SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Indie Subsims > Sub Commander
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-04-18, 04:39 PM   #631
JustAnotherPersonHere
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default I'm Back!

About 6 months ago the game died on me, I couldn't open/run the game and nothing I tried worked, Fast forwards to today, An April fools event in a game I play brings be back here once again and i'm glad I checked. I missed the update several times before and now the game is working again. Now all I need is to get a hold of the Build your own sub tools again and I can remake some eccentric submarines!

Edit: I looked back through the pages to about page 31 and the links I found were 404 not found. Any up to date/non broken links?

Last edited by JustAnotherPersonHere; 04-04-18 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Adding info
JustAnotherPersonHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-18, 06:04 PM   #632
ChristopherTarana
中国水兵

Downloads: 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherPersonHere View Post
About 6 months ago the game died on me, I couldn't open/run the game and nothing I tried worked, Fast forwards to today, An April fools event in a game I play brings be back here once again and i'm glad I checked. I missed the update several times before and now the game is working again. Now all I need is to get a hold of the Build your own sub tools again and I can remake some eccentric submarines!

Edit: I looked back through the pages to about page 31 and the links I found were 404 not found. Any up to date/non broken links?
Can you download any of the user created Submarines? It looks like the Typhoon 2 submarine has the tools. (Typhoon2.zip) The Ohio Class have them too (Ohio V2 and Ohio V2 No Prop!)

Christopher
ChristopherTarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-18, 08:58 AM   #633
ljb135
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherPersonHere View Post

Hmmm....
I have a sneaking suspicion that the game is War Thunder
ljb135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-18, 05:34 PM   #634
MistaMeowmas
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Default Working upload?

Hey guys! Anyone got a working upload of the latest version? The creators link seems to be dead...
MistaMeowmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-18, 09:00 PM   #635
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

MistaMeowmas!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-18, 12:00 AM   #636
ChristopherTarana
中国水兵

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaMeowmas View Post
Hey guys! Anyone got a working upload of the latest version? The creators link seems to be dead...
It looks like the link is fixed! I just downloaded it myself!

Christopher Tarana
Old 12-27-18, 12:32 PM   #637
succerpunch
Torpedoman

Downloads: 292

Yo, Geoff. Any news lately?
Old 02-06-19, 02:02 PM   #638
FalcoGer
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 12

It seems like the link is dead again. Maybe it'd be nice to move it to say, github.
FalcoGer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 12:16 AM   #639
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome aboard!

FalcoGer!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 02-23-19, 01:29 PM   #640
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default welcome aboard!

altitude!

Old 02-24-19, 12:25 AM   #641
ChristopherTarana
中国水兵

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by altitude View Post
is here a way to make you own custom sub.
If you can download the OhioNoProp V2.0 ohiov2noprop.zip from the User Created Submarines Thread here on SubSim.com Forum, that file has the editor needed to make you're own ships!

Christopher Tarana
Old 04-10-19, 09:29 AM   #642
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27

Hi everyone,

Firstly, sorry for not updating you about the status and future of Sub Commander sooner.

Unfortunately, continuing to develop the game in its current state has become almost impossible. Partly due to real life commitments taking up most of my time, partly because the game is written in a very old language with increasingly little support on modern systems, and partly because the code base is a real mess. I was not an experienced coder when I started work on Sub Commander and didn't understand the importance of writing 'good' code - at this point, it's basically unmaintainable.

I want to thank everyone who has played Sub Commander over the years, and especially everyone who has contributed to the game - whether by creating your own content, posting feedback and advice, or just by telling others about the game. I have really enjoyed hearing your experiences with the game.

Sub Commander in its current form is very unlikely to see any further updates, but this is not the end. I plan to rebuild the game using a more modern platform in future - hopefully bigger and better than ever. When there is more news on this front, the Subsim forums will certainly be first to hear about it.

Geoff
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 01:50 AM   #643
succerpunch
Torpedoman

Downloads: 292

Thanks for giving us a update. Sub Commander is a neat little game that is fun and I can't wait to see what the future holds. Maybe if you release the source code on GitHub so anyone that has the time or knowledge can work on it?
Old 06-06-19, 05:52 PM   #644
Coedgy
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 5

What language was sub commander made with? You have alot of supporters if / when you start making the new version
Coedgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 09:33 PM   #645
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Welcome aboard!

Coedgy!