SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-29-21, 08:14 AM   #871
Boche
Watch

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Hello there fellow captains. ive been trying to switch over from sh3 to sh5 to test out TWoS mod, and ive been trying for days to get it to work but i just cannot.

First here are my pc specs:

Processor AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor
Manufacturer
AMD

Speed
3.5 GHz

Number of Cores

CPU ID
178BFBFF00600F20

Family

Model

Stepping

8GB RAM

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Manufacturer
Nvidia

Chipset
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Dedicated Memory
6.0 GB

Total Memory
10 GB

Pixel Shader Version

Vertex Shader Version

Hardware T & L
Yes

Vendor ID
10DE

Device
1C03

Plug and Play ID
VEN_10DE&DEV_1C03&SUBSYS_62653842&REV_A1

Driver Version

Operating System
Windows 10

Service Pack

Size
32-bit

Version

Locale
0C0A

I am using the Steam version of the game. I have done several clean installs following the exact path the TWoS mod install guide dictates.

I have the game installed in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 5
Outside of Program files (x86).

The only thing that differs from the installation guide is that when it comes to the generic file patcher i have to manually input the location of the files its looking for. After that i get mixed results. Sometimes it doesnt let me restore the snapshot. it mostly happens when it says that "sh5.exe" cant be accessed because its being used by another program (i always have steam and ubiconnect off).

Honestly i dont know what else to try...id apreciate some guidance...jaja thank you all!
Boche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 10:52 AM   #872
ingsoc39
Seaman

Downloads: 49
Default TWOS use with Ubiconnet/Steam

Hello, before I go ahead with this mega mod, can someone please explain what this means from the TWOS mega mod install instructions? I DO have the Ubisoft connect version of the game. Here is what I would appreciate some advice for:

If you own Digital/Ubisoft Connect downloadversion of the game, you'll have to perform manual sh5.exe replacement before you proceed to TWoS installation.

On a new note it appears I have BOTH ubisoft and steam version, I had forgotten I had the steam version before. NOW when go to play the steam version, its asking me to Link the steam/ubisoft accounts and reinstall the ubisoft connect, Im not sure what to do, as I read there is a seperate step one must perform prior to installing TWOS over the stock game, depending on which version one has, be it the Steam or Ubiconnect version. I went ahead and deleted the Ubiconnect version of the game, but still getting this prompt, maybe I need to uninstall Ubisoft connect? Any help please?
ingsoc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-21, 10:18 PM   #873
Sirrvs
Loader

Downloads: 38

Oops, looks like a missing texture on this merchant in Kiel:

I'm running version 2.2.24 of TWOS.

Below are my other mods and load order:

TWoS Env Settings - Brighter Nights
TWoS Map Contacts Colors
TWoS Remove Map Plastic Cover
TWoS Ship Auto Recognition
TWoS SM Interior_Food Stocks
TWoS Wooden Lifeboats
TWOS restore captain's icon by Torpedo
Balus Stuka LOD fix

Let me know if there's any other info I can provide that will help.
Sirrvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 06:46 AM   #874
gunnycook
Swabbie

Downloads: 53

Hi, i downloaded the latest version and installed.
i have only added brighter nights,
flooding via zones,
chimney smoke,
food stocks,
wooden lifeboats and missing map coordenates fix via jsgme.
i have an issue with hidden icons.
within the yellow area on my pic there are various hidden icons that i can select but do nothing when i click them. it looks like the jump to stations menu when i hover the mouse over them.
is there a fix or is this normal?
gunnycook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 05:56 PM   #875
-WERWOLF-
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 8
Default Cant take Picture of Ships for Mission

Have an issue with twos 2.2.24 (Win10) / Ubisoft connect - GOLD-Version.

I have installed Twos exactly! by pdf-tutorial. (no errors or issues)

No extra mods.. new Carrer

If i want to take a picture of some ship.. Game stops and i land on Windows screen?!

Please help..thx

-WERWOLF- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 11:29 PM   #876
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77
Default Alternate Career progression question.

Just finished some objectives in Western Approaches and put into Lorient on the 6th of March 1941 (per the instructions for smooth career progression).

My question is....when looking at the campaigns.........Western Approaches continues until December of 1941......are there any other Missions I"m missing in Western Approaches between March 41 and Dec 41? None are populating when requesting a new mission in the bunker.....only thing that showing is the same career progression check mark....and it's not selectable.

If I must do the career progression Hack........do I modify my flotilla to match my current situation....aka 2nd Flotilla and Lorient.....or put in what it tells me to which is 6th Flotilla and Kiel? My CareerTrack.upc file also says South Indian Ocean for my current objective.....I never selected that mission...and that mission isn't available when selecting missions.....

Edit: Happy Times goes until March 41....I was mistaken. The Campaign Transfer Hack works fine.

Last edited by finchOU; 04-18-21 at 03:14 AM.
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 07:16 AM   #877
vule1987
Nub

Downloads: 18

Guys Icant get any new sub like VIIB. I am stuck with VIIA. I never got massage to get new sub in bunker.

So i bought SH5 through ubisoft. Installed The Wolves of Steel 2.2_SH5 Expansion Pack_v2.2.24_Full

and my list of mods is this:

Twos Fy incr flooding via zones
Twos env settings brighter nights
Twos ship auto recogbnition
Twos campaign advance verifier testing
Twos remove map plastic cover
Twos missing nav map coordinates fix

First save is this (i messed some shots on neutral ships and i thought it was about rating. Its already 1941.)

