SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-09, 08:27 AM   #11
Woof1701
Commodore

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Kpt. Lehmann, and the whole GWX team: my heartfelt thanks for everything you've accomplished over those last years!

I remember very well modding dreadful SH2, switching to SH3, downloading, testing and combining different mods and not really being satisfied with it all and thinking of going bay to Aces of the Deep every time. But suddenly there was something there that changed it. Something I wouldn't have believed possible. Some people actually did what I thought to be too time-consuming and too hard to organize. A combined mod with practically everything that I was missing in stock SH3. And as if this wasn't enough it was developed further and new more interesting features were implemented every Christmas

So again: Thank you for the many glorious hours you let me spend in the GWX world instead of the real one and for all the grief you must've endured due to pressure and nagging from the community as well as people in your real lives, for the long hours of modding, testing, bitching, fighting and willing to make SH3 better than it was. It is really appreciated.

After the initial disappointment and letting this thread settle for a while I'm convinced that with SH5 on its way, it is all for the best this way. I believe it simply won't be worthwhile to put all this energy into this great project while all the work may be obsolete by early 2010. After all SH4 is just a vamped up SH3 with a few new features and SH5 will most likely become a completely new game where everything has to be started from scratch.

However I sincerely hope this has not been the last we ever heard of Kpt. Lehmann's GWX crew. If the past has told us anything since SH1 came around, it is that SH5 will surely need a lot of improvement and I can think of only one crew with one leader to accomplish that.

Best wishes to all of you. Get some well deserved rest, and a Christmas time for your real lives and hopefully till we meet again here! Thank you.
Woof1701 is offline   Reply With Quote