Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-04-23, 10:40 AM   #5116
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I believe that at least some of the documents found at both Trumps and Bidens house were marked Top Secret SCI which is as high as it goes. Probably not all of them though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
There are other documents that don’t have any fancy folders and markings. These are hand written notes taken during briefings about classified subjects that can get easily lost or find their way into cardboard boxes in a garage.
Does this information on the classification come from the "press" via anonymous sources, or did the National archives release a statement indicating the level and type of material?

I'm starting to think that this "classified document" scandal is a" much ado about nothing" story and is being used as a misdirection by this Administration.

The finding of "classified" documents in unauthorized places seems to be so routine that the National Archives has FAQ's available for instances when people find them, and how to return them via the U.S. postal service.

Quote:
How does Classified Information end up in Private Collections?

Former government officials and contractors have been known to retain papers containing classified national security information and eventually donate them to private archives. Often, it is not until these records are formally processed that archivists realize a collection contains classified information. If an archive or a library has not received Federal approval to store classified materials, continuing to store the records in an unapproved area could be endangering national security. In these instances, the institution should contact the Information Security Oversight Office (ISOO) at the National Archives and arrange for these records to be securely stored. ISOO will maintain temporary custody of the records through the declassification process.

By contacting ISOO you will be respecting the access restrictions placed on that information by the U.S. government. ISOO, in turn, will respect the rights of your institution to maintain the integrity of collections of donated personal papers.
The sentence I underlined is the part that has me thinking this whole scandal is some sort of smokescreen for something else.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-23, 12:47 PM   #5117
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Does this information on the classification come from the "press" via anonymous sources, or did the National archives release a statement indicating the level and type of material?

I'm starting to think that this "classified document" scandal is a" much ado about nothing" story and is being used as a misdirection by this Administration.

The finding of "classified" documents in unauthorized places seems to be so routine that the National Archives has FAQ's available for instances when people find them, and how to return them via the U.S. postal service.

The sentence I underlined is the part that has me thinking this whole scandal is some sort of smokescreen for something else.

Misdirection from what? I’m just guessing, but I think the only two biggest concerns that have people attention are the economy and Ukraine and I don’t think either have much drama attached.

Maybe our spooks found certain intel subjects had become known to foreign sources and our guys are just tracking down possible leaks. Such as elected officials not putting intel sheets back where they belong and eventually losing track of them allowing any crackhead on the street access to it.

So I’m still going with the possibility Uncle Sam is just tightening up procedure and accountability, gathering up stuff that should have been secured a long time ago. Which of course lends itself to the usual childish party fanboy tit for tat headlines and similar derp.

That’s my story and I’m sticking too it until I hear otherwise.

Btw, “How does Classified Information end up in Private Collections?” Good info.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-04-23 at 01:07 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-23, 04:20 PM   #5118
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Misdirection from what? I’m just guessing, but I think the only two biggest concerns that have people attention are the economy and Ukraine and I don’t think either have much drama attached.
I'm thinking more along the lines of "rules & regulations". The recent dustup over gas ranges comes to mind, another would be the expansion of the 10 knot speed limit to include all craft between 35' & 65' long. Or the proposed change to how unrealized capital gains are taxed. and the list goes on and on. And I'd lay odds that gun control and policing (by law enforcement) will be one of the main topics at the State of the Union Speech.
Old 02-04-23, 04:26 PM   #5119
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Hey look Biden shot down a balloon, it’s the first thing he’s ever done to combat inflation. ‘ba-dum-bum-ching‘

Old 02-04-23, 05:56 PM   #5120
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
I'm thinking more along the lines of "rules & regulations". The recent dustup over gas ranges comes to mind, another would be the expansion of the 10 knot speed limit to include all craft between 35' & 65' long. Or the proposed change to how unrealized capital gains are taxed. and the list goes on and on. And I'd lay odds that gun control and policing (by law enforcement) will be one of the main topics at the State of the Union Speech.
Meh, I don’t have a gas stove so I’m not sweating it. . Here’s a link to the letter describing requested changes to gas stoves. https://www.booker.senate.gov/imo/me...gas_stoves.pdf

The speed limits for boats are IMO beneficial to the Northern Right Whale which has been listed in the ESA for well over 25 years. Can it help? Tough call, having enforced operating restrictions in NRW areas it’s not easy, but it can’t hurt. I think every protection should be afforded them. Plus the speed zones will most likely be seasonal and restricted to calving grounds. Florida is already littered with speed zones for every type and size watercraft to protect Manatees. Sure beats killing children and poisoning the environment with toxins mining rare earth metals in the name of saving the planet.

