SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-21-20, 08:01 PM   #1
Capt Codetrucker
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default What Is The Best FSX Submarine?

I am looking for the best submarine model for Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX). Not everyone can handle the complexity of the various subsims.
Any ideas or links?

Thanks.
Old 09-21-20, 08:50 PM   #2
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

A flying submarine?

Genius!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 09:07 PM   #3
Capt Codetrucker
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi Beast,

Haven't you ever heard of the "Seaview?" Seriously, Microsoft modeled the globe and with it the oceans, albeit with undefined depth below the surface. However, the static nature of the surface still allows watercraft to operate above and below the surface. Lockheed-Martin's Prepar3D takes it a step farther and models the topography below the waves, but I digress. So, I am looking for a usable submarine to "fly" below the surf which will probably need someone who uses FSX/P3D.

If you have any curiosity or questions, I will be glad to help if I can. FYI - one watercraft I have used is a model of the HMS Bounty. Yes, that is a square-rigger sailing vessel which is actually powered by the simulated winds in FSX and it works! There is also a simulated "bubble" sextant which I used for an almost 700nm voyage across open ocean from Corpus Christi, TX to the Florida Keys.

Oh! I really like your signature quote.
Old 09-22-20, 06:21 PM   #4
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Codetrucker View Post
Hi Beast,

Haven't you ever heard of the "Seaview?" Seriously, Microsoft modeled the globe and with it the oceans, albeit with undefined depth below the surface. However, the static nature of the surface still allows watercraft to operate above and below the surface. Lockheed-Martin's Prepar3D takes it a step farther and models the topography below the waves, but I digress. So, I am looking for a usable submarine to "fly" below the surf which will probably need someone who uses FSX/P3D.

If you have any curiosity or questions, I will be glad to help if I can. FYI - one watercraft I have used is a model of the HMS Bounty. Yes, that is a square-rigger sailing vessel which is actually powered by the simulated winds in FSX and it works! There is also a simulated "bubble" sextant which I used for an almost 700nm voyage across open ocean from Corpus Christi, TX to the Florida Keys.

Oh! I really like your signature quote.

Sounds cool. I would love to get FSX if I had 150 gb of avalible space, lol.
And thanks! I feel in love with Run Silent Run Deep. Very, very good movie.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Old 09-22-20, 11:56 PM   #5
Capt Codetrucker
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi Beast,

RSRD was/is a great movie. As a writer I've watched it multiple times to glean the story's and character's particulars. Time for TRUE CONFESSIONS. I was surprised when we discovered "Bungo Pete" was a Japanese sub. Were you?

FWIW - my FSX install is less than 35GB. LOL
Old 09-23-20, 09:44 PM   #6
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Codetrucker View Post
Hi Beast,

RSRD was/is a great movie. As a writer I've watched it multiple times to glean the story's and character's particulars. Time for TRUE CONFESSIONS. I was surprised when we discovered "Bungo Pete" was a Japanese sub. Were you?

FWIW - my FSX install is less than 35GB. LOL
I didn't catch on that the Jap sub attacking them was Bungo Pete!
Again I am a little young, maybe that part of the movie is above my understanding, but I still love it.
I think the biggest install of a game I have on my PC is SH4:UBM installation with TMO+RSRDC+OTC, and thats only 11.7 GBs, lol.