Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-27-20, 05:58 AM   #1
nazaka
A-ganger

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0
Default Erroneous campaign progress in Memel

Hello everyone!

I reinstalled SH5 with the TWoS mod to get back to it.

I wanted to start a new campaign from scratch, and I have a rather annoying problem: impossible to have a correct campaign progress check.

Each time, I have "First Deployment" and "Campaign Transfer Orders" indicated as accomplished.

This is the first time this happens to me. In my previous games, I always managed to find my way back by trying a clean backup.
Even in the Memel database it's blocking.

Am I doing my first patrol with it and I hope for an improvement later on at the base in Kiel?
nazaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 07:01 AM   #2
Konrad Friedrich
Swabbie

Downloads: 15

Did I understand correctly that you cannot continue the campaign?

Check out the games directory.
Go to the folder "The Wolves of Steel - Documentation".

There you'll find a Pdf document called:
"The_Wolves_of_Steel_2_2_Quick Start Manual and Gameplay Tips".

Right in the beginning there's an paragraph "How can I pass from one campaign chapter to the next one?"
There you'll find a description what to do, if the campaign won't progress.

I hope that helps?
Konrad Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 07:23 AM   #3
nazaka
A-ganger

It's not even a question of continuing. I'm starting a new campaign.

I'm going to see in the file if there is a solution.
Old 11-27-20, 11:09 PM   #4
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

The_Wolves_of_Steel (TWoS) F.A.Q.'s and Gameplay Tips it says this By all means, yes...The whole concept of sink xxx tons to unlock next objective/campaign is abandoned. All objectives are now date controlled ...For more info check OHII addon"No Stupid Tonnage Bar_ Free Style Campaign" readme documentation...
Old 11-28-20, 08:16 PM   #5
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
The_Wolves_of_Steel (TWoS) F.A.Q.'s and Gameplay Tips it says this By all means, yes...The whole concept of sink xxx tons to unlock next objective/campaign is abandoned. All objectives are now date controlled ...For more info check OHII addon"No Stupid Tonnage Bar_ Free Style Campaign" readme documentation...
I still do my SH5 careers the old way with TWoS, I sink the required tonnage for the mission, edit the campaign cfg files so my mission is accomplished and I head back to base. I can't change it since I played the stock game that way for 2 years!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 10:04 AM   #6
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
I still do my SH5 careers the old way with TWoS, I sink the required tonnage for the mission, edit the campaign cfg files so my mission is accomplished and I head back to base. I can't change it since I played the stock game that way for 2 years!
There is really no reason to do that with TWoS. You are aware that by doing so you will lose ability to select secondary missions from your flotilla commander in the bunker?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 06:58 PM   #7
nazaka
A-ganger

I have just returned from my first patrol at the Kiel base.

And unfortunately I still have the problem of the timing of the campaign:

We can see that there are 3 objectives already completed. Is this normal?

It seems to me that the "baltic operations" are not yet finished in September 1939...
Old 12-05-20, 05:16 AM   #8
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazaka View Post
I have just returned from my first patrol at the Kiel base.

We can see that there are 3 objectives already completed. Is this normal?

It seems to me that the "baltic operations" are not yet finished in September 1939...
Yes , that's quite normal. You can see that Baltic Operations are declared as finished...Campaign transfer order are also declared as finished due to some "technical" reasons you shouldn't bother with...
Old 12-05-20, 06:09 AM   #9
nazaka
A-ganger

The mod that checks the progress of the campaign continues to tell me that there is a problem...

Since the beginning of my campaign, I've never had a message telling me that everything was fine.

I'm starting to wonder if it's really useful...
Old 12-05-20, 06:28 AM   #10
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
The mod that checks the progress of the campaign continues to tell me that there is a problem...

Since the beginning of my campaign, I've never had a message telling me that everything was fine.

I'm starting to wonder if it's really useful...
You should read JSGME description of the addon before you actually use it. It will save you from lot of troubles and uncertainties about the WoS in general

Quote:
Campaign transfers in TWoS are date controlled. This means that, in order to trigger the campaign transfer, you will have to be ON PATROL when ending date of your current campaign chapter is reached.
Campaign transfer should then be initiated, or it will be at least few days after the ending date. This is important so pay special attention not to skip these dates due to badly timed docking...
The end date of first "Coastal Waters" campaign is on 1st June 1940, "Happy Times" ends on 1st march 1941 ect.
In game, you will be noted about approaching campaign end date by the dedicated campaign/flotilla transfer objective and by series of "red" radio messages which will start approximately one month before the designated campaign transfer date.

However, due to certain broken aspects of SH5's launcher, there is a possibility that even upon reaching campaign chapter ending date, campaign transfer still may fail to initialize (your patrol just goes on without any visible flotilla objectives).

This add-on should inform you will the automatic campaign transfer at designated date be successful upon loading a gamesave.
Note that if you are getting persistent "problem detected" messages even after 3-4 or more reloads, try to exit the game completely, re-launch your Uplay Connect as administrator and then start SH5 trough this app to try again.
Also note that occasional "problem detected" messages after you enter or leave the bunker can be ignored.

This addon is not needed for regular gameplay which means that it is not necessary until you're just few days away from your designated campaign transfer date.
The thread is started 8 days ago and, as I can see, you were wondering WTH is going on since then. That could be avoided just by 1 min of reading...
Old 12-06-20, 04:32 PM   #11
CassiousClay
Mate

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Each time, I have "First Deployment" and "Campaign Transfer Orders" indicated as accomplished.
Sounds to me like something got left behind when you uninstalled. We have to make sure we delete absolutely everything or what you described in the quote I snipped from your message, happens.
The files in the Documents folders (File Explorer) are likely the culprit here, is my guess.

I made a zip of the vanilla version of the game after the install completed before I did anything at all to it. I think that'll help if/when I ever want to start fresh as you've tried to do.
CassiousClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 01:36 PM   #12
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiousClay View Post
Sounds to me like something got left behind when you uninstalled. We have to make sure we delete absolutely everything or what you described in the quote I snipped from your message, happens.
The files in the Documents folders (File Explorer) are likely the culprit here, is my guess.

I made a zip of the vanilla version of the game after the install completed before I did anything at all to it. I think that'll help if/when I ever want to start fresh as you've tried to do.
Check post No.8 mate...
Old 02-01-21, 11:47 AM   #13
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Konrad Friedrich!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote