Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 03-28-10, 11:52 PM   #496
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Transfer denied frinik, to the eastern front!
although when we are in 44 - 45 we will be fighting
for the Fatherland in France in some King Tigers

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 01:31 AM   #497
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Transfer denied frinik, to the eastern front!
although when we are in 44 - 45 we will be fighting
for the Fatherland in France in some King Tigers

ZW

Hi ZW,

these are the greatest news i ever heard for a tanksim. To fight in France or Ardennes in those late war tanks are my favorites. I ever loved the years of 44-45.

Man, thats fantastic. Its not only a fight against russian vehicles but also against britissh( Firefly maybe) and american ones. This means we have a really big tank park and choises of vehicles. Every Euro i invested and will invest is worth for it.

COOL

ZW if you make such kind of update news, you cant hold me any more, i cant wait to have these updates and surley discuss any problems (if there will be problems).

All members will enjoy and love your add ons (if we survive the first missions)

Thanx

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 02:12 AM   #498
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default France? I ain't entranced!

France 1944-1945???? Fighting with a 68 tons monster guzzling fuel at 500 litres per kilometre, unable to cross normal bridges and with a top road speed of 17 km/ph? While facing total Allied air supremacy( American carpet bombings or British jabos straffing you with rockets), being constantly on the retreat with shortages of fuel, supplies, spare parts, ammo, being outnumbered in manpower and material and with maquis partisans harassing you and blowing up your rail and road communications...Thanks Zee for the kind thought but I think I'll stick with the Ostfront...Vodka sounds better than Cognac.

I am flattered that you thought of me but frankly there are worthier Tiger commanders than me like Chucky, Friedrich Wilhelm or LC Summers for that glorious assignement....

However I'll gladly accept garrison duty In Norway or Denmark????
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 02:32 PM   #499
morttheslayer
Soundman

That's a lot of guns!

I have a 9800GTX+ so I will have to see how the battle goes.
I didn't expect to get away with the hardware I have for long but I'll see how other members report on performance verses rig but I have already started saving

Still as said before this sim could run for a long while (hopefully) so it's worth investing in the Hardware eventually - we'll see. Just keep yourself healthy Zee - early nights and strong coffee! I'll be interested in your own experience with the Radeon when you get it so grateful for a quick brief (if you get time).

Still love the trenches - but - that may change as they don't look healthy to be close to

Best Wishes - Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 07:41 PM   #500
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Thanks you guys,
Yes LC I know you like the latest versions of AFVs. But you know the
population of buildings, factories and whole cities and towns will
have to be on the map so that means it will be awhile. However the
animated building and bridges are the simplest to create from
scratch and of course it's the kind of thing that can be really
enjoyable. But remember it is all possible even AI aircraft battles.
After all T34 vs Tiger was built on a helicopter simulation way
back in it's genesis.

And frinic if you ever built 1/35 scale models of the Panther and
King Tiger you will see that the hull dimensions are very close.
The high fuel consumption was due to plowing through the mud of
spring thaw and the fall rains otherwise no where near 500lts per Km.
I am glad you recognize the impossible task that the Germans faced
defending their nation against such odds. And I agree Vodka for me
too.

Hey Mort, you should be ok. I will let all know how my new 4770
performs. The good news is it cost me total of $114.00 bucks.
And yes early nights would be wonderful and strong coffee is a
must.

To The Front!
ZW

Village C defenders

German FeldGun Accuracy

The Soviet ML20 152mm (again)

Old 03-29-10, 10:59 PM   #501
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default FPS

Hi Zee, just to give us a rough idea; what FPS are you getting with your new HD4770 while testing your release?

HI Mort, I checked your card specs and you should be Ok a bit on the low 20 s FPS-wise.How much do you average with the current game and ZW's past releases?

Zee sorry to contradict you but the Tiger II had an exaggerated fuel consumption which was the result of its sheer 68 tons weight( by comparison, most modern tanks like the Leopard II A6 or the Abrams M2A1 weigh less than that!).I checked and it guzzled 500 litres of fuel per 100 kilometres.With only 860 litres in the tank the driving autonomy was barely 120 kilometres at best.It was a great defensive weapon and against an enemy who did not have air superiority it would have been unbeatable.

Cheers.

Looking forward to hiding behind Mort, Chucky and the others on the front line
Old 03-29-10, 11:35 PM   #502
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

I haven't received the new HD4770 yet, Thursday at the latest. I am sorry
frinik I misunderstood the fuel figures I thought you said 500 liters(132gals) per 1 kilometer not 100 kilometers (62miles).

Although the very high fuel consumption was a fact in the mud for all Panzers
because of the high RPM in the lowest gear under extreme load this is esspeacially true with diesels too, when their RPM is over 1800. Of course
being in the mud in a 68 ton tank is the last place you want to be. But if you can make any head way at all under battle conditions some times you have to go for it.

As far as testing goes this mission will have the most basic of code instruction
of any mission I have written. Even at the lowest fps the code will work.
Tomorrow will be the last of the testing and late Wednesday all will be good to go, release time.
ZW
Old 03-30-10, 01:03 AM   #503
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Wednesday.

No apologies necessary Zee I am the one who actually made a typo; I wrote 500 litres per kilometre instead of per 100!

Mud was not a big factor in Normandy but definitely was in the Ardennes during the Bulge/Wacht am Rhein offensive. It really was a stupid waste of precious armour to use Tiger IIs in that region in December . They were all abandoned for lack of fuel or mechanical breakdowns. Had they been used instead for defensive actions either on the West or East fronts they would have been more effective.

