SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-27-07, 09:31 PM   #241
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

@skwasjer - don't apologize to us for the delays. S3D can wait - spend the time with your dad. I lost mine to heart troubles many years ago (take comfort though - the good news is he survived for 15 years after his first attack) - hope yours is feeling better and doing well soon. Tell him all of subsim is rooting for him
Old 10-27-07, 09:41 PM   #242
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default Your family and home life come first always

it is not easy working when someone you love is hurting and in the hospital. Spend time with your Dad like you both need right now!

Everyone understands so don't say your sorry at all and take what ever time you need.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 12:39 AM   #243
l3th4l
Planesman

Downloads: 10

indeed - now *I* feel sorry for even asking... I hope he gets well soon.
l3th4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-07, 06:01 AM   #244
vanjast
Sea Lord

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 4

skwasjer

you mentioned you might pass on the source code - Would you like to throw it this way as I don't like loading anything related to DOT-net on my PC.

I'll rewrite in a simple exe format.

Thanks
Van
vanjast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 08:53 AM   #245
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75

Just came over here with a feature request and saw the post on your dad. I know it's a few days late, but I hope he's doing better and will say a prayer for his recovery.

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10
swdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 08:23 PM   #246
WilhelmTell
Engineer

Downloads: 38

How are you Skwasjer ?!
Anything new about your great tool ?

*edit* OMG I wanna get rid of that avatar!
Old 11-12-07, 09:06 PM   #247
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default I need your help please?!

skwasjer

I need the S3D tool to read the shell counter and type's of shells for the sub's gun's.

Data/Library/USSubParts

The SIM file's for the gun's at least. They control the amount of ammo the gun's can handle and exact name of the ammo that can be used.

I am trying to set the 3in and 4in deck gun's to use and accept Star Shell Ammo yes there is a tweeker file for Mini tweeker that does this but I need to know the exact name to be used for this and unfortunatly you are at the mercy of who ever made the tweeker file as to name for them. And seeing I can not hex read since the stroke's I am screwed.
Old 11-13-07, 09:02 AM   #248
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Thanks for the heads up guys. I have been away from subsim and S3D development for a couple of weeks due to several reasons, and have recently reinstalled my pc.

leo, I have to gather my stuff again before I can answer you. It is possible, with some modification of the configuration file to edit those values.

As far as S3D progress, I'm stuck at 99% for release. A couple of annoying issues still need fixing. I'm really busy trying to get a new website up and running for my own business, but when that's done, I will finish S3D asap.

vanjast (and other coders), source code won't be released as of yet. It is still alpha/beta stage, so I still modify it alot, it is incomplete, and may be buggy, bad performance (even though no1 may notice) and sometimes I'm ashamed of code tidyness (). All that, and it relies on corporate code so I need to strip it at some point. I will release it eventually, say, version 1.0 final. If anyone needs help with coding I'm happy to help out/provide info though.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 05:51 PM   #249
skwasjer
The Old Man

As per request, to edit the ammo_storage section, add the following 2 lines to the propertydefinitions.xml (the 2nd line is a fix for the property just above the ammo_storage section):

Code:
<property name="ammo_storage" datatype="collection" />
<property name="clip_size" datatype="int" />
Add it directly below the line:

Code:
 <properties>
This allows you to see all 4 ammo types and change the shell it's object id reference and amount of shells. If there are more requests for fixing properties, please drop a line here.

Good luck
Old 11-14-07, 05:53 PM   #250
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default thanks skwasjer will add it right now and check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer
As per request, to edit the ammo_storage section, add the following 2 lines to the propertydefinitions.xml (the 2nd line is a fix for the property just above the ammo_storage section):

Code:
<property name="ammo_storage" datatype="collection" />
<property name="clip_size" datatype="int" />
Add it directly below the line:

Code:
 <properties>
This allows you to see all 4 ammo types and change the shell it's object id reference and amount of shells. If there are more requests for fixing properties, please drop a line here.

Good luck
Thanks for the extra work for me buddy!

Dave

Okay did it and checked it and it works fine thanks for the fast work and reply.
Old 11-22-07, 01:36 PM   #251
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110

ok ive got this installed but am having probs moddin the sdl sound file. have i done something wrong or cant that file be modded with this tool?

does it have to be installed in the main SH4 directory? im guessin no

just read through some more of the pages here, sorry to hear bout your old man. this certainly is a wonderful tool you have here, maybe if someone else can help with this SH3.sdl file issue. has anyone found a way to mod this file just like the mini tweaker?

Last edited by Laffertytig; 11-22-07 at 02:35 PM.
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-07, 02:42 PM   #252
skwasjer
The Old Man

The current release does not support sdl files (I've already said in the other thread). The next release will, until then, you'll have to use a hex editor.

I'm not going to say when but it will be released soon.

And no it doesn't have to be installed to SH4 directory, S3D can be installed anywhere...
Old 11-22-07, 02:51 PM   #253
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110

cheers for the quick response take all the time u need. one question though
i wouldnt mind givin this a try myself so where do i get a hex editor and how easy is it for a beginner like me to mod this file?

after using a hex editor to open that file i think this is well beyond me i have to say

Last edited by Laffertytig; 11-22-07 at 03:02 PM.
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-07, 07:48 PM   #254
skwasjer
The Old Man

Ok, I've set a new goal. I'm generally not very good at making goals as my trackrecord here shows, but in real life I'm no better, and they say it's a developer thing... I say one week, my collegues know it's gonna be 3 weeks. On the other hand, without goals you have nothing to aim for in the first place, so that's why I set a new goal now.

So, the goal is to finish up what's left in the next 5-6 days, release to testers for 7-14 days (next weekend), and then public.

I will say that I may pull one feature for the time being (!), namely undo/redo support, because this is what is giving me headaches. It works for the most part but fails in two annoying cases and I don't like halfassed work, so either it's in, or it's out (in which case I'll look into it at a later stage...)

On the flipside, I've added more new features and improvements I never mentioned here earlier, so all in all it will be a major step forward nevertheless.

I do expect new problems but hey, it will never be done then...

If I don't make public release before christmas, I deserve some spanking...

Next time I will really try harder to focus on smaller updates :hmm:
Old 11-25-07, 11:05 PM   #255
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10
Default Thanks for the update, and the work

Been there before myself. Always meaning well and expecting to meet the goal and then......... and more :hmm: and more and then and you think it's all done and then .

Personally, I'd rather wait until however long it takes for it to work to your standards than I would want it to be released "one buttock" style. Keep on keepin' on and it will all work out.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote