SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-01-09, 01:20 AM   #1
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12
Default [REL] Admiral Scheer for OM v102

Admiral Scheer for OM v103

This mod allows Xantro “Playable Pocket Battleship” run on top of OMv720 and is based on a original idea by Sledgehammer427

Download Link:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1443

============================

Mirror site

http://www.filefront.com/user/lurkerhlb3

============================

Install Instructions:

Installation Order:
SH4 v1.5
OMv705
OMv705 to v720
OMv720 Patch 5
OMEGU V300
OMEGU V300 Patch7
AS for OM v103

“WARNING”

Do not install any other mods other than what is listed above

“WARNING”

This mod covers the period from Sept 1940 to Dec 1943 and has the Admiral Scheer assigned to two distinct areas to mimic historical operations, “Group West” (Sept 40 to Feb 42) conducting operations in the North / South Atlantic and “Group Nord” ( Feb 42 to Dec 43). The dates used for these operations are “semi-historical” and are a bit longer that real life for gameplay purpose. Home base for “Group West” is Gotenhafen in Poland with a start date of September 1st 1940 and Narvik for “Group Nord” with a start date of March 1st 1942. If you start a career with “Group West” you will receive a “automatic” transfer to “Group Nord” in Feb 42 ( there will be a message that informs you of the transfer )

There have been a large number of changes to the original mod by Xantro to ensure the smooth integrations into OM. In some cases files where removed and in other case the original file was replaced by new files.

Here are some of the main changes

“Periscopes” have been disabled and all targeting for the 11inch guns will be through the UZO.

Damage model has been completely rebuilt to be and act a little more realistically . The only area that is “below” the water line is the “engine room” so in the “Systems control” window that is the only area where you will see flooding in.

Added “real world” radar and RWR equipment (FuMO 22/27, FuMB4 Sumatra and FuMB7 Timor)

Director with the FuMO radars, now “rotates” (This is based on an original idea by tater)

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 08-04-10 at 08:33 PM.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-09, 01:00 PM   #2
Akula4745
Convicted Ship Killer

Location: Just out of sight... plotting your course and speed
Downloads: 371
Uploads: 1

Awesome Lurker... many thanks. Does this new mod address the non-firing Anti-Aircraft issue of the previous version?

"If you sit by the river long enough... the body of your enemy will float by -- SunTzu"
Akula4745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-09, 01:22 PM   #3
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akula4745 View Post
Awesome Lurker... many thanks. Does this new mod address the non-firing Anti-Aircraft issue of the previous version?
No just upgraded to work with the new OMEGU
Old 12-01-09, 06:21 PM   #4
Akula4745
Convicted Ship Killer

Location: Just out of sight... plotting your course and speed
Downloads: 371
Uploads: 1

Understood. Thanks!

"If you sit by the river long enough... the body of your enemy will float by -- SunTzu"
Akula4745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-09, 12:55 PM   #5
Te Kaha
Navy Dude

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 2

Downloaded it, and this is the first ever surface ship I tried playing in SH4.

Chose September 1940 as campaign start and came across a Lithuanian merchant, which I sank just for watching how this ship works. Good to see all the main and secondary armament were firing at the merchant when ordered to - I just have to work out how to use the aft torpedo launchers, haven't tried yet.
Te Kaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-09, 09:26 AM   #6
gile
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

This "little" add-on made me reinstal SH4. Its all very nice, BUT:

1. first patrol, got transfered to St. Nazaire I think, but cant dock there. ??? Started 3 patrols, all the same.

2. no AA?

3. AI destroyers keep raming me. It really blows away any realism.

I have a clean instal with:
OMv705
OMv705 to OMv720
OMEGUv300
AS_for_OMv101

Many thanks for the answers and keep up the good work.
gile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-09, 11:20 AM   #7
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gile View Post

1. first patrol, got transfered to St. Nazaire I think, but cant dock there. ??? Started 3 patrols, all the same.

2. no AA?

3. AI destroyers keep raming me. It really blows away any realism.

I have a clean instal with:
OMv705
OMv705 to OMv720
OMEGUv300
AS_for_OMv101

Many thanks for the answers and keep up the good work.
1. Unable to recreate your problem

2. As designed

3. This is a stock issue, the AI thinks you are sub.
Old 12-04-09, 06:42 PM   #8
Te Kaha
Navy Dude

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gile View Post

You aren't transferred to St.Nazaire - the radio message you are receiving is titled "To all 7th Flotilla U-Boats" - always read the full message including the header.
Te Kaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-09, 09:15 AM   #9
Dutchie-one
Officer

Downloads: 255
Default OMv705 to OMv720

Hello Guy`s, where can I find ot d/l

these files ?

