Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
read in yellow pls

regards
Thanks stoianm. I'll try the mod you recommended for fire effects.

As far as the monitor resolution I use 1440x1900. Is there a submod within TDW's UI mod that I need to enable? I'll check the installation directions again. That sounds like it could be the problem because the stad measurments are WAY off for me.

I already lowered some of the graphics settings but I'm starting to think that my Video card may not be up to the job so that could be the problem. I'm running a 9800GT (1GB). The game runs pretty well but I'm getting extremely high temps on the card (92 degrees Celsius). I'm actually going to get a new card (GTX 460) soon so maybe that will help.

Got another question. Which environment mod has the "greenish" underwater colors? Is it yours or w_clear's mod?

Thanks for all your help.
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 06:20 AM   #977
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post

As far as the monitor resolution I use 1440x1900. Is there a submod within TDW's UI mod that I need to enable? I'll check the installation directions again. That sounds like it could be the problem because the stad measurments are WAY off for me.
try to enable the Manos scopes - patch for 4x3 from tdw new uis 6.3.7 scopes
I already lowered some of the graphics settings but I'm starting to think that my Video card may not be up to the job so that could be the problem. I'm running a 9800GT (1GB). The game runs pretty well but I'm getting extremely high temps on the card (92 degrees Celsius). I'm actually going to get a new card (GTX 460) soon so maybe that will help.
try to down and use this software for here:
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

it is working with all types of vga... use this one to control your vga temp... if you make the corects settings on it your vga card tempearture will be not more than 71 degrees (this if your vga card have an fan on it)

Got another question. Which environment mod has the "greenish" underwater colors? Is it yours or w_clear's mod?
for greenish underwater use this mod from here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1728
Thanks for all your help.
read in yellow pls

regards

EDIT: for the scopes use the one that TDW sugested ... you confused me because you writted that you have 1440x1900 but propably you have 1440x900
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 06:20 AM   #978
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:

You need to enable the Manos Scopes-patch for 8x5 add-on mod so that your stadimeter readings are accurate.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 06:36 AM   #979
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

stoianm, you are correct...my resolution is 1440x900. 1900 was a typo.

I'll try that software for the video card. I've never had an overheating problem like this on any other games. I'm also getting random CTDs that reboot the computer. I think it's because of the GPU temps so I'll try this fix you suggest.

Thanks to you and DarkWraith for your suggestions on all this. I'll try the manos scopes. I appreciate the quick and helpful responses to my questions. That's why I like this forum so much. Your mods are great too.

Old 03-16-11, 07:14 AM   #980
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Follow on question regarding the stadimeter...since there is no SCAF equivalent in SH5 to tell you where to measure on a ship, what point on the ship should we be measuring from? The mast? The stack?
Old 03-16-11, 07:17 AM   #981
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Follow on question regarding the stadimeter...since there is no SCAF equivalent in SH5 to tell you where to measure on a ship, what point on the ship should we be measuring from? The mast? The stack?
put the horizontal line of scope on the water line and after that move near the most highr point of ship... before doing this... identify target and use SOAN to send mast height to tdc
Old 03-16-11, 07:43 AM   #982
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
put the horizontal line of scope on the water line and after that move near the most highr point of ship... before doing this... identify target and use SOAN to send mast height to tdc
Ok. thanks.

So without a positive identification the stad is useless, correct? If I can't ID a ship I switch to the constant bearing method or I use sonar to ping for a range. I'm a US fleetboat guy so this question will probably seem dumb....does the uboat have the ability to ping a target for range in sonar?
Old 03-16-11, 07:47 AM   #983
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Ok. thanks.

So without a positive identification the stad is useless, correct? If I can't ID a ship I switch to the constant bearing method or I use sonar to ping for a range. I'm a US fleetboat guy so this question will probably seem dumb....does the uboat have the ability to ping a target for range in sonar?
in sh5 the ping is not working... not exist something like this in sh5... you must identify the ship to use the corect mast height when you use stadi

if you are speackin how to track course, speed, range etc with hydro then i sugest you to use the 4 bearing methode
Old 03-16-11, 07:51 AM   #984
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
in sh5 the ping is not working... not exist something like this in sh5... you must identify the ship to use the corect mast height when you use stadi

if you are speackin how to track course, speed, range etc with hydro then i sugest you to use the 4 bearing methode
Will do. Thanks again.
Old 03-16-11, 09:16 AM   #985
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

SOAN will let you send mast height data to the TDC for any ship you are currently viewing in it. The only requirement is that the target is locked first. So you can technically send mast height data for a liberty ship when the targeted ship is some kind of warship.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 03:04 PM   #986
Jaguar
Officer

Downloads: 27

Sunk a tommie submarine last night. It didn´t enter my stats (ships/tonnage sunk).
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-11, 09:11 PM   #987
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Default Few more questions

Hello again.

The newbie has a few more questions.

1. I am intercepting messages that I have been sited by convoys I am stalking. I got too close on a night surface attack. At least I have an idea of how close I can get now. Anyway, when they've seen me they don't react at all. Same speed, same course, no zig-zagging. Is this normal?

2. Sometimes when adjusting my course on the navmap I see little "ghost ship" contacts moving around in coordination with where I move waypoints. Is this showing me where to go to intercept convoys? If so, how do I turn this function off?

3. Is it ok to save the game while submerged? In SH4 this causes problems

4. My watch crew got stuck outside the sub when I submerged tonight. First time this has happened. Just a normal dive. How can I avoid this in the future.

Here are my mods (I number them to remind myself what order in which to install them.)

1 FX_Update_0_0_15_TDW
1a NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith
1b NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_No_Contact_Colors
1b NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_No_Contact_Tails
1b NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_No_Hydrophone_On_Surface_No_Aircr aft_Spotting
1c Manos Scopes-patch for 8x5
3 BRF 1.3 full
3b FX_Update_0_0_15_BARF_1_3_Full_Fix
4 MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
5 Sh5EnvModGold
7 IRAI_0_0_30_TDW
8 DBSM SH5 v1.3
SUB_hyd_fix_SH5
Depth_Keeping_Problem_for stock_or_FXUpdate
Old 03-22-11, 05:22 PM   #988
Kapitan_Kaput
Mate

Downloads: 90

as of patch 1.2 hitting f5/f6 to man deck/AA guns also gives the "surface the boat" order and plays the "surface the boat" crew speech...also going to battlestations does nothing (bell symbol shows but no one mans the guns)...these happens 1.2 stock...anyone else have this? is there a fix? thanks
Kapitan_Kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 08:05 PM   #989
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Is it normal that you can't hear the sound of sinking ships on sonar? This is a huge help when you are trying to evade destroyers and waiting for your "kill" to sink. Can this be modded in?
Old 03-23-11, 04:38 PM   #990
Mattman[CDN]
Swabbie

Downloads: 33
Default More Bugs

Hi im really new to this game and have noticed that time acceleration causes some glitches with Destroyers stuck at either 160 deg or 200 deg about 12km away doing small circles at 14 knots all the way back to base. Im still in the first campaign.

Also my next mission was to patrol the north passage and I cant find any ships , I have stayed surfaced and have been repositioned by BDU three times and told to be more aggressive, but absolutely no other traffic around. Is this normal?

One other thing is I spotted many enemy aircraft and have yet to be attacked. This was far from the case in SH4.

Im running no mods on a D2D download patched to 1.2.0
My system is 9850 Phenom with 2 x 2gb pc6400 , ATI 4870 1 gb,Win Vista 32 bit sp2, dual Raptors in Raid 0.

Thanks for any advice you guys have.

Regards Matt