SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-28-12, 04:43 PM   #706
Harald_Lange
Ensign

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Ok after a year on GWX, I'm going to give this a whirl!! Exciting stuff.

BTW, is this some kind of secret government project? I can't find any youtube vids or images on the internet for NYGM.
Harald_Lange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-12, 06:56 PM   #707
Harald_Lange
Ensign

Wow! Totally different feel to the game. Way more immersive in my opinion. Took a beating in 1939 from planes off the Shetland isles. Sank my first merchant for 5k tons with the deck gun, all the while expecting death from above. Congratulations to the NYGM crew this is awesome stuff!
Old 07-23-12, 10:10 AM   #708
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Default NYGM 3.6B released

This contains only slight alterations to the older NYGM3.6A.

None of the alterations are significant of themselves, but the accumulation of several minor changes since NYGM 3.6A has made a new letter ('B') essential, so that users of the original 3.6A understand that changes have been made.

The really important changes are:
1. Improved handling of air contacts.
2. Improved consistency with the Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 patch (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=196674).
Most of the files which need complex alteration in the patch are done for you simply by downloading the NYGM 3.6B patch.

As previously, you will also need to download NYGM2.5 and NYGM3_New before adding this new 3.6B mod. All three mods can be downloaded from my logo, below.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-12, 12:12 PM   #709
Sittingwolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

To Stiebler;

Is that true that I don't need to install Stiebler3B_Addon_for V16B1 before Stiebler4B_Addon_for V16B1?
From what I read in text files, last one overwrites/updates all or some of the data.
Or I am wrong and the previous version of the patch is still required.
Sorry mate, I am a little bit now

Sittingwolf

Last edited by Sittingwolf; 08-10-12 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-23-12, 02:03 PM   #710
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

That's cool, thread title updated
Old 07-24-12, 12:49 AM   #711
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@SittingWolf:
Quote:
Is that true that I don't need to install Stiebler3B_Addon_for V16B1 before Stiebler4B_Addon_for V16B1?
I presume that you refer to NYGM3.6A and 3.6B, not to the Stiebler4B_Addon_for V16B1.

You are correct, throw away NYGM3.6A, and add NYGM3.6B to your NYGM setup, using JSGME.

@Hitman:
Many thanks for the update to the thread title.

I hope that you noticed that finally I managed to reduce ship speeds in strong winds, as you suggested some time ago.
See here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=196674

Stiebler.

Last edited by Stiebler; 07-24-12 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Cross reference added
Old 07-24-12, 06:11 AM   #712
Sittingwolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@SittingWolf:
I presume that you refer to NYGM3.6A and 3.6B, not to the Stiebler4B_Addon_for V16B1.

You are correct, throw away NYGM3.6A, and add NYGM3.6B to your NYGM setup, using JSGME.

@Hitman:
Many thanks for the update to the thread title.

I hope that you noticed that finally I managed to reduce ship speeds in strong winds, as you suggested some time ago.
See here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=196674

Stiebler.
Thanks Stiebler,

Maybe I weren't precised enough.
It's like you want to apply that Stiebler4B_Addon_for V16B1 over everything else done beforehand.
Anyway, roger your point.

Last edited by Sittingwolf; 08-10-12 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-24-12, 02:06 PM   #713
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
No I had not noticed, this is great news indeed!!
Old 07-25-12, 02:32 AM   #714
U570
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89
NYGM 3.6 CTD?

Hi all,
After deciding to download NYGM, I followed your (Stiebler) instructions on installation, but as soon as I enable NYGM3_6B and try to play a mission (doesn't matter what type; Single, Career or Naval Academy) it CTD's as soon as it loads. What is happening? It is also a clean install, with only NYGM on it.

"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along,
understand each other and work well together"- Anon
U570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 04:19 AM   #715
Sittingwolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Got same thing as U570!!!.
After installation as described and applying patch Stiebler4B_Addon_for V16B1 the game CTD's but when I disable only that addon; Stiebler4B, it works as normal.
Help guys!!!

