SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2020, 10:35 AM   #1
LLv34 Smuli
Nub
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2
Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0
Default Uplay updated to Ubisoft Connect - game not launching

Hi,

My Uplay got just 2 days ago an update to new version. That is called Ubisoft Connect. After update SH5 is not launching anymore. I did complete uninstall/reinstall from CD and still not working.

Does anyone else has same issues??

Lost my current TWoS career for this


UPDATE: for some reasons my new CD installation is not launching via Ubisoft Connect. Downloaded version did work. I overwrote DL version of SH5.exe with a 1.02 DVD version backup I had taken before modding. Installed TWoS on DL+1.02 backup exe and now game is working again.

If anyone has issues with DVD version after Ubi launcher update, you may have a workaround above.

Last edited by LLv34 Smuli; 10-29-2020 at 11:33 AM.
LLv34 Smuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:14 PM   #2
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 323
Downloads: 149
Uploads: 0
Default

Sorry. I haven't had SH5 installed for ages, so I installed just now, to test this for you, and it worked fine for me.

:/
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 10:55 AM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666
 
Aktungbby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: where I'm at presently
Posts: 19,231
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0


Default

LLv34 Smuli! after a veeery long (18 yrs!) silent run!
__________________
"Only two things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity; And I'm not too sure about the Universe..." -Albert Einstein
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:25 PM   #4
rfxcasey
Bosun
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 68
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default

It seems I may be having the same problem, though I've never owned the game before last night. I bought the SH5 Gold Edition, not the DVD version, downloaded it last night and all the TWoS stuff as well. I installed the vanilla game and it ran just fine, then I installed the TWoS following all install instructions carefully, now the game won't launch. When I double click the shortcut to start SH5 Ubisoft Connect logs in then I get stuck on the Ubisoft connect (I guess it's a loading screen) with a spinner in the lower right corner and the game never starts. I'm in offline mode and have 'auto update games' unchecked as per the TWoS install package but no dice. All mods in JSGME are deactivated. This sucks.
rfxcasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 01:33 PM   #5
Thomsen42
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Germany, Cologne
Posts: 10
Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default

I had this happen too me too,
Try the steps described in this thread, it worked for me!
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=247279
Thomsen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:28 PM   #6
the beast
Sailor dude
 
the beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,573
Downloads: 291
Uploads: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfxcasey View Post
It seems I may be having the same problem, though I've never owned the game before last night. I bought the SH5 Gold Edition, not the DVD version, downloaded it last night and all the TWoS stuff as well. I installed the vanilla game and it ran just fine, then I installed the TWoS following all install instructions carefully, now the game won't launch. When I double click the shortcut to start SH5 Ubisoft Connect logs in then I get stuck on the Ubisoft connect (I guess it's a loading screen) with a spinner in the lower right corner and the game never starts. I'm in offline mode and have 'auto update games' unchecked as per the TWoS install package but no dice. All mods in JSGME are deactivated. This sucks.
Try this:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=452

But first, you will need to uninstall your SH5 installation and reinstall it again. But after installing vanilla SH5, install the DVD fix and launch the game. See if it works and then you can install TWoS.
__________________
This year is a dumpster fire
From California burning to the plague returning
This year is a dumpster fire
And to think, oh no, we've got a month to go!

Check out my YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjs..._as=subscriber

the beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:10 AM   #7
Topo65
Captain
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlántico Sur
Posts: 519
Downloads: 348
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
...Connect logs in then I get stuck on the Ubisoft connect (I guess it's a loading screen) with a spinner in the lower right corner and the game never starts.

I have solved that by giving administrator rights to Ubisoft Connect.exe.
__________________
Cold Waters 1968 Campaign
LINK a lista de Youtube
My Blog: www.marenguerra.blogspot.com
Topo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 05:51 PM   #8
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent
 
Onkel Neal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1997
Location: Cougar Trap, Texas
Posts: 19,438
Downloads: 439
Uploads: 208


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
Sorry. I haven't had SH5 installed for ages, so I installed just now, to test this for you, and it worked fine for me.

:/
Nice, that's very thoughtful of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topo65 View Post
I have solved that by giving administrator rights to Ubisoft Connect.exe.
Thanks for following up with the solution.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
uplay

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2020 Subsim