hybris. The ordinary people and their household finances will be destroyed over this madness.

At least we now finally know what the endgame will look like. We are in it. Some more years, maybe a decade, and then the cacophonia will deafen the ears.
Old 09-16-20, 03:39 PM   #1118
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Wasn't really sure where to put this but seeing it's German-related I thought here might be appropriate.

Quite embarrassing as well as worrying I'm thinking.

Quote:
Twenty-nine German police officers have been suspended for sharing pictures of Adolf Hitler and depictions of refugees in gas chambers on their phones.
The officers also used far-right chatrooms where swastikas and other Nazi symbols were shared, officials in North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54174393
No surprise: German government bodies responsible for internal and external security have a long tradition of leaning towards the far right. This became apparent shortly after the first German republic (Weimarer Republik) had been established, led to the mild punishment of Hitler after the coup of 1923, and played a role when Reinhard Gehlen and Richard Gerken set up the Bundesnachrichtendienst (the Verfassungsschutz respectively).

Nobody with at least a minimum of knowledge of German politics can deny, that shortcomings in the police investigation of the Oktoberfestattentat 1980 were purposely committed to protect right-wing militia "Wehrsportgruppe Hoffmann", investigation of the long series of murders committed by the NSU, a group of Nazis responsible for bomb attacks and shootings between 1999 and 2007 was carried out amateurish and fragmentary. It was later discovered that undercover persons of the Verfassungsschutz were present at least at one scene of a murder. Some of the most important files on the matter were mysteriously shredded before they could be assessed.

And the lastest unsavouriness, policemen and -women sharing Nazi-Pictures and using Nazi-language on the socials that took place in Essen is not a singular case. The same has happened in Frankfurt, Offenbach and in Aachen. Removal from service, severe punishment, and loss of pension rights would take place in almost any other country, but not in good old Germany. The apparatus is rotten from the core.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 04:25 PM   #1119
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Well i always have to laugh at the so-called "de-nazification" after WW2, when everyone knew they still existed, and how the occupying powers supported just those, for whatever reason.
The Americans left Bavaria with the opinion that they would never be able to change the bavarian minds.. not hat they were Nazis but hey just refused anything proposed by bloody foreigners.

The 68 students rebellion was just a revolt against the Nazis still sitting in high positions and having their say. Of course they were denounced as leftists, incarcerated and accused of trying to overthrow the government. In reality they were harmless idiots, as secret tape recordings and illegal eavesdropping have shown, only exception being the Rote Armee Fraktion "RAF", which indeed was a left terrorist cell and assassinated politicians and CEOs they thought guilty of nazi crimes.

The so-called Verfassungsschutz was founded by the US Office of Strategic Services OSS, with the entire intention to look for and fight leftist organisations, they were and are blind on the right eye. Indeed a lot of them are members of, or suport, right wing organisations. Certain organisations have a trend to attract patriots and nationalists of a certain colour.
They are also responsible for state terrorism, especially when it comes to blame right-wing terror on the left, relating closely to other western organisations until today.

With the start of the 1970ies different education and foreign influence lead to another Germany, with the orginal Nazis slowly becoming extinct and a new spirit gaining momentum together with travels to foreign countries, studying there and the founding of the European Union.

It seems all is going backwards, not only in Germany.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 09-16-20 at 04:33 PM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 09:27 AM   #1120
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/strompreis-deutsche-zahlen-weltweit-fast-die-hoechsten-preise-a-855acda7-44b8-4995-be8e-5c58e4ae2e84

In an international comparison, German consumers have to spend an enormous amount of money on electricity. This is shown by an analysis of 126 countries that the comparison portal Verivox carried out with purchasing power-adjusted data from the energy service Global Petrol Prices and that is available to SPIEGEL.

Overall, the Federal Republic of Germany is in 16th place in the international ranking - with most of the states with even higher electricity prices being crisis-ridden developing countries in which some residents cannot afford electricity at all.

The top ten include countries such as Rwanda, Sierra Leone and Burkina Faso. The only first world country in which electricity prices are even higher than in Germany, according to Verivox, is Portugal (13th place).

Among the G20 countries, Germany is the country with the most expensive electricity - and by a large margin. In Turkey and Italy, which follow in second and third place, electricity prices are around ten cents cheaper when adjusted for purchasing power.