OMv705 to OMv720 and the OMEGUv300

Thanks, Dutchie-one

Found it do I need the OMEGUv.300 fix. ?

Last edited by Dutchie-one; 12-13-09 at 10:11 AM.
Dutchie-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-09, 03:47 PM   #10
tomhugill
Planesman

Downloads: 23

Hey Lurker , what is the rational behind not giving the scheer working aa , playable or otherwise?
tomhugill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-09, 03:58 PM   #11
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhugill View Post
Hey Lurker , what is the rational behind not giving the scheer working aa , playable or otherwise?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...3&postcount=50
Old 01-09-10, 01:20 PM   #12
de vliegende hollander
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

This mod covers the period from Sept 1940 to Dec 1943 and has the Admiral Scheer assigned to two distinct areas to mimic historical operations, “Group West” (Sept 40 to Feb 42) conducting operations in the North / South Atlantic and “Group Nord” ( Feb 42 to Dec 43). The dates used for these operations are “semi-historical” and are a bit longer that real life for gameplay purpose. Home base for “Group West” is Gotenhafen in Poland with a start date of September 1st 1940 and Narvik for “Group Nord” with a start date of March 1st 1942. If you start a career with “Group West” you will receive a “automatic” transfer to “Group Nord” in Feb 42 ( there will be a message that informs you of the transfer )

how can you change scheer to a other flotila ?
i try it it ti change but it's difcult with al those flotila's and bases
hope that you can help me
grt henk

Quess that nobody can or wil help THANKS

Last edited by de vliegende hollander; 01-10-10 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-10-10, 08:12 AM   #13
DirtyACE
Engineer

Downloads: 28

I just started playing with this mod. So far it's pretty incredible. Never thought I'd be able to command a surface vessel in SH.

Anyway, I was going to my assigned patrol area when suddenly my radar picked up a task force to the west of Scotland (south of my own position). I decided to investigate. It was kind of risky since Admiral Scheer is a pocket battleship, not quite the same as the real thing, like Bismark or Turpitz. So we are steaming ahead, almost directly at the task force. Then I discover that it has 3 Tribal DDs, 2 Kent Class HA, and 1 Repulse Class BB.

We decided to be bold and audacious. We first blasted two DDs out of the water, then started to hammer the BB. She was hit hard and quick with our main guns scoring several direct hits. I think we hit the engine room because there was a huge explosion and the ship slowed and stopped. We continued to pummel her until she finally started slowly going down. This was all done from 6km.

After that we started receiving some damage as the third DD managed to close in while we fought it out with their BB. He was peppering us with machine gun fire. As he was circling around the back of us, we brought about the main forward battery and blasted the bastard to stone age. Then we began working the two HAs. Funny enough it seemed like they were actually trying to escape from the area. Looking through the UZO, I saw them forming a single file line while trying to steam away from us. This gave us much confidence as we smelled blood! We sailed straight after them while pounding with everything we had. We sunk them both like dogs.

After the battle we did have a bit of damage to repair to our range finder, or whatever the thing that looks like binoculars. However, our hull was undamaged.

Now I have a couple questions:

1. I have some kind of alarm going off in the ship. I imagine it went off when I selected to put the crew on battlestations. Anyway, it is still going off after the battle for some reason. I have no idea how to turn it off. I checked various stations and made sure that the crew is no longer on battlestations, but the alarm just keeps on ringing. We have also repaired all the damage and there's no flooding.

2. I noticed some of my crews' icons are now orange. What does this mean? I checked them and they're not dead or injured, so what does this orange color mean?
DirtyACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 09:33 AM   #14
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Downloads: 35

Wow! Like some others here, I had no clue that this was possible or even done. I'll definitely be downloading this puppy to try out. Just a quick question in terms of compatibility. I use RFB mod along with OM, can I also add this one into the mix or do I need to deactivate RFB mod first and then install? Thanks!
Old 02-10-10, 05:59 PM   #15
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 609_Avatar View Post
Wow! Like some others here, I had no clue that this was possible or even done. I'll definitely be downloading this puppy to try out. Just a quick question in terms of compatibility. I use RFB mod along with OM, can I also add this one into the mix or do I need to deactivate RFB mod first and then install? Thanks!

Not compatible with RFB