SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-27-23, 09:12 PM   #241
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi Guys
I had a PM requesting this mod which I thought might also be of interest to some of you.
LSH3-2022 Swastika Flag on own U-Boat
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 12:04 AM   #242
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back!

I C U R out and about good sir!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-23, 10:10 PM   #243
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26
Default Sub upgrades in 1940

A query:
Am at December 1940, after 18 patrols, a very good record...but before starting patrol 19, have to ask...why have I not been upgraded to a VIIC sub? I would think successful sub commanders would take some precedence over others, and the VIIC was coming on-line rather early in 1940.
Now what the program does regarding these upgrades I have no idea; or at least what it takes into consideration in automatically doing so.
Not a dramatic problem. am comfortable with the old VIIB, but then...
Archive!
Archive1 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-23, 12:35 AM   #244
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Default LSH2022 Uboat Availability dates

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...49&postcount=2
blackswan40 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-23, 10:54 PM   #245
Archive1
Commander

blackswan:
Thanks. I do note that a program icon shows that the VIIC came on-line rather early in 1940...maybe that needs changing.
I started out in Flotte II, VIIB, where I was assigned to Will'haven after the 'test' patrols to learn the sub, then later to Lorient where I am still based.
I think you are saying that after the end of 1940 I need to request transfer to Kiel for some 'test' patrols in the VIIC, and then can request transfer back to Flotte II and Lorient, or do I need to transfer to one of the other squadrons...maybe to Flotte VII at La Rochelle?
Interesting how carefully you have worked all this out. Impressive.
Archive1
Old 04-06-23, 01:29 AM   #246
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Hi Archive1 i'm only a small member of the LSH2020-2022 Team the group as more talented members than me im just a grease monkey I did write five single and multiplayer missions for LSH2022 also when theres any queries on the LSH2022 Subsim forums i try and help people when ever you would like to upgrade your Uboat from a Type II to a VIIB or VIIC they have tobe available also if you have already joined the 1st Flt ect then you have to transer back to the Erprobungstele training flt Upgrade your Uboat to a VIIB-C then retransfer back to 1st flt. ect
Old 04-06-23, 02:44 PM   #247
kongovsfuso142
Torpedoman

Downloads: 863
Icon14 Any News?

Any new reports on LSH3 2023?

Kongo.:Kaleun_Salute :
Old 04-08-23, 12:31 AM   #248
Archive1
Commander

blackswan:
Just returned with VIIB `from patrol 19 on 5 Jan to Lorient with accumulate 200,000+ tons total record.

I believe I was told that the VIIC would be available after 1 Jan 1941 and there was a need to 'train' for the sub upgrade via the Erpobung...route - either Danzig or ...? OK, makes sense.

So when returned to port, Lorient, chose "Transfer" (desk phone) to Erpobung...(whatever) to "train" for upgrade to VIIC...and got this message: 'the base was changed to null)" and the whole program crashed to desktop.

BTW:I aborted the last 19th patrol since a freighter took 6 (yes, 6) torpedoes and 40 rounds of deck gun rounds and was still doing 1 knot/hour - not realistic, so something was not right and I went home to Lorient.

This is not encouraging regarding quality programming.

Now what? Nineteen patrols down the drain? Yes I know, it's just a game, but ...
Archive1
Old 04-08-23, 01:00 AM   #249
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Hi Archive1 sorry to hear of the campaign crashing did you make a backup of your campaign folder V2C default name

Also did you try to reload your campaign with the commander mod or just using LSH2022 loading in patrol 19 in base before mission or patrol 18

would be worth a try Sir.

Last edited by blackswan40; 04-09-23 at 02:16 AM.
Old 04-08-23, 02:53 PM   #250
YellowFin
Engineer

Downloads: 56
Default Mouse / Screen Issue

1. Thank you for a new edition of this wonderful super mod!

I did a fresh install of SH3 from Steam and then of LSH 2022 into C:\Games and I did follow the installation instructions to the best of my knowledge.

The first test run in the naval academy, as recommended by the instructions went fine. I closed the game and activated a few mods with JSGME and I applied a few HSIE-Fixes - basically all of them except the ones that specifically refer to a different super mod.

On the second start up with SH3 Commander everything went smooth until I was in the main menu. I noticed that the mouse pointer wouldn't move beyond about 80% of the horizontal extent of my screen on the left side. The GUI of SH3 shows fine and the resolution is fine on the entire screen, however the mouse pointer wouldn't go all the way to the left.

Any idea what mod or fix could cause this?

Edit: Also the bottom 20% or so are "unreachable" for my mouse pointer. To the top and all the way to the right where my second screen is works fine. The mouse pointer then leaves SH3 and I could activate other windows.

Last edited by YellowFin; 04-08-23 at 03:00 PM. Reason: addition of details to this problem
YellowFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-23, 11:25 PM   #251
Archive1
Commander

blackswan:
Ok. just reloaded the game and as always via Commander. Opened correctly back at Lorient. Requested transfer to training base, this time worked properly and am now at Danzig with a new VIIC. Have no idea what I did wrong...if anything. In any case, now seems like things are working properly. So, now underway with a new vessel.
Thanks for the response.

Archive1
Old 04-09-23, 02:18 AM   #252
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Hi YellowFin I have sent you a PM that should get your SH3-LSH2022 working
you will no longer need the Steam version Sir

Let me know how you get on with your new SH3 install

At Subsim the pride runs deep we look after our own

Last edited by blackswan40; 04-09-23 at 02:33 AM.
Old 04-09-23, 02:40 AM   #253
YellowFin
Engineer

Downloads: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
Hi YellowFin I have sent you a PM that should get your SH3-LSH2022 working
you will no longer need the Steam version Sir

Let me know how you get on with your new SH3 install

At Subsim the pride runs deep we look after our own
Thank you very much, I am downloading your installation right now and will try the fix you suggested.

Have a wonderful Easter holiday.
YellowFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-23, 05:03 PM   #254
Splug
Nub

Downloads: 85

Hi all!

I hope this finds you all safe and well. This is my first post, so I hope I am in the right place.

I have very recently install the brilliant LSH3_2022 Mod, and having completed the Training I was really looking forward to working through the 40 Missions. To my dismay there isn't a Mission to be seen.

As per the Installation Guide, there are two seperate installations of LSH£, one for Careers, and another for Single Missions. The licensed Steam version is located in the 'steam library' folder, whilst both LSH3 iterations are on the same drive, but not in the Steam folder. Te drive is a PCSI SSD, not containing the operating system. LSH3 installed without a hitch, and played flawlessly.

'LSH3-2022_Single-&OnlineMultiMissions_NoCareer' was installed using the included 'LSH3 Mod Archive Manager - and of course activated.

I am at a loss here (not the first time ... probably), so any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Mike.
Splug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-23, 09:30 AM   #255
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Hi Splug after six year silent run the Steam version of SH3 is ok for stock but if you have other steam games in your steam games folder then it causes problems with SH3 but no worries help is at hand Sir
Your Steam version of SH3 is now longer needed I installed SH3 from dvd then i zipped it up with 7zip and uploaded to my mediafire site

ive sent you a PM with download link

Last edited by blackswan40; 04-12-23 at 03:10 AM.