SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-17-17, 10:43 AM   #1
John Channing
Sea Lord

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 5
Default An Excellent Cold Waters Gameplay Video

By one of the most respected youtube wargamers out there, The Mighty Jingles.

Enjoy.

JCC
John Channing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-17, 11:22 AM   #2
YoYo
Ensign

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 2

Hmmm, sorry but he forgot to load on the board the main object (so the title as "Excellent" is misleading) in this mission - Spec Ops in the beginning (and starts to fight, it isn't the main goal of this mission) so it's only for funny. In this mission the main tool for player is to follow up signature screen and take care of other sensors to be undetected (active and passive sonnar of nearest enemy). I know this mission very well . Just two cents.

SH fan, btw. my U-boot Typ VII C41 Click!
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-17, 01:10 PM   #3
Jacke
Mate

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
Hmmm, sorry but he forgot to load on the board the main object (so the title as "Excellent" is misleading) in this mission - Spec Ops in the beginning....
Ah, but this is the Mighty Jingles we're talking about.

Paraphrasing his own words, he plays these particular games because he's old and crap but still can play them somewhat well, eventually. Good example: in War Thunder, a Jingles Landing is when you get all wheels down on the runway but cock things up and break parts of the aircraft like the props. His recent video a couple of weeks of playing War Thunder after a year away was noteworthy in that Jingles didn't do a Jingles Landing and actually didn't break the plane.

He is a good video presenter with a wonderful voice and hundreds of videos on YouTube. He's now doing Twitch live streams of some games, mostly casual. He can be good at some of them if he really plays them a lot, but he really plays to have a good time and make good videos, with historical context and wonderful stories, sometimes his own from his RN career.

And he's good at showing off new games. Having a Jingles video up of "Cold Waters" will get Killerfish Games sales and more people playing the game. I commented on Jingles' video and gave a reference to the SUBSIM.com forum. We should see some of them show up.
Jacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-17, 01:34 PM   #4
YoYo
Ensign

No problem, I have nothing to the author of this video and Im sure his voice is really, really OK. Just this title of this topic was wrong for me. .

Last edited by YoYo; 06-17-17 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-17-17, 01:52 PM   #5
John Channing
Sea Lord

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 5

I didn't say it was an excellent performance, I said it was an excellent game play video.

As such it highlights game play in a way that someone who hasn't even heard of the game (like myself) will be interested in purchasing it.
John Channing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-17, 02:02 PM   #6
YoYo
Ensign

I'm sensitive about this mission in Narvik, it drives me crazy from few days .

Old 06-18-17, 03:27 AM   #7
Jacke
Mate

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
I'm sensitive about this mission in Narvik, it drives me crazy from few days .
I had the "Land the commandos" mission with the destination of Gremikha. Shallow water all the way and a lot of picket ships and subs. And minefields. Tried to dodge everything, but I had to sink a surface ship coming right at me. Suffered a mine hit and I think a torpedo hit. But I got through and got out, though the Narwhal got beat up. After hours of play. Then I had to get home past all the Soviet Navy.

Last edited by Jacke; 06-18-17 at 03:55 AM.
Jacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-17, 03:48 PM   #8
ClaudiuC
Watch

Downloads: 18

He's not really one of my favorite youtubers, if fact I'm not even subbed on his channel since he mainly plays casual games like WoT etc... but one thing is for certain, he has a massive audience and this brings nice publicity to this game and can possible increase the player base and bring more revenues which is great for the devs and great for the future of the game.
ClaudiuC is offline   Reply With Quote