SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-05-23, 06:32 PM   #5131
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375
Uploads: 0

give feds a inch they take a mile we going have to watch out for assault shoves now.
Old 02-05-23, 06:38 PM   #5132
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
"It doesn't effect me, so I don't care" Typical response. FYI, the "regulations" Booker is asking for is already covered under virtually all local building codes. In my entire life I've never seen a wood, gas, propane, or electric stove that didn't have some sort of ventilation system associated with it, and I've spent considerable time in different parts of the U.S.

(got a previous engagement, will finish response later)
So if these regulations already exist then what’s the point of the letter? IMO it’s in the letter, he’s pandering to all the poor Black and Hispanic households with gas stoves. Like the song goes… He cares a lot, did you see the letter Booker wrote?

(We care a lot) about disasters, fires, floods and killer bees
about the NASA shuttle falling in the sea
(We care a lot) about starvation and the food that Live Aid bought
(We care a lot) about disease, baby Rock, Hudson, rock, yeah!

And it's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it....

(We care a lot) About the gamblers and the pushers and the freaks
(We care a lot) About the people who live off the street
(We care a lot) About the welfare of all the boys and girls
(We care a lot) About you people cause we're out to save the world
Yeah!

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-05-23 at 06:55 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 10:36 PM   #5133
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
"It doesn't effect me, so I don't care" Typical response. FYI, the "regulations" Booker is asking for is already covered under virtually all local building codes. In my entire life I've never seen a wood, gas, propane, or electric stove that didn't have some sort of ventilation system associated with it, and I've spent considerable time in different parts of the U.S.

(got a previous engagement, will finish response later)
Why not ban gas water heaters and whole house heaters while they're at it if they really want to be safe for the children? I've seen some pretty bad vent jobs on gas hot water heaters. ...and what about chimney fires? Let's ban chimneys.
Old 02-06-23, 10:26 AM   #5134
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
So if these regulations already exist then what’s the point of the letter? IMO it’s in the letter, he’s pandering to all the poor Black and Hispanic households with gas stoves. Like the song goes… He cares a lot, did you see the letter Booker wrote?
I did read the letter, the focus seems to be on the pollution gas ranges produce (aka climate change), tying it to health risks is a way to garner support for an eventual ban. think about it, if the powers that be can't stop (they can reduce it, which they have) oil/gas production via legislation, they'll come at it from a different angle. That angle is an attempt to reduce the demand on gas and oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Why not ban gas water heaters and whole house heaters while they're at it if they really want to be safe for the children? I've seen some pretty bad vent jobs on gas hot water heaters. ...and what about chimney fires? Let's ban chimneys.
(Baby steps ) Look at California for a glimpse on what is being attempted here by the Feds. Currently California has a 1/2 a dozen cities that have banned all gas appliances in new construction dwellings (not sure if the ban extends to commercial side), San Francisco, Berkley, the entire Marin County. And L.A. is following suit this year. A ban on the sale of new gas appliances for the entire State is set to go into effect in 2030.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-23, 04:53 PM   #5135
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
I did read the letter, the focus seems to be on the pollution gas ranges produce (aka climate change), tying it to health risks is a way to garner support for an eventual ban. think about it, if the powers that be can't stop (they can reduce it, which they have) oil/gas production via legislation, they'll come at it from a different angle. That angle is an attempt to reduce the demand on gas and oil.

(Baby steps ) Look at California for a glimpse on what is being attempted here by the Feds. Currently California has a 1/2 a dozen cities that have banned all gas appliances in new construction dwellings (not sure if the ban extends to commercial side), San Francisco, Berkley, the entire Marin County. And L.A. is following suit this year. A ban on the sale of new gas appliances for the entire State is set to go into effect in 2030.

Ya that is weird, AND confusing. On the Pacific side, California is banning gas appliances. Across the Atlantic, German’s we’re colluding with Putin to build gas lines to power their appliances. And both are claiming to be the ones saving the planet, you know AGW and all that jazz.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-06-23 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-06-23, 07:00 PM   #5136
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

best way to save the planet make it where democrats cant reproduce
Old 02-06-23, 07:23 PM   #5137
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Ya that is weird, AND confusing. On the Pacific side, California is banning gas appliances. Across the Atlantic, German’s we’re colluding with Putin to build gas lines to power their appliances. And both are claiming to be the ones saving the planet, you know AGW and all that jazz.
But not stoves.

"Under a proposal unanimously approved from the California Air Resources Board (CARB) Thursday, The Golden State voted to ban the sale of all natural gas-fired space heaters and water-heating appliances by 2030.

The move is designed to meet EPA regulations limiting ozone in the atmosphere to 70 parts per billion, as experts say most of the state exceeds that limit."

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-23, 07:25 PM   #5138
Buddahaid

I heard today that Koch will not back Trump for 2024 and it looks like Nikkie Haley will get the backing instead.

David Bowie
Old 02-06-23, 07:31 PM   #5139
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
But not stoves.

"Under a proposal unanimously approved from the California Air Resources Board (CARB) Thursday, The Golden State voted to ban the sale of all natural gas-fired space heaters and water-heating appliances by 2030.

The move is designed to meet EPA regulations limiting ozone in the atmosphere to 70 parts per billion, as experts say most of the state exceeds that limit."
Kewl, thanks for the clarification.

Hopefully there is a solid plan to upgrade the power grid overtime to handle the new loads put on it. From what I’ve read a quarter of California’s population is using gas.

Old 02-06-23, 07:54 PM   #5140
Buddahaid

Quote:
Kewl, thanks for the clarification.

Hopefully there is a solid plan to upgrade the power grid overtime to handle the new loads put on it. From what I’ve read a quarter of California’s population is using gas.
Like me but my house is 99 years old. PG&E promoted gas pretty aggressively in the seventies as well as the AGA.

David Bowie
Old 02-06-23, 09:44 PM   #5141
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Like me but my house is 99 years old. PG&E promoted gas pretty aggressively in the seventies as well as the AGA.

Does your home still have knob and tube wiring, not really equipped to handle modern power loads.

Old 02-06-23, 11:28 PM   #5142
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

hope you guys got them old houses check for asbestos late 70's early 80's fact is going take more than a country or two and some countries not going do a thing about it but keep throwing crap in the air,ocean .do you think that vete in a garage is electric or every time them folks in dc hops on a jet
Old 02-06-23, 11:54 PM   #5143
Buddahaid

Quote:
Does your home still have knob and tube wiring, not really equipped to handle modern power loads.
It did for the ceiling lights, but the kitchen remodel pretty much replace everything from the power pole, and what was left of the knob and tube wiring was replaced under that permit. New gas and water lines too.

David Bowie
Old 02-06-23, 11:56 PM   #5144
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
hope you guys got them old houses check for asbestos late 70's early 80's fact is going take more than a country or two and some countries not going do a thing about it but keep throwing crap in the air,ocean .do you think that vete in a garage is electric or every time them folks in dc hops on a jet
The only asbestos was under some of the old kitchen flooring. The house is Douglas fir framing with redwood siding. Cheap materials a hundred years ago.

David Bowie
Old 02-07-23, 12:13 AM   #5145
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

My house was built in 1969. I've been here for 14 years and haven't spotted any asbestos so far.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote