SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Indie Subsims > Seahunter
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-15-19, 11:15 PM   #1
SmokingHeadStudio
A-ganger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Commentet View behind the Scenes.

FINALY - Youtube made it, wow, wait of 3 hours goes to an End.

I hope you enjoy this little "Behind the Scenes"; ( and my bad English Please do not hit me lol i try my very best )

Best Greetings to the Community, i am happy to hear from you.

German Developer Studio.
SmokingHeadStudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 01:21 AM   #2
Amiral Crapaud
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 2

Strangely enough I find your oral English very good, in any case much better than your written English - just write like you speak and use a grammar corrector it should work just fine

Regarding the video, the sound of your voice is really too low though, it is difficult to hear you at all. You might want to increase the recording volume a bit.

Besides, congrats on being featured in the last Flare Path
Amiral Crapaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 06:03 AM   #3
SmokingHeadStudio
A-ganger

very thank you, i am happy to hear that you like what you see

hm, with the Sound, did you have any idea, how i can do this without loading the whole Video again up to youtube? You are right, i listen the Sound over the Computer of my Wife - it s really very low

On my Earphones it s relly loud

best Greetings

German Developer Studio.
Old 09-16-19, 06:52 AM   #4
Amiral Crapaud
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 2

Well, regarding sound, if you don't want to record it again, to the very least you will have to edit the sound in a software like Adobe Premiere and increase the volume of the sound channel. At the very least you will have to upload it again though, but you will be able to replace the old video with a new one everywhere you posted it I suppose.
Amiral Crapaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 09:38 AM   #5
SmokingHeadStudio
A-ganger

Deepl translated:

yes, the sound annoys me a lot. I have better possibilities here (sound studio equipment, my own organ and much more, which I will also use for music production) as well as a Rhode NTBA as buyer, but it was just too much effort.

Unfortunately I don't have Adobe Premiere, I only work with Movie Maker and Audiacity. I listened to the soundtrack via Audiacity and headphones, I already don't like the humming. My old sound card (2005) is slowly giving up. I don't want to have a new one, there is no "front module" anymore and I don't like USB for soundcards, onboard is out of the question.

With the videos, it's one of those things. I know I would have to show you more. I have so much what there is to show, but I'd rather put the time into development than just talk about it. Therefore there are always only a few short screenshots, or a short information.

I prefer to build in new things during this time, or extend the existing ones, so that you have a nice game at the end, what you like and what you have fun with for a long time, even if it appears "only" as EarlyAccess, and the completion (as I also say, the Japanese Campania) is only delivered with the release.

The German boats, I'd like to have finished by then, including the type XXI DLC, and some more ideas I have.

Only 3 days ago I made the decision to build in a Tech Tree, which gives you the possibility to act flexible.

Also, "heroes" are about to enter the game, in the first missions before you have a "real own boat", so you're going with missions for example:

- Otto Kretschmer
- Adalbert Snow
or Gunther Prien.

Each of these heroes has a different "special ability"; but don't worry: it's not "magic" or anything like that, but one can navigate better, for example, another has a little more battery power, another boat, a little better torpedoes.

It's also planned to integrate the torpedo development at Tollensesee into small missions, if I can make it to the release time, you can drive type II there. If not, it will follow a little later, after the release (or after Kickstarter / another possibility).

It will influence the development, and allow you to develop better torpedoes. In the beginning you only have the G7A (to which ships react when they see it) and later the electric one.

The type XXI already has newer developments.
But I would like to bring in prototypes as well.

That's why I'm very rarely seen with material and videos, I prefer to build and continue programming, so time brings something for all of us. You can talk about it later, enjoy it only when something is done, instead of just talking about it.

Things I wanted to show in the video and forgot:

The most important: the "load system".

The type XB boat, just like the type VII D, has a "storage space".
Depending on which weapons you take with you, how many torpedoes or mines, so many supplies for other ships, you can take with you.

In missions, sometimes as locatable points of interest, or sometimes as a surprise, it is your task with these boats to supply other boats as well (Roundevouz on the Sea).

That's why the base "La Pallice" is so important, everything you can buy in the ingame store, for services and money, or thanks to the technical development, you can later independently manage there unlocked.

With this you can equip your boat individually for each mission. However, if you overfill everything with ammunition and weapons, you won't be able to take any supplies with you.

So it's always important to think carefully:
- What do I need?
- what else am I taking to be on the safe side?
- and what I need to have so I can supply other boats.

With the types XB and VII D, this is a very important train of thought.

Actually, I wanted to show you how to ground the boat,

and also the "Repair System" (so also your boat, can take damage like the other ships, you can repair certain damages also on the way, others require the return march).

There is still so much to show.
I don't want to spend another 3 - 4 hours on the revision now, the sound is not nice, but it will work out. With the next video, I try to make it better.

It's always just a pity for me to have too much time.

For example, I would have a website for a long time, the domain, the webspace and the ability to do it, but all these hours "only" in one website, that costs me too much time, in this time I can bring in missions or innovations, work on details or even create a new level, instead of a website that maybe 20 men click briefly.

Here and also on Facebook, and on my Facebook page, the community finds everything that's important to Seahunter without a big "schnick Schnack"

Well and I am reachable too.
If you like, you can even join my Discord channel if I'm online, because Discord often disturbs me too much while working.

Best regards, and thank you very much for your interest,
Andy, Smoking Head Studio.

German Developer Studio.