After that i started new campaign

and second save is this (i have positive rating and nice tonnage, no neutral ship sunked, only enemy):

Still no new uboat ??
vule1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 06:40 PM   #878
Sirrvs
Loader

I'm not sure if this has been posted before. I ran a search and couldn't find it. But did anyone notice that if you switch to either your battery, oxygen or CO2 levels, it will only stay there for a few seconds then automatically switch back to fuel level? Is this a known bug?
Old 04-28-21, 11:13 PM   #879
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I'm not sure if this has been posted before. I ran a search and couldn't find it. But did anyone notice that if you switch to either your battery, oxygen or CO2 levels, it will only stay there for a few seconds then automatically switch back to fuel level? Is this a known bug?
Yes, I paid attention to this, but I never perceived it as a bug. In addition, in fact, the CO2 content on the U-boat could not be obtained in a continuous mode - these are always single measurements with a certain periodicity. Rather, I find it inadequate that you have access to CO2 information at any given time.
Old 05-01-21, 10:29 AM   #880
Sirrvs
Loader

@Alpheratz Thanks for confirming it's not just me!

Found another visual bug. I haven't played SH5 vanilla so I'm not sure if this is a TWOS bug or if it was in the vanilla game too. Sometimes I'll see a what looks like half circular black cloud on the horizon with nothing behind it (no ships and it's not a storm cloud), but only if I don't look directly at it. When I look at it through binoculars, it's gone. I haven't got a screenshot of the "big" version but here's what a smaller one looks like:

Has my crew spotted a sea monster!?

I'm running the latest TWOS with the latest NVIDIA drivers.

My mods list:

TWoS Map Contacts Colors
TWoS Remove Map Plastic Cover
TWoS Ship Auto Recognition
TWoS SM Interior_Food Stocks
TWoS Wooden Lifeboats
TWoS Env Settings - Brighter Nights
TWoS Glass Covered GUI Dials
TWOS restore captain's icon by Torpedo
Balus Stuka LOD fix
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6
Old 05-01-21, 11:36 AM   #881
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrvs View Post
Sometimes I'll see a what looks like half circular black cloud on the horizon with nothing behind it (no ships and it's not a storm cloud)
It's an (probably unfixable, sadly) bug from vanilla game. Happens with any mod configuration. Currently you have two options: ignore it or roleplay it as your captain's hallucinating due to sleep deprivation.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 09:23 PM   #882
Sirrvs
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
It's an (probably unfixable, sadly) bug from vanilla game. Happens with any mod configuration. Currently you have two options: ignore it or roleplay it as your captain's hallucinating due to sleep deprivation.
Thanks for confirming. I thought so. I'm gonna role play it as sea monsters me and my crew think they're seeing. Need sleep.
Old 05-02-21, 02:58 PM   #883
kangjiajinlong
Swabbie

Downloads: 30
Default Acoustic torpedo turns a random degree at 400 meters after launch

1. Operating System, System spec ?
Windows 10 Education

2. What is your version of the game ? (DVD, Uplay download, Steam, other ?)
Steam

3. Confirm that your game is updated to official v1.2.0 version and that the vanilla game works without problems.
Confirmed that version is 1.2.0

5. Describe briefly your mod installation process and specify any error messages you've got during the installation.
Installed The Wolves of Steel Expansion Pack_v2.2.24_Full exe and restored snapshot as specified in the installation instruction.

6. Confirm that you have checked for solution in provided install instructions and other documentation?
Yes. This is a tricky problem and I search extensively in the manual and online but did not find a solution.

7. Specify mods you're using and state your mod order (do not type the list manually, use "Export activated mods list to" JSGME function).
The Wolves of Steel 2.2_SH5 Expansion Pack_v2.2.24_Full

8. If you use any unsupported mods, remove them, reinstall your game/TWoS completely according to install instruction, start new campaign and make sure that the issue still persist.
Yes this issue still persists.

9. Make sure to provide as much details as possible when describing situation where problem/bug/CTD can be observed. What should we do in order to reproduce this issue?
Basically, I started a mission in which the acoustic torpedos are available. I fired them with all stop and silent running but they always deviates the direction I shot them or even turns 180 degrees back after 400 meters. I tested this on multiple locations and problem still persists. Also I tested this issue extensively and found that the torpedo will basically turn a random degree if there is no target in proximity at 400 meters after launch. After this the torpedo will move forward in a zig-zag way and it will lock on to a target should it encounter one along this randomly changed course.
kangjiajinlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 06:24 PM   #884
Compans57
Officer

Downloads: 71

I mentioned this years ago but the problem hasn’t gone away. When I submerge below a certain depth (about 80 meters) I often get a repetitive noise like a scratched record. I think it’s from the creaks and groans tracks. I tried changing them out but it still happens. The only way to get rid of it is to reload the game. This is bad if you’re in the patrol area and reloading restarts the time period.

Anyone else get this?
Compans57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 12:40 PM   #885
Demon777
Medic

Downloads: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compans57 View Post
I mentioned this years ago but the problem hasn’t gone away. When I submerge below a certain depth (about 80 meters) I often get a repetitive noise like a scratched record. I think it’s from the creaks and groans tracks. I tried changing them out but it still happens. The only way to get rid of it is to reload the game. This is bad if you’re in the patrol area and reloading restarts the time period.

Anyone else get this?

if you mean the creaks sound, yes its repetitive file which is used in SH5 (and TWOS) as default for submerged operation. I had similar problem, when I noticed very annoying sound which had appeared only after ТС more than 64 or 128. It was one of the command room sound files. I checked and found the one which was the source. So, I simply edited this file, and got rid of the annoying sounds' parts for more comfortable gameplay
Demon777 is offline   Reply With Quote