SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-26-10, 09:04 PM   #196
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
I'm still having big problems with internet dropouts,
I forgot about that. My bad.

Quote:
my son is going to download it for me, I have installed it ready and just checking around if there are any must have fixes/mods as well as your mod Ducimus, I didn't realize you included them! Thanks!
To be fair, i didn't type up squat for documentation. Long story short, i took TMO 2.0, gutted it of all fleet boat modifcations, and built 9D2 on top of it. I try for the stand alone, all inclusive mod.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 09:40 PM   #197
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Thanks going to try this beta out, im late as usual actually forgot all about it.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 01:40 AM   #198
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

Well I finally got the mod installed and in the main menu I have this:

If I select this mod all it does is show the credits!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 03:30 AM   #199
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Try clicking on the option that says U-Boat Campaign
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 05:58 AM   #200
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

OK!! But why have the other? Can I get rid of it?
Edit: Now I know why I gave up with SH4!! I found I was going off course right from base, so I press the return to course button and the boat just goes in circles till it hits the dock and gets damaged, then it returns to course totally stuffed!! My first orders are to patrol Grid MZ/LA this can't be right, I wouldn't have enough fuel even if I called into port a few times! but what port, surely this is wrong!

Last edited by Reece; 08-02-10 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-02-10, 10:25 AM   #201
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
EDIT: If you mean the part that says 'NINE DELTA TWO BETA ver 1.0' then that's just a test replacement for what previously said 'credits', I'm sure you could edit it back if you did a search with a text editor to find that string. It's the same in TMO as well it says Trigger Maru Overhauled instead of credits.

Last edited by Nisgeis; 08-02-10 at 03:16 PM.
Nisgeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 11:23 AM   #202
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Nobody is forcing you to play fleet boats. If the mere sight of anything NOT uboat offends your sensiblities, Try to be a little bit more open minded.

Quote:
Edit: Now I know why I gave up with SH4!! I found I was going off course right from base, so I press the return to course button and the boat just goes in circles till it hits the dock and gets damaged, then it returns to course totally stuffed!!
You can do that in SH3 if i remember right. It happends when your plotting waypoints that would have tighter turn radius then the turn radius of your boat. In those instances you'll have to do a little manually conning the boat out of harbor. Kinda like how a real captain would have. Total shocker i know.

Quote:
My first orders are to patrol Grid MZ/LA this can't be right, I wouldn't have enough fuel even if I called into port a few times! but what port, surely this is wrong!
Use Ahead standard. Not 2/3rds.
Old 08-02-10, 11:39 AM   #203
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8

Duc, I actually think he confused the readme with somehow enabling the mod in game,
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 03:24 PM   #204
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
EDIT: If you mean the part that says 'NINE DELTA TWO BETA ver 1.0' then that's just a test replacement for what previously said 'credits', I'm sure you could edit it back if you did a search with a text editor to find that string. It's the same in TMO as well it says Trigger Maru Overhauled instead of credits.
This is correct. I used a "cleaned up" version TMO 2.0 as a base for this mod. On some things, i did a one to one replacement, others i left in place because their was simply no need to change it. In the case of the credits menu option, I always found it a good place to annoate mod version since the rest of the menu selection is fairly self explanitory.
Old 08-02-10, 07:35 PM   #205
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Quote:
Nobody is forcing you to play fleet boats. If the mere sight of anything NOT uboat offends your sensiblities, Try to be a little bit more open minded.
?? Sorry I don't see anything "fleet boats" here at all, I just assumed that this title in the main menu was to launch your mod, since it wasn't I wondered why it was there, no ill will intended! (I was having a bad hair day!)
Quote:
You can do that in SH3 if i remember right. It happends when your plotting waypoints that would have tighter turn radius then the turn radius of your boat. In those instances you'll have to do a little manually conning the boat out of harbor. Kinda like how a real captain would have. Total shocker i know.
Yes I know, the way point was a long way off! and the boat was actually moving sideways at times with no turning or forward movement, was very strange!
Quote:
Use Ahead standard. Not 2/3rds.
Should I set the game settings for unlimited fuel or is there some port I can get fuel, please remember I have never played SH4 before and certainly in SH3 you couldn't do it! The map shows no Suez Canal, do I have to go via Cape of Good Hope?
As you will note I'm not off to a good start!