As for unrealized capital gains, they’re not taxed. Only after you sell your shares does Uncle step in and take a slice of your pie and the amount will depend on your tax bracket and if they were long or short term gains. It was tweaked but I don’t think it’s a big deal. That’s not say they won’t make the usual political hay out of it though.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-04-23 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-04-23, 07:52 PM   #5121
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Hey look Biden shot down a balloon, it’s the first thing he’s ever done to combat inflation. ‘ba-dum-bum-ching‘
Old 02-04-23, 11:40 PM   #5122
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364
Default Don't be talkin about Florida ****

Quote:
Meh, I don’t have a gas stove so I’m not sweating it. . Here’s a link to the letter describing requested changes to gas stoves. https://www.booker.senate.gov/imo/me...gas_stoves.pdf

The speed limits for boats are IMO beneficial to the Northern Right Whale which has been listed in the ESA for well over 25 years. Can it help? Tough call, having enforced operating restrictions in NRW areas it’s not easy, but it can’t hurt. I think every protection should be afforded them. Plus the speed zones will most likely be seasonal and restricted to calving grounds. Florida is already littered with speed zones for every type and size watercraft to protect Manatees. Sure beats killing children and poisoning the environment with toxins mining rare earth metals in the name of saving the planet.

As for unrealized capital gains, they’re not taxed. Only after you sell your shares does Uncle step in and take a slice of your pie and the amount will depend on your tax bracket and if they were long or short term gains. It was tweaked but I don’t think it’s a big deal. That’s not say they won’t make the usual political hay out of it though.
Look here only the rich in Florida.And there are Democrats who eat what they want when they want they don't get their **** where you get yours.And yes if you go to Publix or Winn Dixie you get their leftovers. we love Joe
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 12:05 AM   #5123
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorpet View Post
Look here only the rich in Florida.And there are Democrats who eat what they want when they want they don't get their **** where you get yours.And yes if you go to Publix or Winn Dixie you get their leftovers. we love Joe
And yes nobody that doesn't make 200,000.00 a year can't afford a boat. Mater of fact we can't even own a Jon boat. You see the Aluminium boat that gave the Floridan's their freedom. Is no more, We must send Aluminium to Ukraine. Will i get my Aluminium boat back. Or will it be Russian missiles this summer?
Old 02-05-23, 12:14 AM   #5124
Gorpet
Still Searching

What,Can i say to all the peoples who flocked here looking for the land of milk and honey. this summer you will get bright lights in the sky.
Old 02-05-23, 12:31 AM   #5125
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
And yes nobody that doesn't make 200,000.00 a year can't afford a boat. Mater of fact we can't even own a Jon boat. You see the Aluminium boat that gave the Floridan's their freedom. Is no more, We must send Aluminium to Ukraine. Will i get my Aluminium boat back. Or will it be Russian missiles this summer?
go to another state and get a jon boat hell they are a dime a dozen
Old 02-05-23, 12:53 AM   #5126
Gorpet
Still Searching

The reason Putin is the bad man,Is because he doesn't want to be a member of the new world order.Look around are you happy?
You see there was a guy named Mayo Zedong, you have to look that up if you want to know.His idea was Let's wipe out the past and we will create a new China.And they have, I love it a Balloon over the skies of America.The people who get up at 4:00 am and work till 7:00 pm Just do not see these things.

Last edited by Gorpet; 02-05-23 at 01:54 AM.
Old 02-05-23, 02:01 AM   #5127
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
go to another state and get a jon boat hell they are a dime a dozen
Hell, if DeSantis can get refugees from Texas you should be able to get a boat...

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 02:48 AM   #5128
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Hell, if DeSantis can get refugees from Texas you should be able to get a boat...
or get lucky and find one floating down the river lol which is how i got the last one around here a good john boat or v bottom can be got for 100 dollars
Old 02-05-23, 04:14 AM   #5129
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
The reason Putin is the bad man, is because he doesn't want to be a member of the new world order.
It's unfortunate that it's so hard to find someone powerful who's willing to stand up to their new world order BS.
Old 02-05-23, 05:34 PM   #5130
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Meh, I don’t have a gas stove so I’m not sweating it. . Here’s a link to the letter describing requested changes to gas stoves.
"It doesn't effect me, so I don't care" Typical response. FYI, the "regulations" Booker is asking for is already covered under virtually all local building codes. In my entire life I've never seen a wood, gas, propane, or electric stove that didn't have some sort of ventilation system associated with it, and I've spent considerable time in different parts of the U.S.

(got a previous engagement, will finish response later)