Closed Thread

Old 04-05-10, 04:07 PM   #46
vonTorpitz
Seaman

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordmann View Post
I gave SH5 a chance (bargain bin for the win), and so far I have been enjoying it. There are issues of course, but that is no different from any release. I think most of the resentment stems from the net requirement, which is understandable, however the game itself is not quite as bad as some are claiming. The mod community is already bashing out some truly inspirational work, and I have no doubt that more is to come, this in itself makes the game worth playing.
Nice post Nordmann. I pretty much agree with this quote in its entirety.
I love the other SH releases. I still play SH4 w/ OpsMonsun U-Boat mod, but I am so stoked about a new SH and its possibilities, that I'm in no way ready to jump ship and cut my losses. Right now, what SH5 needs most is a supportive fanbase and modding community. This is probably the most critical time in which to make SH5 sink or swim, or at least keep it afloat for now.
The gripes have all been repeated many times, the complaints have all been made. So really folks, lets move forward already. Ubisofts to blame, we all know it. But that doesnt change the fact that we have a baby here that needs some TLC. In truth, all of this negative venting at Ubisoft on this forum is counterproductive as far as getting SH5 to a playable state.
Lets not throw out the baby with the bathwater and lets get rolling on fixing this diamond in the rough

Old 04-05-10, 04:21 PM   #47
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazman View Post
Booing at games is a fan's prerogative. You might ask, "If you don't like the way they play, why don't you just leave?"....
Nice reversal there.
Old 04-05-10, 05:08 PM   #48
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Booing at games is a fan's prerogative. You might ask, "If you don't like the way they play, why don't you just leave?" And I don't mind people complaining.
there is no reason to be rude, you can make your points without that comment so why go there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
while there are numerous poeple on these forums who become trolls from time to time depending on the topic being discussed, so we try to be understanding and only call out the worse cases.

Old 04-05-10, 05:20 PM   #49
Iron Budokan
Sea Lord

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044 View Post
Yes. Both of them.

http://kennethmarkhoover.com
Old 04-05-10, 05:50 PM   #50
Subnuts
The Old Man

Downloads: 14

'Ya know folks, I think the proper play on words here is "Give Patch A Chance." I think John Lennon would approve.

Old 04-05-10, 06:36 PM   #51
vonTorpitz
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
The other side of the coin is for Ubisoft to consider....they are obviously aware of the strength of feeling and anguish within the subsimming community and as such IMHO it is down to them to show some measure of good faith with said client base.

Probably the best way would be to drop the need for DRM/OSP and release a few patches that fix/correct some of the fundamental problems with the game.

The community are confident they can rely on the modding fraternity to do their bit (as has always been the case) and Ubisoft are well aware of this too.

The question is.....Will Ubisoft play their part and meet us half way?
Well, it seems that Ubisoft is beginning to make good on this release. Patch 2 is on the way (supposedly April 12) and the list of fixes looks good. Naturally, it doesn't address all the issues but 2 patches in just over a month's time says that Ubisoft is concerned and aware of the flak surrounding this release.
There are some amazing mods already available and the list is growing daily. When I first brought it home and installed it I was staggered by its state, as were many others, but my own personal aversion to this game lessens with every new mod I enable, and there are some damn good ones out already. After the upcoming patch the support of the modding community will undoubtedly gain even more steam. Confidence seems to be growing in SH5 and I think that pretty soon even the some of the worst detractors will be retiring their copies of SH3/4. The future is exciting. Good hunting!

Old 04-05-10, 07:06 PM   #52
demonsss
Watch

Downloads: 41
Default Am I a ghost?

Ok stand on the prow of the boat, goto external view and your not there!! Also go back to your own view.. look in the water and no shadow..

Also watch the sun it nevers moves across the sky

Why cant we have a sim that is a sim... flight sim has had real weather for ages and a dynamic live enviroment ( the sky really works!! and stars that you can nav by)

When the internet goes off come back and weather changes, come back and ships are not on fire.. also when i was in port one time, there were a least two ships on land blowing up errr!!

Also bin the DRM its pants and im fed up with the problems, def going to wait at least a year before I buy another game from ubi, give them chance to sort it out.... Yea I will give them a chance... the chance to give all the paying people value for money and not have to wait... If you want us as beta testers then pay us!!
Old 04-05-10, 07:57 PM   #53
jazman
Commander

Downloads: 50

Quote:
I must not be keeping up the good rep of the forum, sorry. When Ducimus has to chastise me, I know I'm this close --> <-- to the brig or, worse, a keelhauling. Thanks for the advice, mate.
Old 04-05-10, 08:05 PM   #54
CybaGirl
Sailor Gal

Downloads: 29

Well this is how I see things.

I pre ordered and brought the Australian Collectors Edition ($109.00) as I have been so looking forward to the next installment of this series. However after installing it and playing it for a couple of hours I became very frustrated and angry with the game. I was very disappointed as it was nothing like SH3 and I guess I had high expectations of the game. Originally I thought it would be like SH3 but with updated graphics. But as soon as I loaded the game interface I realized it was nothing like SH3.

Now this may be good for some and maybe bad for others. For me it was bad and I do not like having to move around inside of the sub either. As this made me feel quite nauseated. I have this same problem with first person shooter games as well. Well the Call Of Duty series are the only ones I don't get sick from for some unknown reason. Then to make things worse there was no keyboard commands so I could move around to different stations. The graphics however were amazing and I was very pleased with these.

Anyway I guess I was expecting alot from this game and I guess my hopes and expectations were shattered.

Am I angry or upset about spending so much money on the game?

NO

Why?

Because the way I see it. Even though the game might not be to my expectations at the moment. I am happy to pay what I paid for the game knowing full well that I am supporting a company who continues to write, develop and produce the Silent Hunter series. Because without UBISOFT where we all be?

We would not have our Silent Hunter series and for that reason alone that would be an absolute tragedy.

Now for those of you who are bashing UBISOFT and saying they deserve this deserve that and you hope they go down. I have one thing to say to you!

PIPE DOWN!

You are not helping the situation any and if this is the kind of attitude you are going to have. Then this could be the end of the game that we all love and adore.

I don't know if you have noticed or not. But so many companies these days seem to be producing less and less for the PC and making more for the console kiddies. As I know decent WWI and WWII flight simulators are basically non existent for the PC these days! Yet there is so many of them abundant on these consoles made for kids!

Is this what you want to happen to our Silent Hunter series as well? Because if it is. Then keep bitching about the game and don't support the series by not buying it. I am sure UBISOFT will sit up and take notice and say well that was fun while it lasted. No point putting money and resources into developing something if people are not going to buy it.

No doubt sooner or later the game will be playable through all the talented and dedicated modders who are on this forum. So please be patient. You know all good things come to those who wait.

Sometimes you don't always get what you want. But you get what you need and I think SH5 has alot of potential but it also needs it's fan base to stick together and support the game. So come on guys stop fighting amongst each other and stop complaining about the game.

Because in this day an age where just about everything is about making money. If the Silent Hunter series fails to make money then I fear that any more Silent Hunter releases will not see the light of day.

Is this what you guys want?

Think long and hard about bashing the game that you love and adore. As I am sure the walls have ears.

Finally the experience I had with SH5 has been a great outcome even though the game did not live up to my expectations. Now the reason being is that I have re installed and gone back to playing SH3 after having not played it since 2006. I cannot believe how much fun I had last night! I didn't go to bed till 3AM and I have been asking myself why have I not bothered installing and playing SH3 sooner?

Anyway I look forward to the new mods and to the increased development of SH5 and in the mean time I will continue to play SH3 .

Just wish I was talented enough and had the ability to create mods myself .
Old 04-05-10, 08:06 PM   #55
Yorktown_Class
Lieutenant

Downloads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanC View Post
Ditto..
Old 04-05-10, 08:17 PM   #56
pythos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 46

I agree with the post above the one that approves of the post above it.

(confused?) Good)
Old 04-05-10, 08:30 PM   #57
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
I must not be keeping up the good rep of the forum, sorry. When Ducimus has to chastise me, I know I'm this close --> <-- to the brig or, worse, a keelhauling. Thanks for the advice, mate.
LOL, Not really, but you did step on a nerve. For the record, im an equal opportunity chastiser, and i'm not above taking jabs at myself. Oh and... nobody has more brig or keel hauling time, and is still able to post here, then i.
Old 04-05-10, 08:31 PM   #58
vonTorpitz
Seaman

Couldnt say it any better if I tried CybaGirl. Nice post. Seriously.

Old 04-05-10, 08:34 PM   #59
theluckyone17
Captain

Downloads: 103

I decided to give SH5 a chance when I spent more on my wife's shampoo and conditioner than SH5.

So far, the DRM/OSP that I detest hasn't affected me. I know it's lurking in the background, though, waiting to rear its ugly head.

SH5 does feel like it's been orientated towards the arcade players. I'm not too concerned, though... I felt the same about SH4 when it was released. I'm secure in my belief that the modding community will have SH5 fixed up proper, given enough time.
Old 04-05-10, 10:10 PM   #60
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

@CybaGirl: So, you don't like SH5--in fact you called it "bad"--yet you want the Ubisoft bashers to "pipe down" so as not to end the game we all "love and adore"? I'm certainly confused.

I guess you're right though, if we all don't buy SH5, then there'll be no SH6 for us to bitch and whine(TM Subsim 2010) about in a year's time.

And that would be a shame.

Quote:
Oh and... nobody has more brig or keel hauling time, and is still able to post here, then i.
Dowly would have to come close, surely?
Closed Thread

Tags
best subsim, bug, complaints, drama, drm, far too silly, sh5