SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-29-20, 05:06 PM   #691
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boche View Post
Im interested in that hack...if available please thank you!
check your private messages.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 09:55 AM   #692
lederhosen
Planesman

Downloads: 422
Uploads: 0

me too pls.
Old 09-30-20, 02:53 PM   #693
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lederhosen View Post
me too pls.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 10:26 AM   #694
facupa
Swabbie

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
Sendo me please
facupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 12:42 PM   #695
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

facupa!belatedly after your long 9yr. silent run! Forgive our poor manners.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-20, 07:26 PM   #696
frigokar
Sailor man

Downloads: 66

Love the work,(especially those waves crashing on ships and subs at heavy seas).The campaign is also ruining smooth,without any hickups.I just cant enter the museum,i get a CTD when loading finishes.Not a big problem but im curios is it even still possible to enter it (given how many ships are added)?.I have the LAA patch installed.
frigokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 07:55 AM   #697
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Right-click on the SH4.exe and choose "Properties" from the context menu. See if in the "Attributes" section on that first "General" tab, if the "Read-only" box is ticked. If it is, clear it, then activate LAA again. I'll try to get the mod running on my machine later, and see if I can get into the Museum. I was almost like 99.9% certain we could enter the museum, but not 100%, of course...

In the meantime, what OS are you using, is it 32-bit or 64-bit, how much RAM do you have in the machine, and where (which folder, or "path") do you have the modded game installed?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 11:21 AM   #698
propbeanie

OK, finally got a chance to try the Museum in Dark Waters v6 (which does show as v5 on the splash screen). For whatever reason, when I attempt to capture the "splash" screen going into the Museum, no matter what mod or Stock, this is all I ever get:

However, going in with DW, you should see the "Stock" image of the IJN BB Yamato bow-on shot as a splash screen. Once in the Museum (roughly 2-4 minutes, computer dependent), you should see the US BB Iowa Class. I clicked on several ships, and grabbed the Casablanca:

Anyway, I was reasonably certain that the Museum does indeed function in Dark Waters, because that is the "gold standard" if you will, that all of the ships will display correctly in the game, if they display in the Museum. If they crash the Museum, they will likely crash the game. Now, one thing to remember about using the Museum, is that you cannot use any other aspect of the game if you use the Museum. In other words, start the game and start the Museum. When finished with the Museum, close the game. Re-start the game and then play which other aspect you want to use (Quick Mission, Patrol, Multi-Player, School, or Career). If you run a career, and then want to use the Museum, exit the game, then re-start it and ~then~ go into the Museum. The game apparently does not clear its cache between the different segments, such that even going from a Quick Mission to the Career can be problematic...

Old 10-30-20, 03:17 PM   #699
Captain Prise
Seaman

Downloads: 82
Default Resolution

Ahoy captains! I love this mod and I have been playing it for some time now however I find it quite annoying that it does not support my computer's resolution(1366x7768) as some things are out of place and hard to access. So I was wondering if it would be possible for me to be able to move things in a way that would support my resolution. I just need someone to point me in the right direction and I'll be on my merry way.
Captain Prise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 04:45 PM   #700
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Prise View Post
Ahoy captains! I love this mod and I have been playing it for some time now however I find it quite annoying that it does not support my computer's resolution(1366x7768) as some things are out of place and hard to access. So I was wondering if it would be possible for me to be able to move things in a way that would support my resolution. I just need someone to point me in the right direction and I'll be on my merry way.
Hi, glad you like it!

It was made for 1920x1080 resolution.
If you need to move gui items, better be familiar with the menu ini file, wich is a nightmare to handle (at least for me).
But maybe some one else here on forum could help you tweaking it
Other than that, only solution i could see is to choose 1920x1080...
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 09:21 PM   #701
Captain Prise
Seaman

Hi fifi first of all I'd like to say thanks for this hard work of yours. I've been to tough search into making my sh4 install about uboats. I played ksd2 and it was really great but there was a lot of bugs so I switched to something more stable. But yeah it is bothering me that I can't play it in my resolution. I have no option to switch to your suggested resolution in my setting. Is there anyway i can make it go 1920x1080? I checked my laptops resolution and it's 1360 but if I'd costumize it to 1920,would that break anything? Cause it did say it might break my laptop lol. The laptop is not built for gaming but it can handle sh4 pretty fine.
Old 10-30-20, 10:13 PM   #702
propbeanie

That 1366x768 was an interim resolution for early "wide" screen laptops. Trying to stay compatible with XGA, they called it WXGA, and kept the 768 of the 4:3 1024x768 resolution. 768 is not easily divisible for a 16:9 ratio (as you know), but they got close with 1366x768. Some display cards work better with an 8x divisor though, so you should see a "1360x768 85:48 40Hz" and "60Hz" setting. It will be slightly "off", but not by much. If you are concerned about it though. Match the Hz to what your card's "native" refresh rate is. You could add the "Windowed Mode", which would be mostly full-screened, if you are concerned about being off a pixel or two... That resolution will "crowd" things together on the screen though, and some aspects of it might be off the screen display. You cannot overdrive your display to 1920x1080, but could use an external 1920x1080 display maybe...

Last edited by propbeanie; 10-30-20 at 10:22 PM. Reason: typos typoes tie-pose
Old 10-31-20, 12:31 AM   #703
Captain Prise
Seaman

Okay so to make it clear, my options are only editing the mod itself to make it work with my resolution or get myself an external monitor?

If that is the case, then I would probably edit the mod as I do not have any extra monitors at home. With that said, maybe you could tell me what exact file/files I need to edit so I could start learning how to edit them. Hopefully, it's just one file xD
Old 10-31-20, 12:47 AM   #704
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104

Quote:
Okay so to make it clear, my options are only editing the mod itself to make it work with my resolution or get myself an external monitor?

If that is the case, then I would probably edit the mod as I do not have any extra monitors at home. With that said, maybe you could tell me what exact file/files I need to edit so I could start learning how to edit them. Hopefully, it's just one file xD

Even though I have a 1920 x 1080 monitor (16:9), I run SH4 in the highest 4:3 choice (1280 X 960) @ 60Hz. The stock game instruments were designed with the 4:3 ratio and I spent hours trying to make circular instruments look round instead of oblong. Finally gave up and just picked this highest 4:3 ratio resolution. Aside from the "sides" being somewhat unused, it's not really that bad to play it this way. Better than banging your head against the wall trying to make it conform "perfectly" to your monitor.

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 09:07 AM   #705
mazzi
Mate

Downloads: 551

Quote:
Ahoy captains! I love this mod and I have been playing it for some time now however I find it quite annoying that it does not support my computer's resolution(1366x768) as some things are out of place and hard to access. So I was wondering if it would be possible for me to be able to move things in a way that would support my resolution. I just need someone to point me in the right direction and I'll be on my merry way.
http://yadi.sk/d/cYEaq5fKL5BSPQ
mazzi is offline   Reply With Quote