PS: I run NYGM at the moment

Last edited by Sittingwolf; 08-10-12 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-25-12, 04:56 AM   #716
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@SittingBear, U570:

It seems that you are reporting two problems:

U570 cannot make NYGM3.6B run without CTDs.

SittingBear can make NYGM 3.6B run successfully, but there is a problem with the addon Stiebler4b_Addon_for_V16B1.

Since NYGM mods are all created by me and tested endlessly by me on my own computer, there cannot be a problem with the mods themselves. There must be a problem with the installation.

I suggest the following:

1. Locate folder MyDocuments\SH3 and rename the SH3 to something else. (I always use XXXSH3XXX, ie to give MyDocuments\XXXSH3XXX)
2. Remove all your existing mods from your copy of stock SH3 (if you are using JSGME; otherwise I regret that you must reinstall stock SH3 too).
3. Make clean reinstallations of all of NYGM using the three downloads (NYGM2.5, NYGM3_New, NYGM3.6B) from my logo below. Test *each* download briefly after installation to ensure that the game loads without a CTD.
4. Then patch your copy of SH3.exe with H.sie's V16B1 patch (only this patch, no others are suitable). Also, install H.sie's subsidiary files with JSGME.
5. Then patch again your Hsie-patched copy of SH3.exe with Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1, and install with JSGME the supplied Stiebler4B_ADDON folder supplied with the patch. It is NOT necessary for any user of NYGM to make any of the alterations to files that users of stock or other supermods need to make, because NYGM has these extra items already included.
6. However, even NYGM users must make the changes to file menu_1024_768.ini as listed in the documentation for the Stiebler4b_Addon_for_V16B1 patch. The change is necessary only for those who use the new weather meter; you do not need to make changes to this file for the 'Change Grid' mod, since the existing NYGM menu_1024.768.ini file already has these additions.

I hope that helps.
Stiebler.
Old 07-25-12, 05:33 AM   #717
Harald_Lange
Ensign

Although I think this mod is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, I've moved back to GWX again, for one reason. I'm at the level of manual TDC, and identification, but not at the level of manual map position updates.

I've played with the settings in NYGM and it seems its either all or nothing, for example, pre-identified coloured ship icons, or no map auto updates at all.

Can anyone explain how I can strike the happy medium like I can in GWX, whereby I get the plain black squares for merchants, and diamonds for warships?

I like how I can get the level of realism with the category of ship being pointed out, but the type, allegiance and the speed/course etc being left to me.

Thanks.
Old 07-25-12, 06:42 AM   #718
U570
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
3. Make clean reinstallations of all of NYGM using the three downloads (NYGM2.5, NYGM3_New, NYGM3.6B) from my logo below. Test *each* download briefly after installation to ensure that the game loads without a CTD.
I have tested each mod (2.5, 3_new and 3.6B) and the only one I have problems with is 3.6B. I use JSGME, and there are no other mods.

Quote:
4. Then patch your copy of SH3.exe with H.sie's V16B1 patch (only this patch, no others are suitable). Also, install H.sie's subsidiary files with JSGME.
I know this may sound stupid, but do I have to patch it, because I'm one of those finniky people who don't like messing with .exe's?

"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along,
understand each other and work well together"- Anon
U570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 07:23 AM   #719
Sittingwolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thanks Stiebler, will try and report back.

Last edited by Sittingwolf; 08-10-12 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-25-12, 08:46 AM   #720
Sittingwolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@Stiebler,

So far, I've done it step by step as you suggested.
Now... when I reach the point where I run NYGM3.6B via JSGME, I got the same problem as U570, that means I go like one step back then I was before.
CTD after campaign loads

Last edited by Sittingwolf; 08-10-12 at 07:58 AM.

Tags
torpedos through hull