Old 08-02-10, 09:13 PM   #206
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
?? Sorry I don't see anything "fleet boats" here at all, I just assumed that this title in the main menu was to launch your mod, since it wasn't I wondered why it was there, no ill will intended
Well, the way i read your post, "OK!! But why have the other? Can I get rid of it?" it sounded more like, "why have the other career option?" I sat there for a minute, staring at my monitor, having So we had a miscommunication apparently. My bad, though it's an easy enough thing to happen on subsim

Quote:
the boat was actually moving sideways at times with no turning or forward movement, was very strange!
I'd have to see that first hand, though when the game cant compensate for waypoints too close together, i suppose any crazyiness can happen.

Quote:
Should I set the game settings for unlimited fuel or is there some port I can get fuel, please remember I have never played SH4 before and certainly in SH3 you couldn't do it! The map shows no Suez Canal, do I have to go via Cape of Good Hope?
Well i've been making the general assumption that everyone here generally knows at least the cliff notes version of the German monsun boat operations.

Suffice to say, unlimited fuel is for wussies. The IXD2 is currently set at 23,700 NM @ 10 kts. 10 knots is (currently) your most economic cruising speed. That should come out to be "ahead standard" Acutally that will give you just under 10 knots in speed, but its close enough. When you get orders to go to Penang or any of the other ports near there, you leave from Bordoux, you head south, through the south atlantic, and around the cape of good hope. It should take you 20 to 30 days to reach madigascar. Somewhere at that time, a resupply tanker should become available to you. This tanker will not be initially visible when you first start your patrol. Travel to it, click the anchor icon that becomes visible to "rearm/refuel", and off you go again with a full load of fish and fuel.

Now remember, since i decreased the battery recharge times, you could possibly save a little fuel by operating submerged in some areas. Also after you resupply, you don't have to report to base right away. You could make a few diversionary excursions before reporting to your new base.
Old 08-02-10, 09:21 PM   #207
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Thanks Ducimus, as I said I haven't actually played SH4 before, only the tutorials, good to know that the supply ships will appear!
Will try again! Hope the crew know how to steer a U-boat this time!

Old 08-02-10, 09:37 PM   #208
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Bordeux is actually an easy port to navigate. Lorient... now THAT's tricky.

>>as I said I haven't actually played SH4 before,

Well I am glad that your giving it a try. There are some things that are different, and some things that are the same. The campaign can be very different. I did not for instance, remove any Spy insertion or photo recon missions. Those will be entirely new to you if you get one. The SH3 style of "Go here and sit for 24 hours" is long gone with SH4. It's a little bit more varied. While not entirely historically correct for uboats, its possible to write patrol missions were you can rescue down pilots, drop off supplies, or insert commando's. This is in addition to the photo recon and spy insertion missions I already mentioned.

As an aside the keyboard commands for this mod are VERY similar to SH3's, and the T key is to raise the snorkel.

edit:
and " B " is to call battle stations. Not sure if i put that in the help menu or not.

Last edited by Ducimus; 08-02-10 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-04-10, 11:35 AM   #209
MADLOU
Gunner

Downloads: 1208
Default Error message

I also get the error message when the mission is loading: File Not Found: data/menu/gui/Recmanual/CovFlagEgypt.dds

I can not get the mod to work even with alt-tab. I have a fresh sh4 install with no mod residue. Looks like an awsome mod and am very eager to get it workings! Thanks!
MADLOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 11:48 AM   #210
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

Have the same error messages, but ALT-TAB helps out. Then, in the error message window, I click OK for about 25 times and then SH4 starts.