SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-10-19, 04:16 AM   #1
bugsix
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Legendary Microprose Returns to Develop and Publish Warbirds 2020, Coming Fall 2019

Quote:
Legendary gaming company Microprose has been revived and they’ll be developing and co-publishing iEntertainment Network Inc.’s Warbirds 2020 this Fall according to a press release.
Microprose will be making use of the Unreal Engine for Warbirds 2020 and they have a number of improvements for the game in the works. A high-tech mapping system will be used to get even more accurate depictions of real-world locations in the game. Of course, the devs will be paying special attention to the planes and their cockpits to ensure that they are as accurate to the originals as possible
Warbirds 2020 will be making its way to PC and Mac sometime in the Fall of 2019. Mobile and console versions of the game will be taking off throughout 2020

https://techraptor.net/content/micro...ming-fall-2019
bugsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 07:24 AM   #2
agathosdaimon
Planesman

Downloads: 142

my big wish would be that microprose returned and finally made M1 Tank Platoon 3 or a new Gunship

man they made great titles - Silent Service 1 and 2 and RSS and TF 1942 - I guess Silent Service has been surpassed by SH series and that ame Silent Depth, and RSS by Cold Waters, -but where oh where is a new TF 1942!
agathosdaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 10:57 AM   #3
Amiral Crapaud
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 2

Bill Stealey is the only remotely Microprose-related vibe in this - and even then, he looks very alone and very far off the mark to me. Reading what he writes about the sim is a bit too sobering for my taste. He did spend a lot of time in Warbirds and far away from everything else, unfortunately.

He is collaborating with the maker of Carrier Command who bought the Microprose name. But beyond the good intents, the muscle of the glory days are just not there. I can only wish them the best luck, but it looks like a big big endeavor to me.

Regarding TF1942 (and 1942:PAW), something is coming up though, fear not!
Amiral Crapaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-19, 04:00 PM   #4
bugsix
Swabbie

First screen !

Old 06-10-19, 07:01 PM   #5
agathosdaimon
Planesman

oh awesome - can you shed any more light on the TF/paw1942 related game?

those warbirds screens look great - will the game though only be an online mp subscription product only though?

Last edited by agathosdaimon; 06-10-19 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-11-19, 01:21 AM   #6
bugsix
Swabbie

Quote:
those warbirds screens look great - will the game though only be an online mp subscription product only though?
The game is online mp.

They've posted some information that the model is from free to play to subscription, there will be different available payment options, like for example you can even pay only for 1 day of play, 1 week, 1 month, few months etc.

Free to play will allow you to play without paying with a limited plane set.
Old 06-11-19, 02:58 AM   #7
agathosdaimon
Planesman

oh okay - i really wish they didnt go with that model of pay to play - i mean i would pay up to maybe the amount of say a full priced game but beyond that unless i was a hardcore player for that particular game i wouldnt.

that being said i happily pay occasionally for World of Warships bits and pieces, but then that is a theme that interests me far more - the WoW model i like though in that i can still play most of the game and online too with standard account, the grind to get ships is just a bit longer, though they often have premium account as a giveaway prize.

In any case, i think i will just stick with European Air War when i have need to scratch that itch

Last edited by agathosdaimon; 06-11-19 at 04:04 AM.
Old 06-11-19, 03:34 AM   #8
Amiral Crapaud
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 2

I think you meant to quote Bugsix, Agathos
But yeah, the glory days of MPS, even with the last generation all the way to EAW, Falcon 4 & M1TP2 were quite something...
Amiral Crapaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 04:05 AM   #9
agathosdaimon
Planesman

sorry, actually i didnt mean to quote anyone then, i dont know how that happened

even Gunship! from 1999 and Mechwarrior 3 - 2 of the very last Microprose games, were both unique and despite their flaws, i played them alot and found them very fun - Gunship in particular was quite hard and a really nice graphical style to it- a more refined M1TP2 aesthetic, - a style that i prefer still today over that of games like DCS world
Old 06-12-19, 03:08 AM   #10
bugsix
Swabbie

Hey Agathos, from what I understand you won't have to pay anything to play
Old 07-15-19, 02:22 AM   #11
bugsix
Swabbie