SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Atlantic Fleet / Pacific Fleet
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-16-16, 11:26 PM   #1
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 982
Uploads: 0
Default Question about steam, and will Atlantic Fleet run on a Pentium 2.0 M CPU?

Hi I have a few questions about Atlantic Fleet anyone know it it will work with a Intel Pentium 2.0 M CPU its on a Dell 8600 Laptop with ATI 9600 Pro 128MB video card and 2GB Memory, Also I have never used Steam and have a few questions, I take it the only way this game will work is to have computer connected to internet the entire time with Steam running while you are playing correct? If I was to buy the game and it does not work for the Laptop mentioned above do I have to buy it again to try on a newer Laptop. Been stuck in the stone ages and its been awhile since I bought a New Game, Thanks for any help!

Lonny
Lonny007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-16, 05:03 AM   #2
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189

With all settings on low it should probably run, but we haven't tested on such a low-spec rig. With Steam all purchases are tied to your account, so you could install the game on any machine you own.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-16, 06:22 AM   #3
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny007 View Post
Also I have never used Steam and have a few questions, I take it the only way this game will work is to have computer connected to internet the entire time with Steam running while you are playing correct?
Nope, once you have the Steam app and the game installed, you can go offline, and you'll still be able to play the game.

The only features that Steam disables while offline are ones that would be impossible to do while offline anyway (store, forums, chat, updates etc.).
Old 03-20-16, 07:06 AM   #4
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 982

Thanks for the replys, I will give this a try on my Dell 8600 Laptop. Thanks Again!

Lonny
Lonny007 is offline   Reply With Quote