The big day is Wednesday?????

Wow I barely have enough time to clean, shine and polish my Tiger.Sorry I have to go and check my inventory of Panzergranate 38 and 39, how many rounds of machine gun bullets , stash Chucky's gin and Lc's crutches. So many things to do to get ready...

Cheers
Old 03-30-10, 01:48 AM   #504
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Wednesday is what I am shooting for and God willing I am very anxious to
finally get a chance to play it with my new video card. Then start with the next Kursk mission. I want to make a mission with some Panthers before the
Climactic battle of Prokhorovka. I would also like to have the new Tiger E1
model ready too that is another pet project that will breath new life for the
Tiger E1 enthusiasts.

Cheers

ZW
Old 03-30-10, 03:50 AM   #505
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Welcome to the MaZeecal Mystery Tour!

Mr. MaZeec Man! On the eve of your first major release I have a few technical points to address which might be of general interest to all ZW members:

1) HE Shells. I have found in the past those shells in the stock game to be unsatisfactory.I've got the feeling that the game developers did not really pay much attention to them as there were precious little infantry and soft targets to hit anyway.As they are they lack punch and if we are going to be required to use them extensively against your massive infantry and artillery presence in the first battle I am concerned that we 'll have to use AT shells instead.Have you been able to tweak them to make them more effective or realistic.

2) Hanomag; this leads me to the question of whether the Hanomag resupply issue has been resolved?Does pressing the B key really allow you to resupply your tank?What about the other tanks in your unit will they also get resupplied?

3) Mission Goals: will the mission goals be clearly explained and defined? Will your mod incorporate the current mission succesful feature of the game?

4) Finally the Gameplay.Hopefully your new release will not be heavily scripted as the original TvsT? The player will have enough freedom to try different routes or approaches to the mission?There's nothing that can kill a game faster than repetitive missions which do not leave room for randomness and allow the player use of creativity and imagination.

Onward to crush the Bolshevik Hordes!
Old 03-30-10, 04:38 AM   #506
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Default Oh Oh Oh

Oh Oh Oh what did i hear ZW?

Wednesday is release time. Its like an angel said this to me.
1 st Kompanie angetreten, Motoren warmlaufen, we are attacking tomorrow the enemy. WOW

I must say after the battle in Russia to crawl in a King Tiger is fantastic. I am so enthusiastic because i saw that King Tiger in La Gleize / Belgium.

It is really a monster, really scaring. I know it was not made for attack but for defendibg a territory it was surpreme. It had its weakness (which tank do not having a weak point) but never mind, i know that ZW has done and is doing a fine job.

Frinic with the release of this add on i am sure we members put down our experiances on this forum. So we have a lot to write, help each other (tactics). I am looking forward till tomorrow. RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we do not hear from each other i wish to every member of ZWs TvT

a happy eastern and nice holidays

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 05:30 AM   #507
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Release the Release!

Yes Lc I share your enthusiasm and I will definitely share my experiences and may be pics as well!

As for the Tiger II it's great news.I hope we can play it too on the East fornt in 1944-1945.I also hope that we can play the Panther on any front... Pink for Lc, standard camouflage for me....

Tomorrow July 1943 it's Summerstime!

Cheers
Old 03-30-10, 01:30 PM   #508
porsche917
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Wednesday is what I am shooting for and God willing I am very anxious to
finally get a chance to play it with my new video card. Then start with the next Kursk mission. I want to make a mission with some Panthers before the
Climactic battle of Prokhorovka. I would also like to have the new Tiger E1
model ready too that is another pet project that will breath new life for the
Tiger E1 enthusiasts.

Cheers

ZW
Hi Zeewolf,

I´m even a great tank enthusiast and only just now discovered your great MOD in this forum; i even want to own this masterpiece of tanksimulation

what I have to do to be even one of those lucky users to get this mod ??

just a few days ago I realised one of my dreams and bought a 1:6 scale radio controlled Panther version G and I really hope that even this one will appear in a mod created by you

congratulations to your apprreciated work !

Michael
porsche917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 02:31 PM   #509
Panzercount
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Kursk-Yes Please

Hi Zeewolf,
I,ve been following your work on the forum since I found a thread on a PE forum, will you be offering membership again? or will I be able to buy your Kursk add on as a one off.
Many Thanks for the free mission 6 at Christmas, I had just about given up on T34 vs Tiger as a replacement for PE, But it looks like your about to fill that gap.

Many Thanks P
Old 03-30-10, 02:41 PM   #510
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche917 View Post
Hi Zeewolf,

I´m even a great tank enthusiast and only just now discovered your great MOD in this forum; i even want to own this masterpiece of tanksimulation

what I have to do to be even one of those lucky users to get this mod ??

just a few days ago I realised one of my dreams and bought a 1:6 scale radio controlled Panther version G and I really hope that even this one will appear in a mod created by you

congratulations to your apprreciated work !

Michael
Hello Michael,
Oh man I would love to have one of those, but it's not possible
for here in an apartment and of course "no tango denerro".
But I figured that if you pay $50.00 for a membership that will
end January 31 2011 plus $10.00 I will give you all my Kursk
releases until 1-31-2010. And then if you renew your membership
on or before that date you will receive everything I release
for that year.

How about that?

ZeeWolf