Voters: 1237. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-10, 12:01 PM   #601
NefariousKoel
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavell View Post
Hey, they've clearly got a point. You might not be able to actually play the game...but you can install it as many times as you want! Now THAT is value.

It's not like I can install all my other games as many times as I want or anything.

They're giving you extra-special privileges with this new setup!
Old 03-23-10, 03:10 PM   #602
janh
Stinking drunk in Trinidad

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post

Matthew,
We appreciate you voicing your concerns about our new Online Services Platform that will be offered in Silent Hunter 5. We feel strongly that the platform will offer benefits to the player, in form of services such as unlimited installs and that these services justify the permanent online requirement. We truly feel that the vast majority of gamers will have a smooth and easy experience with this platform.
Wow, I don't think they even finished reading your original email...
There would be one thing that would make this "unlimited installs" valuable, but they will surely not offer that: Live-long availability of the download, and continuous support for adapting it to new operating systems or environments. I still fire up 10 year old games, or even on occasion something from C64 -- for good old times sake. If they ensure that I can do so with their products in 10, 15, 20 years from now on my newest PC, find, that would be nice. But it wouldn't be worth an extra cent to me.

However, they will not go to that degree of support, and without the "unlimited installs" are misleading -- unless they imply that their new games other wise would have been 1 install per $50 (which I doubt they'd do). And that presently means that my CDs and DVDs allow me to do exactly the same -- unlimited installs.

How stupid must Ubisoft consider their customers to be?????