As a result, German consumers have to spend a larger proportion of their disposable income on electricity than customers in other wealthy EU countries. According to Verivox, the annual consumption of a one-person household (1500 kilowatt hours) accounts for around 1.2 percent of the average per capita economic output - more than twice as much as in Sweden or the Netherlands. The per capita electricity quota is higher than in Germany only in comparatively poor EU countries such as Romania or Bulgaria.

Overall, electricity prices in Germany have more than doubled since the turn of the millennium. The kilowatt hour currently costs around 32.10 cents on average in the basic supply. The reason for the price high are numerous taxes and charges such as the EEG surcharge or network charges. They now make up around two thirds of the electricity price.
The laws in Germany rule that the price will steeply rise ion the coming years. Also, it additionally gets the more expensive the more regenerative power is being produced. The more sun, the more wind - the worse it gets for the wallet.

Don't ask. Its the mental asylum named Germany, that explains it all. What has happened to "high supply and mass production cuts the costs"...? Oh yes, now I rememeber. Planned economy.

"Hobbits though shall be!"
Old 09-19-20, 12:47 PM   #1121
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I really didn't know where to post this link.

Reason why I picked this thread was this article is about a German activist Rebecca Somer and some of the refugees will soon end in Germany, Sweden, Denmark and other European countries.

It was one of my friend who posted the article on his wall.

I can not say if it's true, somehow true, or a lie...I have not been there.

https://greekcitytimes.com/2020/09/1...y-any-syrians/

Quote:
Somer emphasises that an attempt was made to blame the residents of the island for the migrant camp fire. However, she saw a video in which it appeared that there were several outbreaks of fire that erupted through the Mori camp simultaneously. She cites reports that a man and a woman from a German NGO along with Afghans and Arabs were causing fires near the tents. All illegal migrants were informed in advance to pack up and leave.
In the article there's a link to another article-German, Tichys Einblick.
Bad thing is, it's seems to be a paywall

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 12:53 PM   #1122
Skybird
Soaring

^ Tichy's Einblicke: chose the second option "Ich unterstütze bereits/I already support", and you get through. Here is the Google-translation.

http://translate.google.com/translat...XU3DhrjqtUG0hM

I strongly assumed that these fires were planned and coordinated by the migrants and activists themselves and were no randim events. Meanwhile. other camps have had fires as well, haven't they. What coincidence.
Old 10-19-20, 09:14 AM   #1123
Skybird
Soaring

Nothing much to add.

http://translate.google.com/translat...-17007954.html

While I can easily live without shake-hands for every casual greeting, I understand the symbolic relevance of this gesture in the context of our - not "theirs", but our - historically grown behavioural and habitural canon of social standards and values. Its part of what makes us as a people and culture actually "us", not somebody else. And since we talk about a life inside our cultural sphhere, region, home and however one wants to call it, it are our standards of politeness that matter here - no "theirs".

I just fear that in a time where more and more people claim they do not even understand anymore what the term "occident" means and why they are attached to this identity, this reasoning more and more gets plowed under and gets replaced with the cultural rules and "values" of some foreigners who not rarely are anything but of equal cultural civilised strandard (we have just seen it in france again). And I put "values" in brackets in the last sentence intentionally. Some things are just too primitive or racist and female-hostile for my taste as if I ennoble them by calling them cultural "value".

I nod for a greeting, or slightly indicate a bow, with friends may thrtow a hand gesture, okay, all fine with that. But in certain situations like agreeing a treaty or ending a dispute or whatever, I agree to fromally shake hands. And if the other refuses that, I take that as an affront that his mouth makes words, but in reality he means "No". And then it is "No" from me as well. you cannot violate a societies social codes and standards enbdlessly - and still claim to compyl with its standards and rules. You then do not comply, and do not adapt at all. You signal that you want to stay apart.
Old 10-19-20, 09:32 AM   #1124
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

As far as i read he declined to shake hands because the one to congratulate him was a woman (?)

I guess sympathy for his religious or whatever beliefs ends here ..

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 10:52 AM   #1125
Skybird
Soaring

Maybe she should thank him. I mean after all she nevertheless kept her head.