Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-12-13, 07:48 PM   #1
CptCrunch
Seaman

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0
Default CTD & Uplay won't go on line

I was trying to finish Total Germany but decided to give up with the carrier mission incomplete and return to base and try the next campaign. I have been offline for awhile so I tried to go back on line but Uplay won't let me saying it doesn't recognise my email and password even though it is correct and I even reset via ubi just in case. I can log in directly to the uplay site ok.
Now when I continue the campaign and try to return to base the game crashes to desktop after about 12 minutes for no apparent reason. I thought it might be because it needed to synch to the server - but catch 22 I can't because uplay won't log me in.
Is there any shortcut to return to base? Has anyone else had this problem? Am I going to have to reinstall? I really really detest Uplay. grrrrr...
CptCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-13, 08:28 PM   #2
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Just type in the username and password you used when first started playing SH5
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-13, 05:58 PM   #3
CptCrunch
Seaman

Thanks for that butl I have tried. Uplay log in won't accept my username and password - it either says they are wrong or it throws me back into uplay in offline mode every time i try to switch back to online mode I can't log on. As I said I tried resetting my password and I am allowed to log in to ubi via a web browser but the game will not let me log in. I have tried both my original and new passwords.
Old 12-15-13, 06:12 PM   #4
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCrunch View Post
Thanks for that butl I have tried. Uplay log in won't accept my username and password - it either says they are wrong or it throws me back into uplay in offline mode every time i try to switch back to online mode I can't log on. As I said I tried resetting my password and I am allowed to log in to ubi via a web browser but the game will not let me log in. I have tried both my original and new passwords.
You have to use the user name and password you used when first played SH5 Go online with uplay and let it download any files . Then quit uplay and then tick the always play offline . Start a new campaign .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-13, 06:55 PM   #5
CptCrunch
Seaman

Default Fixed!

Hi,

Thanks for your help but this wasn't the problem I have fixed it and in case anyone else has this proble, this is how. I uninstalled uplay under control panel (where it is called ubisoft games launcher.) I logged into uplay via the browser and downloaded uplay and installed it. I typed in my email and password and now everything is fine. I think uplay was corrupted. I picked up the campaign where I left off and everything is hunky dory.

PS This was on a Windoze 8 machine

Cheers all and happy times,

Krunch
Old 12-18-13, 10:42 PM   #6
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCrunch View Post

PS This was on a Windoze 8 machine
So how was the install and game play with Wn8?

I have to decide soon on getting 7 or 8 seeing I'm running XP. Support for XP ends in April and I need a new operating system.

I've heard good and bad for both but mostly good on installing games on Win8. Not as many problems as installing on 7.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ctd, uplay